- The World’s Most (And Least) Livable Cities In 2013
August 29 2013 6:12 AM
American cities are nowhere to be found at the top of the 2013 list of the most livable cities in the world.
- International Tourism Demand Surges Past Expectations
August 27 2013 6:02 AM
The year is off to a terrific start for the global travel and tourism industry with higher-than-predicted growth of 5 percent.
- ‘Time Machine’ Uses Wall Street Techniques To Predict Hotel Rates
August 22 2013 5:42 AM
TheSuitest is the first hotel comparison website to add a forecasting function, offering a glimpse into the future of room rates.
- Frontier Airlines: The Next Ultra Low-Cost Carrier?
August 13 2013 5:47 AM
The same equity firm that helped turn Spirit into a fee-heavy ultra low-cost carrier could do the same with Frontier Airlines.
- Countries That Spend The Most On Business Travel
August 08 2013 5:52 AM
Global spending on business travel is expected to reach $1.12 trillion this year, the GBTA BTI Outlook says.
- JetBlue To Lure Business Travelers With In-Flight ‘Suites’
August 06 2013 6:06 AM
JetBlue is adding lie-flat seats and private suites to lure a demographic that’s been largely absent from its fleet: business travelers.
- What The Global Travel Alert Means For Everyday Travelers
August 04 2013 9:53 PM
The U.S. State Department issued a worldwide travel alert for U.S. citizens Friday, but what exactly does that mean?
- US Issues Global Travel Alert Over Al Qaeda Attack Threat
August 03 2013 9:10 AM
The U.S. says al Qaeda chatter suggests terrorists are planning to attack American targets in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Government Travel: Excessive Or Beneficial To US Economy?
July 29 2013 6:11 AM
The top U.S. travel association has laid out a case for government travel spending amid a congressional push for more caps.
- Business Travelers: Here’s Some Dietary Advice
July 19 2013 5:26 AM
Business travelers face many obstacles to eating healthy, but that doesn’t make it impossible.
- Crash Victims’ Families Secure New Aviation Standards
July 10 2013 9:36 PM
FAA issued new pilot training standards Wednesday thanks to a tireless campaign from the Families of Continental Flight 3407.
- Soon, An Electronic Bag Tag To Accompany Your Luggage
June 28 2013 8:16 AM
People travelling by air could soon strike off one more annoying process from the hassle that modern-day air travel has become.
- How US Airlines Stack Up On In-Flight Wi-Fi
June 26 2013 5:46 AM
A new survey from Routehappy.com shows which U.S. airlines lead the way in terms of in-flight Wi-Fi capability.
- Why The US Should Thank Those 'Annoying' Tourists
June 25 2013 10:36 AM
The U.S. took in $129 billion in taxes - you read correctly - $129 billion - from revenue generated by the travel and tourism industry.
- Why Americans Are Still Unsatisfied With Airlines
June 19 2013 5:45 AM
Customer satisfaction with the airline industry is up, though it remains one of America's most reviled industries.
- US Sets Arrival Record, Thanks To These 15 Countries
June 11 2013 5:45 AM
Even with fewer European visitors, the U.S. set a record for overseas arrivals in 2012, thanks to travelers from Asia and Latin America.
- How Ancillary Fees Have Changed The Airline Industry
June 07 2013 5:35 AM
An increasing number of bag fees and upgrades helped global airlines attain an estimated $27.1 billion in ancillary revenue in 2012.
- NYC Is World’s Most Competitive City: Study
June 05 2013 4:14 AM
New York is the world’s most competitive city today and will remain that way in 2025, a Citigroup study says.
- No-Vacation Nation: Report Proves Americans Work Too Hard
May 28 2013 5:14 AM
The U.S. is the only nation in the developed world without federally mandated paid time off, a new report says.
- How Senate Immigration Bill May Affect Travel To And From US
May 23 2013 5:32 AM
Those who work in the U.S. travel industry hailed the Senate immigration reform bill as a decisive step toward facilitating U.S. travel.