- Scoot Airlines Tackles Asia?s Crowded Discount Market, iPads In Tow
June 05 2012 4:33 PM
Asia?s newest long-haul budget carrier Scoot took off on its maiden flight from Singapore to Sydney Monday, using a novel approach to saving fuel: iPads.
- Hawaiian Airlines Moves East With Nonstop NYC-Honolulu Flights
June 04 2012 12:56 PM
On Monday, Hawaiian Airlines will fly into its first major market on the East Coast, New York City, expanding its reach across the United States.
- Dana Air Crash Highlights Air Safety Concerns In Nigeria
June 04 2012 11:29 AM
When a Dana Air plane crashed in Lagos, Nigeria on Sunday, it aroused concerns that, despite improvements made over the last five years, there are still major safety issues in the nation?s aviation industry.
- ?I Love NY? To Lose Its Heart For New Tourism Campaign
June 01 2012 12:43 PM
Governor Andrew Cuomo just broke New York?s heart. Literally. He got rid of it. In a move some New Yorkers are calling ?heartless,? he?s replaced the iconic logo I Love NY with ?I [fill in the blank] NY.?
- Post-Arab Spring Travel And Tourism In The Middle East: A Country-By-Country Look
June 01 2012 11:03 AM
It has been 18 months since the Arab Spring swept through the Middle East, and, while some nations have emerged with a renewed spirit, others have plunged into daily violence. Here's a country-by-country look at travel and tourism in the region as it stands now.
- Japanese City Hopes ?World?s Largest Toilet? Will Lure Tourists
May 31 2012 1:11 PM
A new public restroom would hardly be news in Japan if it wasn?t billed as the world's largest toilet.
- Sonia Gil Takes Viewers Back To The Heart Of What Traveling Is All About With 'Sonia's Travels'
May 31 2012 12:12 PM
While the world of food and travel has become somewhat of a visual phenomenon, Sonia Gil is showing viewers that world from a different perspective.
- Gaylord To Sell Hotel Brand To Marriott For $210M
May 31 2012 11:14 AM
Marriott International Inc., the largest publicly traded U.S. hotel operator, plans to acquire Gaylord Entertainment Co.?s namesake hotel brand and management company, for $210 million.
- 3-Year-Old Kicked Off Flight: Pilot Turns Back After Moving 50-Feet
May 30 2012 2:22 PM
An antsy 3-year-old boy was kicked off an Alaska Airlines flight, after refusing to put no his seatbelt and causing a scene, the Associated Press reported.
- Why Spirit Is The Worst Airline In America, Or My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Flight
May 30 2012 2:17 PM
I will never, ever, ever fly on Spirit Airlines (Nasdaq: SAVE) again. In the past 24 hours, I have experienced the worst flying experience of my life. Over the course of almost seven hours of absolutely unacceptable delays, I was lied to, witnessed mothers struggling to care for their children, saw elderly people lose access to their medication.
- Anthony Bourdain Travels To CNN
May 29 2012 2:46 PM
Anthony Bourdain is traveling to an unlikely destination, surfing across the airwaves to CNN.
- Puerto Rico Bets On American Tourists To Repay Debt
May 29 2012 1:43 PM
Americans have long been in love with Puerto Rico's high-yielding municipal bonds. Now the Caribbean island hopes they will flock to its sand, surf and spanking new resorts to help pay off massive debts.
- Air Canada Emergency Landing Is One Of 3 Forced Landings In 24 Hours [REPORT]
May 28 2012 8:01 PM
An Air Canada jet heading toward Japan was forced to make an emergency landing on Monday when an engine shut down after taking off from Pearson International Airport. The jet landed safely in Toronto.
- China To Top US As No. 1 Business Travel Destination: Report
May 23 2012 2:04 PM
According to a new report from the Global Business Travel Association, 12- to 15-hour flights to China may soon become the norm for U.S. and European business travelers.
- Memorial Day Weekend 2012: Money-Saving Travel Tips For Your 3-Day Getaway
May 22 2012 2:08 PM
AAA projects 34.8 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home during the 2012 Memorial Day holiday weekend, but most are still concerned about their budget.
- Tokyo Skytree: World?s Tallest Tower Opens In Japan [PHOTOS]
May 22 2012 10:38 AM
The 2,080-foot Tokyo Skytree, the world's tallest freestanding tower, opened to the public on Tuesday.
- Travel & Tourism Industry Driving Economic Recovery In The Americas: Report
May 21 2012 3:54 PM
The WTTC argues that travel and tourism?s contribution to GDP is faster than most other sectors in the Americas and will grow by 3.6 percent over the next 10 years, a much faster rate than mining (1.5 percent), education (2 percent), chemicals (2.5 percent) and financial services (3.4 percent).
- Mount Everest ?Death Zone? Claims Four In Deadly Weekend
May 21 2012 2:31 PM
Four climbers were pronounced dead while returning from the summit of Mount Everest over the weekend, Nepali officials said. At least one other remains missing after a windstorm swept through the mountain on Saturday.
- 2012 London Olympics: It?s Not Too Late To Find A Place To Sleep In London
May 17 2012 4:10 PM
London will burst at the seams this summer as the world converges for the 2012 Olympic Games, but it's not too late to find a place to sleep in the British capital.
- Virgin Atlantic Clears Cell Phone Usage For Takeoff, But It Will Cost You
May 16 2012 1:26 PM
If the Sir Richard Branson ice cubes aren't enough, Virgin Atlantic is giving travelers another reason to choose their airline - cell phone use has been cleared for takeoff by the company. The downfall? It will cost you.