- ISIS Releases Third John Cantlie Video
September 30 2014 1:29 AM
In the new video, Cantlie mocks the American strategy of employing air power combined with local ground forces in Iraq and Syria.
- Fears For Safety Of US Troops In Afghanistan
September 29 2014 7:26 PM
After more than six months of uncertainty, Afghanistan will allow U.S. forces to stay past December 2014, but safety fears remain.
- Netanyahu Rails On Iran, ISIS And Hamas At UN
September 29 2014 2:33 PM
The Israeli leader passionately defended Israel's campaign against Hamas over the summer and had choice words for Iran.
- Do Americans Want Ground Troops Fighting ISIS? It Depends
September 29 2014 1:30 PM
Most Americans said they felt the U.S. would eventually use ground troops against ISIS in Syria or Iraq.
- Facebook Vows Not To Share Personal Information With Advertisers
September 29 2014 12:49 PM
Sandberg deflected criticism of Facebook's "real name" policy, saying concerned users could create an anonymous "page" instead of a profile.
- US Airstrikes Hit Grain Silos, Killed Civilians, Says Syrian Human Rights Group
September 29 2014 12:04 PM
“They killed only civilians there, workers at the site. There was no ISIS inside,” a Syrian Observatory for Human Rights official said.
- Afghanistan To Allow 10,000 US Troops To Remain After 2014
September 29 2014 9:29 AM
Newly inaugurated president of Afghanistan Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai is expected to sign the deal Tuesday.
- ISIS Closing In On Baghdad
September 29 2014 8:02 AM
The Islamic State is a little more than a mile away from Baghdad, calling the effectiveness of U.S.-led airstrikes in Iraq into question.
- US-Led Raids Hit Islamic State In North, East Syria
September 29 2014 3:17 AM
Syria's army also carried out air raids in Aleppo province overnight, as well as in Hama in western Syria.
- Afghanistan Gets New Leaders As Attack Kills 7
September 29 2014 2:00 AM
Ashraf Ghani's swearing-in is expected to mark an end to the political gridlock gripping Afghanistan since the elections in June.
- Militants Kill 20 In Two Separate Yemen Attacks
September 29 2014 12:55 AM
Houthi fighters seized Sanaa on Sept. 21 after four days of fighting with soldiers loyal to the Sunni Muslim Islah party.
- Erdogan: Fight Against ISIS Must Include No-Fly Zone, Buffer Zone
September 28 2014 5:13 PM
In a speech at the World Economic Forum Sunday, President Erdogan said Turkey is prepared to join the fight against ISIS.
- Airstrikes Hit Makeshift Refineries In Syria: Monitoring Group
September 28 2014 3:13 PM
Destroying the makeshift refineries has led to a sharp increase in the price of diesel.
- Khorasan Leader Killed By US-Led Airstrike: Report
September 28 2014 11:21 AM
Speculation about Muhsin al-Fadhli’s death surfaced after a U.S. airstrike hit the al Qaeda-linked Khorasan group in Syria.
- Al Qaeda Offshoot Vows Retaliation Over US Airstrikes
September 28 2014 1:51 AM
Pressured by U.S.-led airstrikes in Syria, the militant group said, "This is not war against al-Nusra, but a war against Islam."
- Where Chechen Fighters Fit Into The Islamic State
September 27 2014 8:46 PM
Experts say battle-hardened Chechen fighters joining the Islamic State pose a serious threat.
- Arab Nations Join US Coalition Airstrikes On ISIS Command Center
September 27 2014 3:57 PM
Kurds had been hoping for coalition bombing around Kobani for days as militants encircled the town.
- First Royal Air Force Bombers Overfly Iraq
September 27 2014 10:33 AM
U.K. Parliament has yet to OK similar action in Syria.
- Fears Of A Taliban Takeover Of Afghanistan Growing
September 27 2014 9:39 AM
The Islamic State is gaining support in some areas of Afghanistan and Pakistan and the Taliban could pledge allegiance to ISIS in the future.
- Egypt Court Postpones Verdict In Mubarak Trial
September 27 2014 6:40 AM
Before adjourning the hearing, the judge said he had not finished reviewing all the evidence in the case, which amounted to 160,000 pages.