- One Year After Costa Concordia Tragedy, Is Cruise Industry Safer?
January 11 2013 4:59 PM
As the first anniversary of the Costa Concordia disaster approaches, there are signs the cruise industry is ready to make changes.
- The World’s Safest Airlines
January 10 2013 12:11 PM
The Germany-based Jet Airliner Crash Data Evaluation Center, or Jacdec, just released its annual list of the world’s safest airlines in 2012.
- Jobs Report: Travel Industry Adds 81,000 Jobs in 2012
January 07 2013 1:46 PM
The travel sector was one of the few surprises on the otherwise predictable Labor Department report on December employment.
- 2012 - Global Air Travel's Safest Year Since 1945
January 07 2013 12:05 PM
Anyone with a fear of flying should consider this: 2012 was the safest year for global air travel since the dawn of the jet age in 1945.
- Rudest Airline Employees Work For These Carriers
January 03 2013 2:00 PM
America's "legacy" carriers have the rudest employees in the industry, according to a recent survey from Airfarewatchdog.com.
- Is Las Vegas Now ‘The Macau of America?'
January 02 2013 7:24 PM
For further proof the enclave has eclipsed Vegas: Its gambling revenue hit a record $38 billion in 2012.
- World’s Longest High-Speed Rail Line - 1,428 Miles - Opens In China
December 26 2012 12:28 PM
China unveiled the world’s longest high-speed rail line Wednesday, the latest milestone in the nation’s rapid high-speed network.
- Working The Holidays? You’re Not Alone
December 19 2012 11:53 AM
Just 38 percent of full-time employees in the U.S. plan to take off work on Dec. 24 for Christmas Eve, while only 28 percent plan to take off Dec. 31 for New Year’s Eve.
- Cruise Ships Become Pawns In Falkland Islands Dispute
December 14 2012 4:33 PM
The 30th anniversary of the Falkland Islands War made news this year, but little has been said about how cruise ships have been used as pawns.
- Airline Profits To Fly Higher Than Expected In 2012
December 13 2012 12:10 PM
The global airline industry will fly higher than expected in 2012, with the latest forecast showing profits considerably larger than previous estimates.
- Climate Change Has Cost Ski Industry $1B Already
December 06 2012 4:33 PM
A new report from the NRDC suggests that the U.S. winter tourism industry has experienced a $1 billion loss over the last decade due to climate change.
- Need A Job? Try The Travel Industry
December 05 2012 8:12 AM
Are you out of work and looking for a job? The travel industry is hiring.
- Seeking An End To HIV Travel Restrictions
November 30 2012 3:15 PM
CEOs from over 40 international companies urged nations around the world to end HIV-based travel restrictions.
- Can Fastjet Transform African Air Travel?
November 29 2012 12:41 PM
When the first Fastjet flight took off Thursday from its base in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, it ushered in a new age of budget travel for Sub-Saharan Africa. But can it last?
- ‘Floating’ Train Unveiled In Japan
November 26 2012 1:43 PM
Last Thursday, onlookers in Japan got to preview the future of global rail travel: a "floating" train designed to operate at speeds of more than 310 mph.
- American Airlines’ On-Time Rate: 58 Percent
November 09 2012 2:23 PM
If you flew American Airlines in September, perhaps you already know this: Just 58 percent of the carrier’s flights were on time.
- Why Obama’s Victory Is Good For Tourism
November 08 2012 6:12 PM
Many have hailed the re-election of Barack Obama as a boon to the nation’s rebounding travel and tourism industry.
- These Global Travel Trends Will Define 2013
November 05 2012 6:26 PM
The glitter of Nollywood, the allure of forbidden lands and heaps of shopping by the nouveaux riche are in the forecast for travelers in the coming years, according to Euromonitor.
- Are You Ready For The Chinese Travel Boom?
October 27 2012 1:10 PM
For centuries, those in the East have scrambled to accommodate the needs of those in the West, but, in the next decade, things will change.
- Why The World’s Longest Flights Keep Getting Canceled (For Good)
October 25 2012 2:47 PM
Following a recent trend, Singapore Airlines will cancel the world's longest flights.