- Want To Use Smartphones And Tablets In Flight? The FAA Is Looking Into It
August 28 2012 11:27 AM
Why do airlines make you turn off your "portable electronic devices" before takeoff and landing? It's a question many have asked over the years, and, while the rule is clear, the answer is decidedly foggy.
- Drink Alcohol On Vacation? Don?t Expect Travel Insurance To Cover Any Claims
June 18 2012 2:35 PM
Don?t count on your travel insurance company to fork over the bill if you have an accident abroad while under the influence of alcohol or nonprescription drugs.
- Hotel Rooms? Dirtiest Spots Uncovered
June 18 2012 12:02 PM
You might want to pack a bottle of hand sanitizer the next time you turn on the lights and TV on a trip away from home. A new study reveals that light switches and TV remote controls are the dirtiest surfaces in a hotel room.
- France Summer Travel: Summer Loving, Adventures Await in Atlantic Coast, Cognac City
June 14 2012 6:11 AM
Not missing out on the much awaited family and away time this summer break could still be done whether in a tight budget or a splurge. The big break from the daily grind awaits you and your loved ones in Poitou-Charente, the south of France.
- Hurricane Season Travel Tips: When To Vacation & How To Prepare
June 07 2012 10:19 AM
What will the 2012 Atlantic hurricane season be like? When are hurricanes most likely to hit the Southeast? The Caribbean? Can I get a refund if my vacation is a washout?
- Post-Arab Spring Travel And Tourism In The Middle East: A Country-By-Country Look
June 01 2012 11:03 AM
It has been 18 months since the Arab Spring swept through the Middle East, and, while some nations have emerged with a renewed spirit, others have plunged into daily violence. Here's a country-by-country look at travel and tourism in the region as it stands now.
- The Most Popular Seat On A Plane Is?
April 24 2012 4:51 PM
A new survey from flight comparison site Skyscanner shows what parts of the aircraft travelers prefer, including the most popular seat.
- The Business Traveler’s Etiquette Guide for Modern Business Dining
March 01 2012 1:42 PM
The ways in which business gets done in today's global marketplace is evolving at a rapid rate. Even in the midst of new paradigms and emerging technologies, one thing remains constant: big deals often come together over meals.
- The Only Four NYC Steakhouses You Need To Know
December 27 2011 5:26 PM
If you’re looking for a steak in New York, it’s not hard to find. Some of the best restaurants from around the world are in this city, and likewise, the steakhouses are superb. Whether you’re looking for a seared sirloin or a nice juicy cut of ribs, there’s a top-tier steakhouses that will fit the bill. While each steakhouses interior and preparation may be different, they’re each one of a kind.
- Holiday Travel Tips for Drivers and Fliers
December 21 2011 10:34 AM
Whether you're traveling by air or by land, make sure to check out these tips for travel before you head out to maximize holiday travel happiness and minimize coal-in-the-stocking grief.
- How to Plan Your Dream Sailing Vacation in the Caribbean
December 19 2011 8:52 AM
Make the fantasy of escaping your office to sail the Caribbean a reality with this guide on how to plan the perfect sailing vacation.
- Why Airlines Make You Turn off Phones
December 13 2011 5:49 PM
While the rule may be clear as day, the answer is decidedly foggy.
- Tarmac Delays: Knowing Your Rights as a Passenger
December 13 2011 1:56 PM
Know your rights before you get stuck on the tarmac.
- Man vs. Wild: Survival Tips for the Intrepid Traveler
December 08 2011 2:46 PM
Survival expert James Mandeville shares vital tips for anyone headed for points unknown.
- How to Rent out Your House or Vacation Property
December 02 2011 12:29 PM
Thinking of renting out your home or vacation property to make some extra cash? We’ve got the scoop on how to make it stand out from the rest.
- Packing for a Ski Trip: The Ultimate Checklist
November 21 2011 3:59 PM
Nobody likes to pack - especially if you're packing the mounds of gear needed for a ski trip. To make things easier, here are some tips on what you absolutely need on and off the slopes.
- Best Places to Buy Art on Each Continent
November 04 2011 12:00 PM
Find out the best places to score both an amazing piece of art and a great deal on every continent!
- Travel Etiquette 101: A Class in Manners in the Air and Abroad
October 26 2011 4:39 PM
Following these simple travel etiquette tips will not only make you less likely to stand out as a tourist, it will bring better service and more respect from locals.
- New Site iflybags.com Takes Guesswork out of Baggage Fees
October 17 2011 12:45 PM
A new Web site, iflybags.com, is hoping to take the guesswork out of the ever-changing and confusing checked luggage policies.
- Tips for Avoiding Travel Scams
October 12 2011 10:58 AM
Learn about these eight travel scams before booking your next trip and you'll be traveling like a pro.