NBC's “The Michael J. Fox Show” has been pulled from the network’s sitcom lineup just few weeks after production of “Sean Saves the World” was shut down.

The show, which stars Michael J. Fox will be replaced by “Hollywood Game Night,” a game show hosted by Jane Lynch, starting Feb. 27, filling in for the Thursday night slot after the network’s Winter Olympics coverage. “The Michael J. Fox Show” has already produced its 22 episodes of which 15 episodes have aired.

Alex Reid, executive producer of the show, reportedly said that NBC has been planning to find a different slot for the seven unaired episodes of Fox’s show. But even if the network airs the remaining episodes, it will not continue with the show beyond the current season.

During an interview at the Television Critics Association winter press tour last month, Robert Greenblatt, NBC chairman, had expressed his dissatisfaction with the show’s poor ratings and reportedly said that the show will have to improve if it was to continue to air.

“The Michael J. Fox Show” received a good response with Fox’s return to television as it premiered to 7.5 million viewers, but interest for the show gradually declined. Season-to-date, the show is reportedly averaging a 1.7 rating among adult viewers between 18-49. The Jan. 23 episode of the show received just 2.18 million viewers and a 0.7 rating.

According to reports, Fox’s show’s remaining episodes were cancelled by NBC just a day before he signed his return to the political drama “The Good Wife.”

"We're trying to make that work because he finished filming his show, so it looks like we're going to get a chance to get him back," Robert King, co-creator and executive producer of the show, told reporters last month at the Television Critics Association winter TV previews, as the team planned to get Fox back to the show.

Fox will reprise his role as Louis Canning in “The Good Wife,” which will return with new episodes for its fifth season on Sunday, March 9 on CBS.