- Can You Sue The Weatherman? Belgian Tourism Officials Hope So
July 09 2012 2:23 PM
Can you sue the weatherman if he gets his forecast wrong? That?s the plan Belgian tourism officials have in mind.
- China: Tibet Theme Park Will Promote Harmony
July 09 2012 12:23 PM
Chinese authorities hope that a new $4.7 billion theme park will promote ethnic harmony and attract an additional 5 million tourists each year to the Tibet Autonomous Region, the Chinese name for Central Tibet.
- Kashmir To Tourists: Follow Dress Code Or Go Home
July 05 2012 12:47 PM
Kashmir's Jamaat-e-Islami religious group has issued a strict dress code that it hopes to impose on all incoming tourists. Local officials, however, fear it will hamper the region's efforts to promote itself as a safe and welcoming destination.
- 4th of July: America Dates History With 500-Year-Old Map Discovery
July 05 2012 3:49 AM
Americans rejoicing the 4th of July celebrations had a rare date with history when researchers in Germany unearthed a rare 16th century map produced by master cartographer Martin Waldseemueller.
- Takeru Kobayashi Vs. Joey Chestnut: The Big Fat Hot Dog Fight
July 04 2012 3:31 PM
At the Fourth of July Nathan's International Hot Dog-Eating Contest in Coney Island, New York, Joey Chestnut scarfed down 68 hot dogs to win the 2012 title. But across town, his competitive eating rival Takeru Kobayashi ate 68.5 at the Crif Dog Classic.
- Coney Island Hot Dog-Eating Contest Preview: History, Records & Where To Watch
July 04 2012 9:09 AM
On Wednesday, nearly 30 gluttonous competitors from across North America will compete in the 97th annual Nathan?s Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog-Eating Contest in Coney Island, Brooklyn. Here's a look at the history, records to beat and where to watch the action.
- ?Fifty Shades of Grey? Getaways: How To Live Out Your Anastasia Steele Fantasies
July 03 2012 4:16 PM
The mega-popular Fifty Shades of Grey has spawned a movie, erotic seminars, merchandise, fake holidays, and now, getaways.
- Beyond Tupac: New Airport Holograms Assist Passengers
July 02 2012 2:01 PM
When ?Tupac? dazzled audiences at the Coachella music festival earlier this year, it heralded the mainstream arrival of the hologram. Now, so-called virtual assistants are popping up at airports across the globe.
- Gay Cruise: Morocco Denied Entry, Spoiled Historic Trip to Muslim Country
July 02 2012 11:20 AM
A Holland America cruise ship with more than 1,500 gay travelers was turned away from a port in Morocco over the weekend in what was to be a historic trip to a Muslim country.
- Church Of The Nativity In Bethlehem: Palestinians Get Their First UNESCO World Heritage Site Amid Controversy
June 29 2012 10:35 AM
The Palestinians' bid for a UNESCO World Heritage site proved successful Friday as committee members voted to put the Church of Nativity in Bethlehem on its renowned list.
- UN Puts Fabled City Of Timbuktu On Endangered Sites List Amid Conflict In Mali
June 29 2012 6:00 AM
The United Nations cultural agency has added the legendary city of Timbuktu to a list of historically significant sites in danger as rebel factions skirmish in northern Mali.
- Glamping: How To Set Up Your Luxury Camping Experience [PHOTO]
June 28 2012 5:27 PM
Want to experience nature but are put off by the thought of pitching your own tent and have some money? A new craze called glamping - a portmanteau of glamour and camping - might be for you.
- Pratariccia: Tuscan Town Available On eBay, Price ?Negotiable?
June 28 2012 4:47 PM
Fancy buying a Tuscan ghost town? The medieval village of Pratariccia is now on sale in the unlikeliest of places: eBay. The price: $3 million.
- Under Mohamed Morsi, Will Egypt?s Tourism Industry Conform To Islamic Law?
June 28 2012 12:41 PM
Under Islamic president-elect Mohamed Morsi's government, many in Egypt's beleaguered tourism industry are dreading bans on everything from alcohol to modern art to bikinis.
- Fourth Of July 2012: Where?s Everyone Going This Year?
June 27 2012 3:42 PM
The most popular Fourth of July destinations for 2012 are ...
- London 2012 Olympics May Actually Hurt UK Tourism Industry: Here?s Why
June 27 2012 8:43 AM
With the official start date of the London 2012 Olympics now just one month away, some Londoners are questioning whether the Games are worth all the trouble ? and they?ve good reason for concern.
- Shanghai Metro To Riders: Don?t Dress Too Sexy
June 26 2012 10:48 AM
Dress too sexy and you?ll get harassed. That?s the message the Shanghai Metro told its riders last week on the popular Twitter-like micro-blogging site Weibo.
- Colorado Wildfires Threaten Summer Tourism
June 25 2012 4:53 PM
Blazing wildfires have the tourist-dependent communities of northern and central Colorado on edge as dramatic images of flaming vacation homes permeate the evening news.
- Sears Vacations? Department Store Now Sells Travel ... On Layaway
June 21 2012 4:23 PM
The name Sears may bring to mind kitchen appliances or lawn and garden supplies, but now the retail chain is dipping its toes into a new venture: your vacations.
- Lanai, Hawaii: The Island Of Billionaires, Pineapples And Tourists
June 21 2012 1:30 PM
Lanai, Hawaii, was once known as the pineapple capital of the world. Then the pineapple plantations became four-star resorts. What's next? That's up to the new owner: American billionaire Larry Ellison.