- United Arab Emirates Brings Winds Of Change To A Sinking African Archipelago
June 19 2013 5:48 AM
The UAE is funding clean energy, but eight new wind turbines in the Seychelles can’t stop the water from rising.
- Libya, Armed And Dangerous, Exports War On The Black Market
June 18 2013 5:47 AM
Libya may have more weapons than the British army arsenal. What does that mean for Syria?
- Good News Is Good News; So-So News Is Good News, Too
June 14 2013 5:12 PM
Indicators such as consumer confidence and initial jobless claims are trending positively overall, even if mixed week to week.
- Are The Sudans Still Fighting About Oil? Not Exactly
June 14 2013 3:22 PM
Abyei, a conflicted, oil-rich region, is at the heart of a fresh battle between Sudan and South Sudan.
- Critics Demand Obama’s Impeachment, Just As They Did His Predecessors’
June 12 2013 2:03 PM
Amid scandals, politicians and activists are calling for Obama's impeachment, echoing similar efforts for almost every president since Nixon.
- When Is A Blogger Not A Blogger?
June 07 2013 5:30 PM
A New York Times profile of the Guardian's Glenn Greenwald, who broke a major domestic surveillance story this week, repeatedly refers to him as a blogger, not a reporter. Was it a subtle attempt to denigrate him?
- Bottoms Up: Best Tony Awards Drinking Games
June 07 2013 5:03 PM
IBTimes highlights the best Tony Awards drinking games on the Web. Neil Patrick Harris hosts the 67th Annual Tony Awards on Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
- Fed Likely To Wind Down Bond Buying: Analysis
June 07 2013 1:29 PM
The May jobs report suggests the economy is stronger than it was nine months ago when the Fed launched its third round of monetary easing.
- Journalists Nitpick NY Times Op-Ed Amid Surveillance Scandal
June 07 2013 12:16 PM
A New York Times op-ed about the Obama administration’s surveillance scandals caused a bit of controversy after it was changed without comment, but was the change unethical?
- The Sunnylands Summit: An Opportunity For Xi And Obama
June 07 2013 5:37 AM
A meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping could set the tone for a new economic dynamic.
- Lobbyists Helped Neuter Connecticut GMO Labeling Law
June 06 2013 4:57 PM
An "army of lobbyists" led by Monsanto Company helped convince Connecticut lawmakers to water down the nation's first GMO labeling law.
- Myanmar Could Quadruple Economy, But Only If Reform Comes Now
June 05 2013 5:46 AM
With the right policies, Myanmar could experience incredible economic growth -- but the opportunity won't last for long.