It’s been nearly three weeks since Independence Day, but Thursday is a day to celebrate free hot dogs. Frankfurters, as they are also called, are in season from Memorial Day to Labor Day, but they have had a day of their own on July 23 since the 1950s. In honor of the beloved All-American food, restaurants are selling free and discounted hot dogs. Continue reading to find out where to snag one, courtesy of Offers.com. (Just don’t commit the cardinal hot dog sin and top it with ketchup)
1. Flying J Travel Centers: Free hot dogs will be offered at all 23 locations.
2. Evos: Who doesn’t love bogo deals? Buy one, get one free of these all-natural, healthy dogs.
3. Kangaroo Express: Free hot dogs will be given to any customer who has a military I.D. between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. For all customers, hot dogs will cost .50 cents. There is a limit of 4 per guest, while supplies last. Customers can also purchase a Polar Pop Cup and hot dog for only $1.19.
4. Philly Pretzel Factory: The first 300 customers will get a free pretzel dog. After that, $1.00 pretzel dogs will sell.
5. Racetrac: Free hot dogs and toppings for everyone, while supplies lasts.
6. Fuddruckers: For those who live in the Austin, Texas area, consumers can get a bottomless Coke, black Angus chili cheese hot dog, and fries for $7.
7. Jack’s Restaurant: Purchase two chili-cheese dogs and fries for only $3.79.
8. Meatheads: $1.50 New England Style Dogs will be offered all day.
10. Sonic: Purchase All-American Dog or Chili Cheese Coney for only $1. (This only applies for the 6-inch premium.)
If you liked this article, click here to read fun facts about hot dogs.
Follow me on Twitter @mariamzzarella