- 'Are We Almost There?' Is It The End Of The Great American Road Trip?
July 28 2012 1:24 PM
Some blame oil. Others blame a loss of pleasure in the roads. Researchers call it “peak travel.” Whatever the reason, one thing's clear: Americans are not driving their cars as far away from home as they used to.
- Facebook IPO Jinx Falls: Palo Alto, Kayak Soar
July 20 2012 12:00 PM
Two months after the trading fiasco in the initial public offering of Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, tech IPOs are soaring again. Palo Alto Networks (Nasdaq: PANW) and Kayak Software (Nasdaq: KYAK) shares soared in their IPOs.
- SS Coachella Cruise Ship To Blast Into The Caribbean
July 18 2012 11:17 AM
Introducing “S.S. Coachella,” a cruise ship concert the pairs sand and surf with sun and sound.
- Top 10 Tour Of Cambodia: The Best Beaches, Natural Escapes And Cultural Hotspots
July 17 2012 5:26 PM
Steeped in history -- both spectacular and sordid -- Cambodia is the perpetual comeback kid.
- Is It Safe To Travel To ____? 10 Taboo Destinations And Why You Should Visit Them
July 13 2012 1:57 PM
Is it safe to travel to Myanmar? Is it ethical to travel to Antarctica? Where can I go in the Middle East where I won't be shot dead on the street? Let's dispel some common fears and misconceptions.
- 48 Hours In London Just Ahead Of The Olympics
July 09 2012 3:22 PM
When the Olympic Games began in ancient Greece around 776 BC, London didn't exist. More than two millennia later, the city of nearly 8 million people is ready to host the 2012 Olympic Games.
- 10 Best Lakes In The US For Summer Vacation
July 05 2012 5:31 PM
Who needs to swim at a beach on the coast when you can frolic in some of the United States' most scenic countryside?
- The Best Beaches In Greece (And Why You Should Visit Them Now)
June 22 2012 4:21 PM
With prices at all-time lows, here's a look at some of the best beaches in Greece, where you can help out the Greek economy and get a bargain at the same time.
- France Summer Travel: Summer Loving, Adventures Await in Atlantic Coast, Cognac City
June 14 2012 6:11 AM
Not missing out on the much awaited family and away time this summer break could still be done whether in a tight budget or a splurge. The big break from the daily grind awaits you and your loved ones in Poitou-Charente, the south of France.
- Destination New Zealand: The Best Kept Secrets Of The North And South Islands
June 11 2012 11:39 AM
Computer-generated imagery may have enhanced New Zealand's already otherworldly peaks and valleys, but what you see in The Lord of the Rings films is the real deal and is certain to fill you with the giddiness of a hobbit.
- 10 Cities You?ve Never Heard Of That You?ll Want To Visit
June 08 2012 5:25 PM
Forget New York, Paris or Sydney. Take a closer look at the map, and you?ll find a whole host of overlooked cities just begging to be explored.
- D-Day Anniversary: Visiting The Normandy Beaches Today
June 05 2012 5:23 PM
Sixty-eight years after the D-Day invasion, the beaches of Normandy are now pilgrimage sites -- a treasure trove of history amidst a prosaic land.
- Diamond Jubilee Celebrations In London: The Event Guide
June 01 2012 1:35 PM
Got an extra long weekend to explore the British capital where Queen Elizabeth II will be celebrating her 60th year on the throne with a massive Diamond Jubilee party? Come explore London amid the royal hoopla.
- Post-Arab Spring Travel And Tourism In The Middle East: A Country-By-Country Look
June 01 2012 11:03 AM
It has been 18 months since the Arab Spring swept through the Middle East, and, while some nations have emerged with a renewed spirit, others have plunged into daily violence. Here's a country-by-country look at travel and tourism in the region as it stands now.
- Five Best Bangs For Your Buck Around The Globe
May 31 2012 9:35 AM
Surprisingly, the dollar isn't quite the disaster it has been for the last few vacation seasons. Here's a look at five countries where those holding greenbacks can save big.
- 48 Hours In Hatay, Turkey
May 23 2012 4:28 PM
Spend a couple of days exploring this fascinating subculture of Turkey and you will discover an area steeped in ancient history, hospitality and tolerance.
- Accor Sells Motel 6 To Blackstone For $1.9 Billion
May 22 2012 9:56 AM
French hotel giant Accor SA (Paris: AC) said Tuesday it will sell the underperforming Motel 6 U.S. budget hotel chain to asset manager Blackstone Group LP for $1.9 billion, as part of an effort to cut debt and shift focus from the U.S. to fast-growing emerging markets.
- Beyond Cannes Film Festival: Zooming Out On The Greater French Riviera
May 11 2012 12:07 PM
The revered Cannes Film Festival offers a menu of forthcoming cinematic delights, but it also reminds us of the glamor that awaits in the greater French Riviera.
- Mother-Daughter Weekend Getaways In The US
May 04 2012 5:15 PM
In honor of Mother?s Day in the US, here?s a look at five destinations across the nation for five different types of mother-daughter pairs.
- The 10 Best Airport Freebies
April 30 2012 9:53 AM
It doesn't take a specific type of traveler to appreciate complementary offerings like a free city tour, Wi-Fi, or a kids play area.