- Webby Awards 2012: The Winners For Travel And Tourism Are ?
May 02 2012 11:22 AM
The winners of the 2012 Webby Awards were announced on Monday and Kayak took top honors in the travel categories.
- Kentucky Derby 2012: Louisville Celebrates Beyond Churchill Downs
May 01 2012 10:21 AM
The Kentucky Derby -- with all its muscular thoroughbreds, flowery hats, and mint juleps -- put?s Louisville under a spotlight, but there's more to Derby City than Churchill Downs.
- Peru Pelican Deaths: How Did 600 Pelicans Die On The Beaches Of Northern Peru? [PHOTO]
May 01 2012 10:15 AM
Ornithologists in Peru are in investigating the death of an estimated 600 pelicans on the beaches of northern Peru, according to AFP. Peru's Oceanic Institute (IMARPE) said that, as of Sunday, they had found 538 dead pelicans and 54 dead Peruvian Boobies. They also found the carcasses of five sea lions that washed ashore and the decomposed remains of a turtle.
- Tourists Return To Tunisia After Year Of Turmoil
April 30 2012 10:07 AM
After a year of revolutionary turmoil that saw tourists flee the Mediterranean hotspot in droves, Tunisia hopes 2012 will mark the start of the recovery in a sector that used to account for almost 7 percent of gross domestic product and employs 500,000 people.
- Netherlands Weed Pass Upheld; Coffee Shop Owners To Fight Pot Ban On Tourists
April 27 2012 12:21 PM
A judge in the Netherlands has upheld the government's plan to introduce a weed pass that would ban foreign tourists from purchasing weed in Amsterdam and across the nation.
- Galaxy Spending $2 Billion for New Phase of Macau Resort
April 26 2012 3:47 PM
Macau casino operator Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd plans to invest HK$16 billion in the second phase of its latest resort in the world's largest gambling destination.
- Virgin Atlantic Offering Luxury Suites On Flights, Ranging In Price From $4,000 to $10,000 [PHOTOS]
April 25 2012 4:19 PM
At a time when many airlines are going bankrupt, tacking on high baggage fees and having massive layoffs and merging, Virgin Atlantic is not following the trends and is offering luxury suites ranging in price from $4,000 to $10,000.
- The Most Popular Seat On A Plane Is?
April 24 2012 4:51 PM
A new survey from flight comparison site Skyscanner shows what parts of the aircraft travelers prefer, including the most popular seat.
- MissTravel.com, Where Beautiful People Travel Free
April 24 2012 2:50 PM
Cue the controversy: On MissTravel.com, ?generous? people find travel companions and ?attractive? people travel anywhere for free.
- Why An American Airlines, US Airways Merger Could Mean Higher Fares
April 23 2012 2:45 PM
If American Airlines and US Airways merge, it could mean higher fares for travelers.
- Brand USA Launches America’s First Global Tourism Campaign [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
April 23 2012 12:46 PM
Introducing Brand USA, the United States' first-ever unified tourism campaign.
- White Killer Whale Spotted: Why Is The Orca White? [VIDEO]
April 23 2012 11:25 AM
Scientists have captured video of what they are saying is a white killer whale they spotted. Why is this orca white? The sighting took place while the researchers were on an expedition in waters off the eastern coast of Russia.
- Kazakhstan: 'Borat' Makes Benefit Glorious Nation With Tourism Boom
April 23 2012 11:01 AM
Kazakhstan’s Foreign Minister Yerzhan Kazykhanov thanked Borat for initiating a massive tourism boom.
- ‘One Day On Earth’ Debuts Worldwide, Offers Time Capsule Of Our Lives
April 21 2012 10:55 AM
Earth Day is this Sunday, and audiences in more than 160 countries across the globe will gather to screen director Kyle Ruddick's new documentary, One Day on Earth, which was shot in every country of the world on the same day.
- Princess Cruises Apologizes For Leaving Panamanian Fishermen Adrift
April 20 2012 5:13 PM
Princess Cruises said there was a breakdown in communication after passengers spotted a small boat adrift with three Panamanian fishermen. The Star Princess cruise ship did not stop -- and two of the fishermen perished before the third was rescued by another ship.
- Award-Winning Shots From The 2012 Underwater Photo Contest
April 20 2012 3:19 PM
Check out the beauties and beasts of the sea in these award-winning shots from the 2012 Underwater Photography Contest.
- Pakistan Plane Crash 2012: Over 100 On Bhoja Air Flight Feared Dead
April 20 2012 12:53 PM
A Bhoja Air jet crashed on Friday in Pakistan just before it was due to land in Islamabad. All on board are feared dead.
- Texting Pilot Almost Crashes Plane
April 20 2012 11:40 AM
A texting pilot nearly brought down JetStar Flight JQ57.
- National Park Week 2012: Free Entrance April 21-29
April 19 2012 3:29 PM
National Park Week offers a chance to hike, learn, share, and give back at parks across the nation and is a time when Americans celebrate the 84 million acres of spectacular scenery, historic landmarks, and cultural treasures they've inherited.
- Airline Passenger Data To Be Shared Between EU And US
April 19 2012 10:18 AM
The European Union parliament approved a deal on Thursday that will allow U.S. authorities to store sensitive data on trans-Atlantic airline passengers.