- Sumba Island Tour in Indonesia: Where Mock War Heralds Good Harvest (PHOTOS)
February 23 2012 4:12 AM
The island’s western province recently held the two-day traditional Pasola war festival in the remote village of Kodi Pangedo, where spectators gathered to watch highly skilled Sumbanese tribal men, in two groups, on horseback flinging spears at each other.
- ‘The Descendants’ Offers A Hawaii Less Traveled
February 22 2012 2:14 PM
2012 Oscar nominee The Descendants strips Hawaii of its exotic tropes and offers a glimpse of paradise rarely seen by tourists.
- Carnival Season around the World: Rio, Venice, Trinidad & More
February 14 2012 2:01 PM
The 2012 carnival season has arrived! From Venice to Rio, Tenerife to Trinidad, here's a preview of what to expect at the world's greatest carnivals.
- Camel Wrestling Festival in Selcuk, Turkey [PHOTOS]
January 18 2012 11:49 AM
While the Spanish have bullfights, the Italians cockfights, and the English go hunting with hounds, the Turks have camel wrestling.
- Classic American Road Trip: Following Lake Michigan
January 17 2012 5:27 PM
From the Riviera of the Midwest to the Most Beautiful Place in America, the left side of the Michigan mitten has no shortage of family action.
- The World’s Largest Cruise Ships: A look Inside [PHOTOS]
January 16 2012 5:23 PM
Several industry officials worry that the sinking cruise ship Costa Concordia, the biggest of the Costa Crociere fleet, will slow the growth of super cruisers in favor of smaller vessels where managing passengers on board is simpler.
- Costa Cruises: Italy Ship Captain Arrested on Suspicion of Multiple Manslaughter, Report
January 14 2012 4:52 PM
Police on Saturday said that the captain of the Costa Cruises Italian cruise liner, which ran aground off Italy, has been arrested on suspicion of multiple manslaughter charges, as well as being charged with causing a shipwreck and abandoning ship, Reuters reported. Francesco Schettino, the captain of the 4,200-passenger luxury cruise ship Costa Concordia, was taken to a jail in the provincial capital Grosseto in order to await questioning by a magistrate
- Costa Concordia: Desperate Search for Survivors
January 14 2012 12:58 PM
Three people died in the disaster and about 70 remain unaccounted for.
- 20 Destinations for 2012: The Best Spots You’ve Never Heard of
January 13 2012 2:21 PM
Just when you thought you knew all the unknown destinations for travel in 2012, we remind you of the unknown unknowns…
- The Cultural Traveler’s 2012 Film Festival Calendar
January 13 2012 9:59 AM
With the Sundance Film Festival starting next Thursday and the Oscars not too far off, here's a look at some of the best film festivals across the globe.
- Killed with Kindness in Uzbekistan: A Traveler’s Tale
January 12 2012 5:09 PM
The Uzbeks were the kindest people John Salemme had ever met ... until they tried to kill him.
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolution Vacations
January 09 2012 9:08 AM
Wavering already? Not to worry, here are10 destinations to help keep those New Year's resolutions on track.
- ‘Lebanon Island’ at ‘The World’ Archipelago in Dubai Readying for Tourists (PHOTOS)
January 09 2012 5:43 AM
A part of The World, a man-made archipelago off the coast of Dubai, is reportedly ready to receive tourists. The island - supposedly Lebanon Island - has seen development activities recently.
- Virginia Wine Tourism to Boom in 2012
January 06 2012 5:18 PM
Virginia is the Old Dominion and the Mother of Presidents - a state known for its historic battlefields, rolling hills, and politically-minded Washington commuters. But in the last two decades, the state has grown a reputation for something altogether different: fine wine.
- Where to Travel in January: The World’s Best Festivals, Concerts & Celebrations
January 05 2012 12:38 PM
How will you start the New Year?
- Ever-Evolving Ice Castles in Colorado Enchant Tourists (PHOTOS)
January 04 2012 8:53 AM
Ice Castles created with icicles and ever-evolving ice formations at Silverthrone in Colorado have been attracting lots of visitors.
- 8 Reasons Montréal is Better in the Winter
January 03 2012 4:08 PM
At first shiver, visiting Montréal out of season may seem crazy, but cast your fears aside and you'll find this French Canadian hub really heats up in the dark days of winter.
- New Year's Tears for Auld Lang Syne: A Traveler's Tale
December 29 2011 5:18 PM
For John Salemme, the mention of Egypt brings to my mind one thing: a lonely, tearful train ride on New Year’s Eve.
- Top 10 Travel Destinations for 2012
December 28 2011 1:50 PM
Around this time of year, wanderlust travelers raise a Champagne glass and spin the globe in search of the next great destination for the coming year. What will be the top destinations in 2012? Have a look:
- China Gears up for Harbin Ice and Snow World Festival 2012 (PHOTOS)
December 26 2011 7:52 AM
The Harbin International Ice and Snow Festival will be officially launched on Jan. 5. However, tourists have already begun flocking to visit the sculptures.