- 1 In 4 Americans Will Take A Holiday Road Trip
December 13 2012 1:50 PM
Here’s some good news for the travel industry, bad news for you: It’s going to be the busiest holiday season in six years.
- FCC Thinks Airplane Electronics Rules Are Absurd
December 10 2012 12:46 PM
Why do airlines make you turn off your electronics before takeoff and landing? Good question, says the FCC.
- Best Cruise Ships Of 2012
December 05 2012 1:29 PM
Cruising review site Cruise Critic has just released its list of the best cruise ships of 2012.
- The Best City To Live In Is
December 04 2012 12:28 PM
If you’re familiar with Mercer’s annual Quality of Living surveys, the 2012 winner should come as no surprise.
- FTC Admonishes Hotels For Hidden ‘Resort Fees’
November 29 2012 6:03 PM
The FTC issued a warning to 22 hotel operators Wednesday, claiming they may be breaking the law by misrepresenting hotel reservation prices with hidden "resort fees."
- What’s ‘Too Fat To Fly’?
November 27 2012 3:10 PM
Who is considered “too fat to fly"? Here’s a look at the varying airline policies for “customers of size” in the wake of the death of 425-pound Vilma Soltesz.
- Black Friday, Cyber Monday Travel Deals: The 2012 Guidebook
November 21 2012 1:48 PM
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the best days of the year for travel deals. Here’s a look at some of the best sales of 2012.
- Holiday Gift Ideas For Travelers
November 21 2012 9:55 AM
The wreaths are out, the lights are up and the 2012 holiday season is upon us. Here are some gift ideas for any traveler on your list.
- Thanksgiving Travel Busiest Since Recession
November 13 2012 1:25 PM
AAA projects that more people will travel for Thanksgiving in 2012 than any year since the recession hit in 2008.
- Spirit Airlines’ $100 Carry-On Fee Explained
November 06 2012 2:52 PM
If you show up at the boarding gate for a Spirit Airlines flight with a carry-on bag, you can now expect to pay $100 to put it in the overhead bin.
- What To Expect On United's New Dreamliner
November 05 2012 12:33 PM
On Sunday, United Airlines became the first North American carrier to fly the Boeing 787 Dreamliner on a commercial route.
- Flights Canceled By Sandy? Read This
October 29 2012 4:56 PM
With more than 10,000 canceled flights thanks to Hurricane Sandy, here's what you need to know to rebook your trip.
- Hurricane Sandy’s Northerly Path Cancels Flights, Scatters Cruises
October 24 2012 4:23 PM
Hurricane Sandy, the 19th named storm of the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season, has caused canceled flights and scattered cruise ships on its path north toward Jamaica and Cuba.
- Travel Tip: Don’t Surprise Women!
October 23 2012 2:09 PM
British Airways has some advice for all hopelessly romantic men out there: Don’t spring a surprise getaway on your partner; it will backfire.
- These Destinations Are Surprisingly Cheap
October 12 2012 2:35 PM
Craving a luxurious escape at bargain-basement prices? Check out these surprisingly cheap destinations.
- Airlines To Passengers: Book Directly With Us Or We Will Punish You
September 13 2012 4:33 PM
Frontier Airlines changed its website to FlyFrontier.com on Wednesday, a simple enough move if it weren’t for the message the company issued in the process, which went something like this: Forget the traditional online travel booking sites -- book with us or we will punish you.
- Labor Day Marks The End Of Summer, Start Of Big Travel Savings
September 03 2012 1:13 PM
It’s Labor Day weekend and the kids are about to go back to school, the air is getting crisper and the end of summer is nigh. But autumn is no time to stay at home. In fact, it’s the best time of the year for budget-minded travelers to get away.
- Yelp Shares Soar 25% As Lockup Expires Contra Facebook’s Huge Decline
August 29 2012 12:41 PM
Shares of Yelp Inc. (Nasdaq: YELP), the provider of online reviews of local businesses and restaurants, surged more than 25 percent Wednesday as the lock-up period for insiders expired, allowing them to sell stock in the San Francisco-based company for the first time since its march 1 initial public offering.
- Want To Use Smartphones And Tablets In Flight? The FAA Is Looking Into It
August 28 2012 11:27 AM
Why do airlines make you turn off your "portable electronic devices" before takeoff and landing? It's a question many have asked over the years, and, while the rule is clear, the answer is decidedly foggy.
- Drink Alcohol On Vacation? Don?t Expect Travel Insurance To Cover Any Claims
June 18 2012 2:35 PM
Don?t count on your travel insurance company to fork over the bill if you have an accident abroad while under the influence of alcohol or nonprescription drugs.