- Is Social Media Rousing Travelers Out of Their Armchairs?
March 21 2012 9:51 AM
Travel, that most social of pursuits, has always been wise to the Web. But reaping quantifiable rewards from the social web is proving as elusive for travel brands and booking engines as it is for most other industry sectors.
- Spring Break 2012: Top Family Destinations
March 15 2012 9:34 AM
Whether you're sun-lovers, culture-seekers, or budget hounds, one of these family-oriented spring break destinations for 2012 is sure to fit the bill.
- Road Trip USA: Kentucky’s Bluegrass & Bourbon Trail
March 13 2012 2:14 PM
Winding along country roads exploring historic bourbon distilleries and listening to the sounds of the rolling hills, Kentucky's Bluegrass Country will overwhelm you with its gentle, honest charm.
- Slab City, California: The Edge of Reality [PHOTOS]
March 07 2012 1:23 PM
Somewhere on the edge of reality lies Slab City, a free RV oasis just east of the Salton Sea in the Colorado Desert of southeastern California.
- SXSW 2012: Experiencing Austin Through the Festival Events
March 06 2012 11:14 PM
Check out these 10 events at SXSW 2012 that spotlight the great city of Austin, Texas.
- Exploring Montego Bay, Jamaica’s Resorts & Attractions
March 05 2012 11:32 AM
All-inclusive resorts, dazzling azure waters, hilltop golf courses, voodoo mysteries, fire-breathing jerks, and kissing dolphins... all of this awaits in Jamaica's Montego Bay.
- Hope for Azamina: A Traveler’s View of Sarajevo
March 02 2012 11:38 AM
John Salemme explores Sarajevo 20 years after the start of the Bosnian War.
- Sumba Island Tour in Indonesia: Where Mock War Heralds Good Harvest (PHOTOS)
February 23 2012 4:12 AM
The island’s western province recently held the two-day traditional Pasola war festival in the remote village of Kodi Pangedo, where spectators gathered to watch highly skilled Sumbanese tribal men, in two groups, on horseback flinging spears at each other.
- ‘The Descendants’ Offers A Hawaii Less Traveled
February 22 2012 2:14 PM
2012 Oscar nominee The Descendants strips Hawaii of its exotic tropes and offers a glimpse of paradise rarely seen by tourists.
- Carnival Season around the World: Rio, Venice, Trinidad & More
February 14 2012 2:01 PM
The 2012 carnival season has arrived! From Venice to Rio, Tenerife to Trinidad, here's a preview of what to expect at the world's greatest carnivals.
- Camel Wrestling Festival in Selcuk, Turkey [PHOTOS]
January 18 2012 11:49 AM
While the Spanish have bullfights, the Italians cockfights, and the English go hunting with hounds, the Turks have camel wrestling.
- Classic American Road Trip: Following Lake Michigan
January 17 2012 5:27 PM
From the Riviera of the Midwest to the Most Beautiful Place in America, the left side of the Michigan mitten has no shortage of family action.
- The World’s Largest Cruise Ships: A look Inside [PHOTOS]
January 16 2012 5:23 PM
Several industry officials worry that the sinking cruise ship Costa Concordia, the biggest of the Costa Crociere fleet, will slow the growth of super cruisers in favor of smaller vessels where managing passengers on board is simpler.
- Costa Cruises: Italy Ship Captain Arrested on Suspicion of Multiple Manslaughter, Report
January 14 2012 4:52 PM
Police on Saturday said that the captain of the Costa Cruises Italian cruise liner, which ran aground off Italy, has been arrested on suspicion of multiple manslaughter charges, as well as being charged with causing a shipwreck and abandoning ship, Reuters reported. Francesco Schettino, the captain of the 4,200-passenger luxury cruise ship Costa Concordia, was taken to a jail in the provincial capital Grosseto in order to await questioning by a magistrate
- Costa Concordia: Desperate Search for Survivors
January 14 2012 12:58 PM
Three people died in the disaster and about 70 remain unaccounted for.
- 20 Destinations for 2012: The Best Spots You’ve Never Heard of
January 13 2012 2:21 PM
Just when you thought you knew all the unknown destinations for travel in 2012, we remind you of the unknown unknowns…
- The Cultural Traveler’s 2012 Film Festival Calendar
January 13 2012 9:59 AM
With the Sundance Film Festival starting next Thursday and the Oscars not too far off, here's a look at some of the best film festivals across the globe.
- Killed with Kindness in Uzbekistan: A Traveler’s Tale
January 12 2012 5:09 PM
The Uzbeks were the kindest people John Salemme had ever met ... until they tried to kill him.
- Top 10 New Year’s Resolution Vacations
January 09 2012 9:08 AM
Wavering already? Not to worry, here are10 destinations to help keep those New Year's resolutions on track.
- ‘Lebanon Island’ at ‘The World’ Archipelago in Dubai Readying for Tourists (PHOTOS)
January 09 2012 5:43 AM
A part of The World, a man-made archipelago off the coast of Dubai, is reportedly ready to receive tourists. The island - supposedly Lebanon Island - has seen development activities recently.