They carry your cell phone, lunch, keys, breakfast, phone charger, afternoon snack, lipstick, wallet, a sweater for when you get cold and a water bottle to get you through the day. Your purse can be quite a workhorse and maybe it's time to do it a favor and bring home a new friend for it to hang out with in your closet on the days when only a clutch will do.
Monday is National Handbag Day, which is as good of an excuse as any to shop for a new favorite bag. While popular designer handbags fetch a hefty price, here are five designer handbag sales to check out ASAP.
1. Macy’s: Macy’s is offering a limited-time sale for designer mainstays like Michael Kors, Coach and Lauren by Ralph Lauren. Monday is the final day to take advantage of its Columbus Day sale, which offers an additional 20 percent off of the handbags and free shipping with purchases of 450 or more.
2. Bloomingdale's: Ride out the rest of Bloomingdales' Columbus Day sale with select designer pieces (from Chanel, Derek Lam, Ralph Lauren Collection and more) off 25 percent with a promo code. Loyalists also get a $25 reward card for every $100 spent.
3. Nordstrom: Nordstrom always has go-to designer handbags on sale. Check out their site to see what’s up currently. The department store is offering $10 for holiday purchases when customers sign up for the Nordstrom Rewards.
4. Neiman Marcus: Neiman Marcus is currently offering an extra 20 percent off of select designer handbags, from Rebecca Minkoff and Tory Burch to Elizabeth and James and Edie Parker.
5. Lord & Taylor: Select Calvin Klein handbags are currently 25 percent off and additional, select designer handbags are up to 40 percent off. Shop them before they’re gone.