With the HP TouchPad getting sold out at $99 like hotcakes, customers seem to have deepened their interest in tablet devices. Most U.S. stores have already sold out of the discounted HP tablets. Consumers shouldn't worry, however, as more stock should ship this week to some retail outlets.
Meanwhile, if you are not willing to wait any longer to buy a new tablet there are certainly many options apart from iPad 2 that can be considered.
Here is a listing of some of the Android tablets:
Dell Streak 7
- Price starts at $199.99
- Strength: It is an Android tablet offering the dual-core processing. It has front and rear cameras. The price is also extremely affordable.
- Weakness: The quality of the screen not good enough. Also, the responsiveness of the device is not to the expected level.
ViewSonic ViewPad 7
- Price starts at $279.40
- Strength: It is an Android tablet offering a seven-inch screen. It has front and rear cameras. It has an extremely powerful processor.
- Weakness: The keyboard is certain to generate frustration among the users. In addition, the size of the device will create a sense of awkwardness in the customer.
Vizio Tablet VTAB1008
- Price starts at $298.00
- Strength: It is an Android tablet with customized interfaces. It has the capability of functioning as the universal remote control. The price is also affordable.
- Weakness: It is not graceful enough. Also lacks speed. In addition, the viewing angle is not so fantastic.
Acer Iconia Tab A500
- Price starts at $379
- Strength: It is an Android tablet offering the GPS. It has front and rear cameras. It has a full size USB host port.
- Weakness: The first impression it creates is regarding its thickness. It is undesirably thick in size. It is comparatively heavy for a tablet. It has problems while running high definition video files.
Asus Eee Pad Transformer
- Price starts at $389.88
- Strength: It is a Android Honeycomb tablet and at this price it is the cheapest. It has an excellent quality of screen which is sure to amaze the user.
- Weakness: The edges are rather sharp which will not impress the prospective customer. The recordings done as well as the playbacks played by the camcorder are not even and up to the standard as expected.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Price starts at $499.99
- Strength: It is a sexy Android Honeycomb tablet. It has extremely powerful dual speakers which will spellbind the user. The 3-megapixel back camera and the 2-megapixel front camera are sure to impress the customer. Above all it is extremely light.
- Weakness: It can give the sense of not being sufficiently solid to the user. Also there are no ports in it.
So if you have missed out on the last chance to buy a HP TouchPad you need not worry as you have not lost such a great opportunity considering that the above choices are still available to you.