In Egypt, a judge ruled that television cameras will not be allowed in court when the trial of former President Hosni Mubarak resumes September 5.

The initial hearings were broadcast on state television, but as the trial enters the witness-testimony phase, it will go off-air, Judge Ahmed Rifaat ruled Monday.

Murabak -- along with his son Alaa and Gamal, his former Interior Minister Habib al-Adli, and six senior ex-officers -- are on trial for killing protestors during the 18-day demonstration against his regime in January and February. If convicted, Mubarak could face the death penalty.

The former president plead "not-guilty" to the charges during the opening hearing on Augist 3. Mubarak and the other defendants were in attendance on Monday when Rifaat made his decision. Mubarak's sons were taken back to prison, while Mubarak was moved to a hospital in Cairo where he is under lock and key.

The opening of the trial was displayed on giant screens in front of the police academy courthouse in the capital, where hundreds of demonstrators -- both pro- and anti-Mubarak -- gathered and chanted slogans.

The image of a bed-ridden and caged Mubarak, who was too weak to sit up on his gurney, shocked and pleased many Egyptians who protested in Tahrir square in February. Mubarak, whom many considered a corrupt despot, ruled Egypt for 30 years and had never been seen in such a humbled state.

"This is the dream of Egyptians, to see him like this, humiliated like he humiliated them for the last 30 years," Ghada Ali, the mother of a 17-year old girl who was killed during the protests, told The Associated Press.

"I want to see their heart explode like my daughter's heart exploded from their single bullet," Ali said, breaking down in sobs.

Mubarak has been suffering from health problems since he stepped down, and had been living at the Sharm el-Sheikh Hospital since April. A military council is currently running Egypt. Parliamentary elections were originally scheduled for September, but have been delayed at least two months.