This will likely be my last post from MB Wealth as I have chose to close my brokerage. I am in the final stages of a new employment contract with a large Commodity firm in Chicago. This is goodbye temporarily but I will be back in the coming weeks. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me via email or telephone if you want to continue to have access to my comments. Crude is approaching the $104 level as forecast in recent posts. We've advised clients to start liquidating longs after an $8 run in the last two weeks I think all the activity in Iran has taken Crude too high too quick...just my opinion. The fact that the distillates are not trading higher alongside Crude also supports my thesis that prices may be over stretched. Natural gas has picked up steam the last two sessions poised to trade above the 40 day MA for the first time in 5 months. A trade above $2.85 in March that holds would convince me a bottom is in and longs are trade able. Until then I have no interest. Stocks are trading near four year highs but probing to pick a top was non eventful this week as a false break down was exactly that false. I am uncomfortable advising longs and will not try calling a top again. Stand clear until we see consecutive settlements below the 9 day MA. In the Dow at 12835 and in the S&P at 1348. After five positive weeks gold had closed lower the last two weeks. I remain in the camp that prices come lower...as I said yesterday a settlement over $1740 would signal higher ground and to cut losses on bearish trade. Silver has traded lower seven out of the last eight sessions even though prices are only $1/ounce off their recent highs I see more downside. Next support in March is seen at $31.50 followed by $29.75. Copper was lower everyday this week losing nearly 7% in that time frame. I'm expecting a additional 4-6% correction which would complete a 50% Fibonacci retracement on the move in the last five months...trade accordingly. Finally a positive showing in coffee after seven straight losers. DO not expect much more than a bounce before the onslaught resumes. Live cattle continues to march higher...unfortunately without my clients on board. We have been bullish for months but jumped off this train but premature. Clients wait for a pullback to get long. Lean hogs also were slight gainers running into resistance at the same level that capped further upside weeks ago. On a trade back near 88.00 cents in April we suggest probing longs. Buyers are emerging in grains but until prices correct I am a spectator with clients. The Yen should continue lower but all other crosses appear to be consolidating so I see no long or short opportunities at the moment...move to the sidelines. Looking at longer term (weekly and monthly) charts in the Yen this could just be the beginning.
Risk disclosure: The risk of loss in trading commodity futures and options can be substantial. Past performance is no guarantee of future trading results.
Please do not place any trade orders via email as they will not be executed.
Trading in commodity futures and options involves substantial risk of loss. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
Our website is filled with resources to help the most novice or savviest trader. Come look at what the markets are doing in our charts & quotes section, or look up contract symbols and more in our tools section. The education segment includes a glossary and our special reports sector has access to all our archived commentaries and specialty articles published by Matthew Bradbard.