In much of the desert southwest, the name National Automation Services Inc. is rapidly becoming synonymous with control systems integration, though the company has expanded into a number of different areas. The diversity of their projects gives an idea of their ability to solve almost any kind of processing and systems control challenge, but it also indicates the level of trust major clients routinely place in that ability.
• Southwest Airlines – NAS is responsible for maintaining baggage handling for Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, involving extensive use of PLC Controllers, and the integration of numerous monitoring and security systems. NAS has now been asked by Southwest to support all of their operations throughout the western U.S., including California, Arizona, Utah, Oregon, Washington, New Mexico, and Texas.
• Honeywell Security Division – Alaska Pipeline – NAS manufactured four different types of specialty panels used for critical station security on the Alaska pipeline.
• Western Mining & Minerals – NAS supports all automation and controls for their St. George operations, including emergency and scheduled services of PLC, SCADA, and instrumentation at the plant.
• City of Mesa, Arizona – Configuration, programming, and integration for water, wastewater, gas and electric utilities divisions.
• San Carlos Irrigation – Radio Telemetry Survey – NAS designed and implemented a spread spectrum radio network for the San Carlos Irrigation District in Arizona.
• TRW Discrete Parts Manufacturing – NAS developed a semi-automated air bag production line for TRW, involving RF tags and readers, bar code scanners, operator and communications interfaces.
• Watson Pharmaceuticals – NAS was responsible for configuration of Fix 32 SCADA redundancy as well as pure water panel fabrication.
Add to this process control work for companies like Motorola Semiconductor, Coca-Cola Bottling, Chevron, Air Science Engineering, Phelps Dodge, and a wide range of towns and cities in the Southwest, and you get an idea of the company’s flexibility and reputation.
Let us hear your thoughts: National Automation Services, Inc. Message Board