- SAT Cheaters Now Number 40 Students
November 23 2011 3:13 PM
Forty individuals have been implicated in an SAT cheating scandal plaguing Long Island suburbs.
- Tavern on the Green Divides Manhattan Communities
November 23 2011 1:53 PM
The Parks Department is seeking a new proprietor for the historical Tavern on the Green. However, this has sparked a debate between two neighborhoods and their community boards.
- Epic Tale: Vietnamese Father, Son Separated After Pirate Attack, Reunited 34 Years Later
November 23 2011 6:55 AM
Vietnamese refugee Hao Truong was reunited with his son at Rochester International Airport in Rochester, N.Y., after 34 years of being separated following a pirate attack off the coast of Vietnam.
- Archbishop Dolan, Speaker Quinn Give Back to Harlem Community
November 22 2011 4:25 PM
At the Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy, Jr. Memorial Community Center in Harlem, Archbishop Dolan and City Council Speaker Christine Quinn joined together to distribute turkeys, stuffing, and other essential foods to help support the local community prepare for their Thanksgiving meals, on Tuesday.
- 20 Long Islanders Accused of Cheating on SAT Exam
November 22 2011 3:35 PM
Twenty current and former students in Long Island have been implicated for cheating on college entrance examinations.
- Art Thief Thomas Doyle Gets Slammed by Art-Loving Judge
November 22 2011 11:44 AM
An art-loving federal judge doubled the prison sentence of career con artist after a portrait by Jean-Bapitiste-Camille Corot was found tossed in some bushes in the Upper East Side.
- Gregory Papalexis, Sabrett Hot Dog CEO Dies at 86
November 21 2011 4:49 PM
Gregory Papalexis, owner of Sabrett hot dogs, has died has died at the age of 86 in his New Jersey.
- Soho Hairdresser Slams Soho Salon with $16M Sexual Harassment Suit
November 21 2011 2:25 PM
Devachan, the trendy salon in SoHo, has been hit with a 16 million sexual harassment suit from a former employee.
- Reclusive Heiress Leaves $400M, None to Friends, Family
November 21 2011 1:06 PM
The reclusive copper mining heiress Huguette Clark, who died in May at the age of 104, left her estranged family with almost nothing, instead, electing to remit most of her fortune to her closest friend—her nurse.
- Bronx Sex Fiend Attacks Six Women in Six Hours
November 19 2011 6:08 PM
A sex-crazed monster attacked six women in six hours around the Bronx.
- Steakhouse Workers in NY, NJ, CT Caught in Credit Card Theft Ring
November 18 2011 6:32 PM
Twenty-eight individuals have been charged in two indictments on 172 counts including enterprise corruption, conspiracy, and grand larceny, among other felony charges in a three state credit card theft ring.
- NYPD High Tech Meets Occupy Wall Street: The Science of Crowd Control
November 18 2011 2:07 PM
Police departments are gearing up with more non-lethal weapon choices than ever before.
- Williamsburg, Greenpoint are Dumps--Literally
November 18 2011 1:44 PM
Williamsburg and Greenpoint have the most garbage trucks roaming the neighborhood of any in New York City.
- Dolan, Transportation Advocate from Queens, Killed in Car Accident
November 17 2011 11:51 AM
A Queens activist, Patricia Dolan, who fought for pedestrian safety was killed when she was struck by a car Tuesday night, after stepping off a bus. She had planned to attend a committee meeting on transportation.
- Sheepshead Bay Komsky Murder Suspect Caught on Tape, Police Release Video
November 17 2011 11:28 AM
The video footage of the man alleged to have murdered Larisa Komsky has been released.
- Starbucks Restrooms Still Free to 'Wee'
November 16 2011 7:54 PM
Starbucks denied rumors about efforts to shut down its public restrooms across 196 locations in New York City.
- Found: 13-Year-Old Runaway Girl with 42-Year-Old Man, Father just 'happy to have her back'
November 16 2011 4:14 PM
Allie Loftis, the 13-year-old runaway from Massachusetts, was found living in the home of a 42-year-old New Jersey man.
- NYPD Seeking Trio in L Train Beating [VIDEO]
November 16 2011 2:07 PM
The NYPD is searching for three men after beating a fourth man on the L train earlier this month.
- Zoo Story: Baby Penguins Take Center Stage in Central Park
November 16 2011 12:47 PM
Eight baby penguins have become a huge hit at the Central Park Zoo. Dubbed the Real Chicks of Central Park, the penguins have become the stars of the Wildlife Conservation Society's Central Park Zoo blog.
- Heartbroken: Mobster ‘Tommy Shots’ Gioeli Stuck in Prison While Daughter Weds
November 16 2011 12:14 PM
High-profile New York City mobster Thomas Tommy Shots Gioeli has requested to have a prison furlough to attend his daughters wedding in Dec., but the furlough request was struck down.