- London Orbit Tower: Olympic-Sized Eyesore Or The Next Eiffel Tower?
May 15 2012 11:21 AM
It?s big, red, and shiny, and it?s meant to add a touch of modernity to the London skyline, but many see Anish Kapoor?s Orbit Tower as an Olympic-sized eyesore.
- China-Philippines South China Sea Dispute Hurting Philippines? Tourism Industry
May 14 2012 12:50 PM
The China-Philippines South China Sea dispute may have a devastating effect on the Philippines? vital tourism industry after China issued a travel warning last week.
- ADay.org Wants Your Help To Send A Message To The Future
May 14 2012 11:31 AM
Swedish organization ADay.org asks people across the globe to pick up a camera on May 15, 2012 and participate in the world's largest and most comprehensive photographic documentation of a single day in human history.
- Princess Cruises Sued By Panama Castaway Over Rescue Failure
May 14 2012 10:20 AM
Panamanian fisherman Adrian Vazquez has sued Princess Cruises for failing to rescue him and his now-deceased companions after a ship passed by when they were stranded at sea.
- NC Gay Marriage Amendment To Affect Tourism Numbers?
May 11 2012 1:58 PM
Somewhere amid all the anger and glee of Obama's same-sex marriage comments, the Visit North Carolina Facebook page found itself the soap box for anyone and everyone with a message.
- The ?Inappropriate? Chinese Holiday Village in Wales
May 10 2012 10:23 AM
It was to be the first purpose-built retreat center for inhabitants of the world?s largest country, but plans for the £50m ($80m) Chinese holiday village in Wales were dealt a blow recently after inspectors deemed the design ?inappropriate.?
- Sukhoi SuperJet 100 Vanishes Over Indonesia Carrying Russia?s Aviation Hopes
May 09 2012 12:28 PM
A Russian Sukhoi SuperJet 100 vanished over Indonesia on Wednesday during a demo flight meant to promote Russia's first newly-designed passenger jet since the Soviet collapse.
- Bomb Threat Phone Call Halts Two Southwest Airline Flights In Phoenix, Orange Country
May 09 2012 6:01 AM
Flights with ties to Phoenix and Orange Country were halted Tuesday night following an anonymous threatening phone call by an ?outside agency,? local authorities said, according to the Associated Press.
- AAirpass: American Airlines Vs. The Passengers Who Flew Too Much
May 08 2012 1:24 PM
American Airlines began the lifetime all-you-can-fly AAirpass program in the 1980s to earn cash on the quick, but several customers quickly got much more in return.
- Marilyn Monroe Statue Dismantled: Chicago Says Goodbye to Norma Jean [PHOTOS]
May 08 2012 11:05 AM
After a year on Chicago?s Magnificent Mile, Marilyn Monroe is headed west -- one piece at a time.
- Celebrating Buddha?s Birthday Around the World [PHOTOS]
May 07 2012 3:12 PM
Regarded as the most significant day in the Buddhist calendar, worshipers gather on Vesak Day to perform various meritorious acts to recollect the purity, wisdom, and compassion of the Buddha.
- Disposable Barbecue Left In Tent Poisons British Teenager
May 07 2012 1:46 PM
British teenager Hannah Thomas-Jones died on Sunday after apparently breathing in fumes from a disposable barbecue left inside her tent at a campsite in central England.
- PlanetSolar Catamaran First To Circle Globe Using Solar Energy
May 07 2012 11:53 AM
The PlanetSolar catamaran became the first vehicle to circumnavigate the globe using solar energy on Friday when it pulled into Monaco after 19 months at sea.
- High-End Hainan Island Tourism Projects Highlight China?s Wealth Gap
May 07 2012 9:57 AM
A central government plan to create a high end tourist industry on the tropical Hainan island has delivered a much-anticipated surge in economic growth, but it has also widened the wealth gap between rich and poor that Beijing was trying to close.
- Dark Tourism: Understanding The Attraction Of Death And Disaster
May 05 2012 12:56 PM
Why do tourists flock to sites of great atrocity? That?s the question at the heart of the Institute for Dark Tourism Research, a new academic center at the U.K.'s University of Central Lancashire.
- What is Cinco de Mayo? The Mexican Battle That Became an American Fiesta
May 04 2012 9:34 AM
Sure, it?s a tequila shot for the hospitality and tourism industry, but what is the history of Cinco de Mayo?
- Spirit Airlines Carry-On Luggage Fees To Cost Up To $100
May 03 2012 2:11 PM
Beginning in November, Spirit Airlines passengers who wait to pay for their carry-on luggage until they arrive at the gate may get sticker shock in the form of a $100 fee ? each way.
- 'Kiwi Jersey Shore' Show 'The GC' May Scare Off Gold Coast Visitors, Tourism Chief Says [VIDEO]
May 03 2012 11:40 AM
The GC, also known as the Kiwi Jersey Shore, a show that follows Maori Aussies in their adventures on Australia's Gold Coast, not only is getting bad reviews but has the Gold Coast's tourism chief afraid the ripped and attractive cast's antics will keep tourists away.
- Nik Wallenda?s Niagara Falls Tightrope Walk Set for June 15
May 02 2012 1:13 PM
Tightrope walker Nik Wallenda announced on Wednesday that he would attempt to cross the famed Niagara Falls on June 15.
- Webby Awards 2012: The Winners For Travel And Tourism Are ?
May 02 2012 11:22 AM
The winners of the 2012 Webby Awards were announced on Monday and Kayak took top honors in the travel categories.