Economic Events: (GMT)
- This Week in PetroleumRelease Schedule: Wednesday @ 1:00 p.m. EST (schedule)
- Gasoline and Diesel Fuel UpdateRelease Schedule: Monday between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. EST (schedule)
- Weekly Petroleum Status ReportRelease Schedule: The wpsrsummary.pdf, overview.pdf, and Tables 1-14 in CSV and XLS formats, are released to the Web site after 10:30 a.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday. All other PDF and HTML files are released to the Web site after 1:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) on Wednesday. Appendix D is produced during the winter heating season, which extends from October through March of each year. For some weeks which include holidays, releases are delayed by one day. (schedule)
- Heating Oil & Propane Update (October-March) Heating Oil, Propane Residential and Wholesale Price DataRelease Schedule: Wednesday at 1:00 p.m. EST
- Weekly Coal ProductionRelease Schedule: Thursday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Weekly NYMEX Coal FuturesRelease Schedule: Monday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Coal News & MarketsRelease Schedule: Monday by 5:00 p.m. EST
- Natural Gas Weekly UpdateRelease Schedule: Thursday between 2:00 and 2:30 p.m. (Eastern Time)
- Weekly Natural Gas Storage ReportRelease Schedule: Thursday at 10:30 (Eastern Time) (schedule)
Natural Gas Fundamental Analysis February 23, 2012, Forecast
Analysis and Recommendations:
Natural Gas is down from the opening of 2.788 and is trading at 2.759. With warmer weather predicted along with the days of winter ending, inventories are more than enough to see the cover demand. Today Chesapeake Energy Corp. said it plans to more than double its oil and liquids production by 2015 as the natural gas giant aims to become one of top five U.S. oil producers.
Chesapeake and other oil and gas companies are fleeing natural gas fields amid a supply glut that has brought prices to low levels not seen in years. Chesapeake said it plans to produce about 250,000 barrels a day of oil and natural gas liquids by 2015, up from about 104,000 barrels a day in the fourth quarter.
Natural Gas Pivot Points (Time Frame: 1 Day)
Name S3 S2 S1 Pivot R1 R2 R3