A California judge dismissed a lawsuit against Michael Jackson’s estate filed by a choreographer who had claimed that the late singer molested him decades ago, media reports said late Wednesday. Wade Robson had alleged that he was abused by Jackson over a seven-year period starting 1990.
Robson cannot pursue the case as he waited too long to file the suit, Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff reportedly said, in his ruling, on Tuesday.
The 32-year-old Australian dancer had previously testified in favor of Jackson in another molestation case involving the “Dangerous” singer and a boy in 2005.
“Mr. Robson testified under oath in a courtroom that Michael never did anything improper with him,” Howard Weitzman, attorney for Jackson's estate said, according to the Associated Press. “The court’s dismissal of Wade Robson’s claim against the Estate of Michael Jackson confirms that his lawsuit was inappropriately filed."
Robson reportedly filed the lawsuit in May 2013. His attorney Maryann Marzano claimed that her client failed to file a suit earlier because of psychological damage that he suffered, adding that Beckloff’s ruling will be appealed.
"We are confident that when all the facts are presented in civil court, there will be no doubt left about just what kind of sexual predator Jackson was," Marzano reportedly said.
In 2005, Robson had testified that he met the singer at the age of 5. He had said during the trial that he spent nights at Neverland Ranch -- the sprawling 2,800-acre California ranch built by the King of Pop -- more than 20 times, and that Jackson had “absolutely not” molested him. He also spoke positively about Jackson when the singer died in 2009.