- How Important Is Travel Spending To The US Economy?
May 08 2013 6:15 AM
Travel generated $2 trillion in economic output last year, but the U.S. needs to fix several self-imposed rules to regain its market share.
- EasyJet To Create Manmade Ash Cloud Over England, Then Fly Around It
May 07 2013 9:52 PM
When the next Icelandic volcano tosses ash into the sky, EasyJet hopes to have the technology in place to prevent the closure of air space.
- Best (And Worst) Jobs In Travel, Tourism And Hospitality
April 24 2013 5:41 AM
Considering a career as a flight attendant? Think again. The profession ranked as one of the worst jobs in 2013.
- Lufthansa Strike To Cause ‘Massive’ Cancellations
April 21 2013 9:09 PM
A strike by the ver.di trade union has forced German airline Lufthansa to cancel 1,720 flights Monday.
- Redrawing The Global Air Travel Map
April 12 2013 6:49 AM
Legacy airlines may need to make radical changes to their networks if they want to remain viable in the coming years.
- Is Now The Time To Buy That Vacation Home?
April 03 2013 5:09 AM
Growing demand, limited inventory and a strong stock market have helped vacation rental sales surge across the United States.
- Are Hidden Fees A Form Of Free Speech?
April 02 2013 4:52 AM
The Supreme Court rejected Spirit Airlines' claims that a rule forcing the carrier to show the total price of airfare was a violation of free speech.
- Need More Paid Time Off? Live In One Of These Nations
March 27 2013 5:49 AM
If you’re looking for paid time off, one thing is certain: You don’t want to live in Asia or North America.
- Tablets At Takeoff? FAA May Relax Rules By Year’s End
March 26 2013 5:53 AM
Why can't you use tablets on a plane during takeoff/landing? According to an FAA source, the reason is unclear and the rule is changing.
- 8 Things To Know Before You Book A Flight
March 21 2013 6:07 AM
Popular travel booking site Kayak thinks it has the answers to some of travelers' biggest questions (like when to book a cheap flight).
- Washington To TSA: Knives On Planes Not Such A Sharp Idea
March 19 2013 6:06 AM
TSA is no stranger to controversy, but its new policy allowing small knives on planes may be its most hotly contested decision to date.
- Most Competitive Countries For Travel And Tourism
March 14 2013 12:59 PM
The World Economic Forum released its biannual list of travel and tourism competitiveness by nation. Here's a look at who came out on top.
- Now You Can Buy Your Car At 38,000 Feet
March 12 2013 11:07 PM
Beginning next month, flight attendants on China's Spring Airlines will not only hand you peanuts and a soda, they'll sell you a new car.
- After Chavez, Will Tourists Finally Visit Venezuela?
March 11 2013 9:31 PM
Venezuela is one of the least visited nations in the Americas, but could Hugo Chavez's death be good news for the country's tourism industry?
- Japanese, Aussies Live In World’s Costliest Cities
February 05 2013 2:38 PM
The EIU just released its 2013 list of the world's most expensive cities and, while no U.S. city cracked the top 20, Caracas made the top 10.
- Why The US TSA’s Canine Unit Is In The Doghouse
February 01 2013 2:13 PM
TSA officers are used to criticism, but a new report released Thursday by the GAO takes aim at the agency's dogs.
- Flight Delayed? Now You Can Sue The Airline For Compensation
January 31 2013 3:27 PM
Two landmark rulings this week have opened the floodgates for any traveler seeking compensation for flight delays.
- Where Global Travel Is Booming (And Where It’s Lagging)
January 29 2013 1:23 PM
Unwto issued its latest World Tourism Barometer on Monday, outlining which regions saw the greatest growth in 2012, and what to expect in 2013.
- Will ‘Smart Visas’ Change The Way We Travel?
January 24 2013 2:56 PM
The leaders of the Hilton and Marriott hotel chains used the 2013 World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, to promote “smart visas.”
- Is American Airlines’ New Look ‘Lipstick On A Pig’?
January 17 2013 3:18 PM
American Airlines has revamped its logo and look, but does it change anything for the beleaguered carrier?