- UN Calls For Peace As Gaza Muslims Observe Eid Amid Clashes
July 28 2014 3:54 AM
The U.N. Security Council asked Hamas and Israel to “implement the cease-fire into the Eid period and beyond.”
- Israeli Military Rejects Blame For Deaths At UN Shelter
July 27 2014 11:41 PM
Israel's military acknowledged the hit on a UN school but denied being responsible for any deaths during Thursday's attack.
- Prophet Jirjis Mosque Destroyed in Mosul
July 27 2014 10:36 PM
The mosque was one of a half-dozen destroyed in recent days by Islamic militants.
- Surge In UK Anti-Semitic Attacks After Gaza Attack
July 27 2014 9:06 PM
British police reported more than double the usual number of hate crimes against Jews.
- More Turkish Help Could Be On Its Way To Gaza
July 27 2014 4:39 PM
A Turkish NGO is organizing a “Freedom Flotilla II” loaded with humanitarian aid to sail to the Gaza Strip.
- Cease-Fire, Armistice, Peace Treaty -- They're All Different
July 27 2014 3:00 PM
Hamas and Israel go back and forth between cease-fire proposals, cease-fire demands and humanitarian cease-fires. Here's a breakdown.
- Netanyahu: Israel Won't 'Let This Terror Operation Decide'
July 27 2014 2:39 PM
Hamas leader demands recognition of Palestinian state but does not acknowledge Israel's status.
- Syria Retakes Homs Gas Field From Hardline Group
July 27 2014 1:38 PM
Syria says dozens of rebels were killed in operation to retake Sha'ar gas field near Homs.
- 'French Jews Live in Fear'
July 27 2014 12:07 PM
French government promises "strong action" to calm the fears of French Jews as Gaza conflict continues.
- Pope Preaches Peace: 'Please Stop!'
July 27 2014 10:46 AM
As Israel and Gaza continue to exchange fire, the Pope called for an end to the war in his weekly Angelus address.
- Hamas Agrees To Another Humanitarian Cease-Fire, Israel Rejects
July 27 2014 8:35 AM
Another humanitarian cease-fire is in the works for Israel and Gaza just in time for the Muslim celebration of Eid.
- Hamas, Israel Renew Battle In Gaza
July 27 2014 4:53 AM
First Hamas resumed its rocket attacks on Israeli targets, and then Israel resumed its multifaceted offensive in the Palestinian territory.
- Paraguay Happiest Country On Earth
July 26 2014 7:26 PM
Gallup data show Danes are thriving, Bhutanese feel disrespected and Syrians aren't well rested.
- Arms, Hamas And North Korea
July 26 2014 6:39 PM
Hamas is searching for ways to replenish its diminished missile stockpile in its fight against Israel. North Korea is an obvious ally.
- Israel Extends Gaza Humanitarian Cease-Fire For 24 Hours
July 26 2014 6:02 PM
Israel's security cabinet approved extending the humanitarian ceasefire begun early on Saturday until midnight local time (1700 EST) on Sunday, an Israeli government official said.
- Hamas Rejects Cease-Fire Extension
July 26 2014 5:19 PM
Hamas announced that it will not accept the proposed four-hour cease-fire extension after the original half-day truce.
- 'Forgive Us': Sign Of The Times
July 26 2014 3:34 PM
A large crowd gathered in Tel Aviv's Rabin Square on Saturday to protest Israel's actions in Gaza.
- The Cease-Fire In Gaza Is A Chance To Collect The Dead
July 26 2014 1:05 PM
Residents in UN shelters returned to their neighborhoods to find entire blocks flattened and bodies in the rubble.
- US Evacuates Embassy In Libya Amid Militia Clashes
July 26 2014 11:01 AM
The U.S. Embassy evacuated all personnel from Tripoli on Saturday amid some of the worst fighting the country has seen since the 2011 Libya revolution.
- Bergdahl Release 'Spectacular Achievement' For Taliban
July 26 2014 10:12 AM
The Bergdahl-Taliban prisoner exchange was a victory for the Taliban, Mullah Omar claims.