- The United States' 11 Most Endangered Historic Places
June 20 2013 5:53 AM
These are the U.S.' most endangered historic places in 2013, according to the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
- Unesco’s World Heritage Committee Considers 34 New Sites
June 13 2013 9:00 PM
The World Heritage Committee will gather in Cambodia next week to consider 34 sites for inclusion on Unesco’s World Heritage List.
- Historical Mega-Earthquake To Hit Pacific Coast
June 13 2013 11:34 AM
A recent study claims the Pacific Coast, mainly British Columbia, is due to experience a high magnitude, megathrust earthquake.
- Major, Rare Storm Forecasted To Hit 10 US States
June 12 2013 3:00 PM
At least 10 U.S. states are expected to experience the rare wind storm "derecho" as early as Wednesday afternoon. The 2012 derecho classified storm led to the death of 22 citizens due to power outages.
- Vivid Sydney Paints City In A Kaleidoscope Of Colors
June 07 2013 8:02 PM
The 2013 Vivid Sydney festival comes to a close Monday after turning Australia's biggest city into a glowing museum for two weeks.
- Easter Island Look-alike Statue Washes Ashore [PHOTO]
June 07 2013 8:14 AM
An Easter Island look-alike statue, or Moai Rocks, was found in Miyagi, Japan, after it recently washed ashore following the 2011 tsunami.
- NYC Is World’s Most Competitive City: Study
June 05 2013 4:14 AM
New York is the world’s most competitive city today and will remain that way in 2025, a Citigroup study says.
- Orange County Sinkhole Swallows Family's Backyard
June 04 2013 11:31 AM
An Orange County, Fla., resident's backyard and pool were swallowed by a sinkhole Monday night. Geologists are currently investigating the matter. Locals are blaming the incident on nearby construction.
- Europe Flood - 8 Dead, 9 Missing, Thousands Evacuated in Germany, Prague
June 03 2013 11:49 AM
Four countries, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic, are all under watch for potentially worsening conditions.
- 6 Tips on How To Prepare, Survive Hurricane Season
May 29 2013 11:20 AM
The National Weather Service (NOAA) shares five tips on how to prepare the 2013 hurricane season in honor of National Hurricane Preparedness Week.
- Life-Sized Simpsons Village Coming To Universal Studios
May 28 2013 5:15 AM
Ever wanted to try a Krusty Burger or swig Duff Beer? This summer you can, at Universal Studios' new Simpsons theme park.
- Busy Hurricane Season Forecast For 2013
May 24 2013 10:05 AM
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration expects an active 2013 hurricane season, with a possibility of up to six Category Five hurricanes.
- Your Perfect Weekend In Brisbane, Australia
May 10 2013 5:19 AM
The 1988 World’s Fair may have put Brisbane, Australia, on the map, but 25 years later, the city is finally ready to come into its own.
- ‘Most Exciting Cities In America’ List Raises Eyebrows
May 08 2013 11:10 PM
Oakland, Calif., is the “most exciting city in America.” That’s right, not San Francisco, not New York, not Chicago, not L.A.
- Mount Fuji And The Politics Of Unesco’s World Heritage List
May 01 2013 11:46 PM
Mount Fuji is one step closer to joining Unesco’s prestigious World Heritage List, but is the list getting too big, and is it skewed?
- Ben Affleck, Other Celebrities To Live On $1.50
April 23 2013 9:53 AM
Ben Affleck and other celebrities announced their support of the Global Poverty Project "Below the Line" campaign this week.
- Man Attacked Trying to Save Sharks in Australia
April 22 2013 1:02 PM
A man attempting to save three sharks ended up getting bitten last week.
- Officials Concerned About World's Largest 4/20 Celebration This Weekend
April 20 2013 2:13 PM
Planned 4/20 celebrations in Denver this weekend are cause for concern for local law-enforcement officials.
- A Sneak Peek Inside India’s ‘First’ Theme Park
April 17 2013 8:41 PM
It’s Disney World meets the Hindu pantheon with a splash of Bollywood at India’s “first” theme park, Adlabs Imagica.
- The Best Snack Cities Of China
April 12 2013 7:46 PM
Here's a list of 15 cities in China with the best streetside snack food.