- Route 66 Still Holds Allure For Travelers, Industry
June 21 2012 8:59 AM
Route 66 hasn't been a real highway for almost three decades, but its hold on travelers' imaginations has revived motels, diners, souvenir shops, gas stations and other buildings along the iconic American byway.
- JetBlue Flight Bound For New York Circles Las Vegas For Five Hours Due To Mechanical Malfunction
June 20 2012 11:31 AM
A mechanical failure on a JetBlue airliner forced 135 passengers aboard a Las Vegas to New York flight to endure several hours of terror, prompting the Federal Aviation Administration to launch a full investigation into the incident.
- Will Pixar?s ?Brave? Entice Tourists To Visit Scotland?
June 19 2012 11:43 AM
Scotland's national tourism body, VisitScotland, is thinking Brave, spending $11 million to promote tourism alongside the new Disney Pixar film.
- Niagara Falls Tightrope Walk A Hit For ABC, Regional Tourism
June 18 2012 5:29 PM
Nik Wallenda?s tightrope walk across Niagara Falls did exactly what both ABC and the towns of Niagara Falls, N.Y., and Niagara Falls, Ont. hoped it would: attract hordes of spectators.
- Los Cabos, Mexico, Hopes To Capitalize On G-20 Exposure
June 18 2012 4:04 PM
The first thing thousands of international delegates headed to the G-20 summit will likely see as they land in Los Cabos, Mexico, this week will be the spiny bush-clad hills and azure waters that typify southern Baja California.
- Drink Alcohol On Vacation? Don?t Expect Travel Insurance To Cover Any Claims
June 18 2012 2:35 PM
Don?t count on your travel insurance company to fork over the bill if you have an accident abroad while under the influence of alcohol or nonprescription drugs.
- Hotel Rooms? Dirtiest Spots Uncovered
June 18 2012 12:02 PM
You might want to pack a bottle of hand sanitizer the next time you turn on the lights and TV on a trip away from home. A new study reveals that light switches and TV remote controls are the dirtiest surfaces in a hotel room.
- ?Terra Sacra Time Lapses? Video Spans 6 Years On 7 Continents And 24 Countries
June 15 2012 5:17 PM
Sean F. White's video Terra Sacra Time Lapses offers a mesmerizing glimpse of life on all seven continents.
- A Greek Tragedy: Why Not Visiting Greece Makes Things Worse
June 15 2012 1:24 PM
A trip to Greece in the coming weeks may feel like an intrusion -- a sojourn into a land of private grief and public fury. But not visiting only makes things worse.
- Survey Names America?s Least-Hated Airline
June 14 2012 5:29 PM
Low-cost airlines in North America continue to outdo their traditional counterparts in passenger satisfaction, though overall airline satisfaction has declined over the past two years.
- Most Affordable - And Most Expensive - Cities For A Night Out
June 14 2012 3:31 PM
TripAdvisor just released its 2012 TripIndex of the most affordable -- and most expensive -- popular tourist cities around the globe.
- Tibet Tourism Grows, Despite Ban On Foreigners
June 14 2012 3:03 PM
Though foreigners are now banned from traveling to the Tibet Autonomous Region, the Chinese name for Central Tibet, the Himalayan hinterland has experienced a boom in tourism thanks to Chinese visitors.
- ?Potential Violence? In Mexico After Cartel Arrests: US State Department Travel Warning
June 14 2012 11:06 AM
American travelers headed to Mexico should be forewarned of possible violent retaliation for this week?s arrest of seven alleged Zetas drug cartel members, according to a new travel warning issued by the U.S. State Department.
- Greece?s Tourism Woes Continue As Tour Operators Slash Prices
June 12 2012 3:12 PM
Tour operators are offering steep discounts to Greece amid speculation about a Greek euro exit and fears of ensuing social unrest.
- Cheaper Gas + Shaky Economy = Gulf Coast Recovery
June 08 2012 1:26 PM
As a weakening economic recovery and cheap gas lead Americans to curtail international vacations, domestic tourism is poised for a solid summer.
- China: Tibet Closed To Foreign Tourists
June 07 2012 5:07 PM
Several travel agencies in China are reporting that foreigners have been banned from traveling to the Tibet Autonomous Region, the Chinese name for Central Tibet.
- ?Dinner In The Sky? Takes Gourmet Dining To New Heights
June 07 2012 3:34 PM
Joining a growing trend for extreme dining -- from supper in the dark to eating in the jungle -- Dinner in the Sky takes the concept to, well, new heights, with a select group of guests sitting around a table suspended 160 feet in the air.
- Vampire Tourism? Skeletons In Bulgaria Boost Visitor Interest
June 07 2012 2:48 PM
The discovery of ?vampire? skeletons in the Black Sea town of Sozopol made headlines across the globe and now the local Bulgarian media reports that tourism officials believe the frenzy can pump more blood into the nation?s growing tourism industry.
- Space Shuttle Enterprise Docks At New York?s Intrepid Museum: How & When You Can See It
June 07 2012 12:59 PM
Space shuttle Enterprise took its final journey Wednesday to its retirement home on a floating museum off the western edge of New York City and you can check it out in person in just over a month's time.
- Hurricane Season Travel Tips: When To Vacation & How To Prepare
June 07 2012 10:19 AM
What will the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season be like? When are hurricanes most likely to hit the Southeast? The Caribbean? Can I get a refund if my vacation is a washout?