- World Gathers In South Africa To Honor Nelson Mandela's Life
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Obama and three former U.S. presidents were among the thousands who paid tribute to Nelson Mandela in Soweto, outside Johannesburg.
- Paris Hilton Tweet Hoax: Why Were The Media So Quick To Buy It?
December 06 2013 1:33 PM
In spreading a phony quote about Nelson Mandela, Twitter user @DeletedTweets inadvertently proved the powerful allure of the almighty screenshot.
- French Horns: The Bloody Battle To End Bullfighting In France
December 06 2013 11:05 AM
With clashes turning violent in southern France, could a simple tourist boycott be the coup de grace for a centuries-old blood sport?
- EXCLUSIVE: The VA Is Broken - Death, Medical Mistreatment And Worsening Woes At Veterans Affairs Facilities
November 27 2013 11:01 AM
Despite public outcry, anger in Congress and efforts to rein in the embattled VA, veterans care continues to worsen.
- Can A New Music Magazine Succeed?
November 21 2013 5:07 PM
A pioneer in online music journalism is entering old-media territory with a quarterly magazine called The Pitchfork Review.
- Microsoft vs. Google, Holiday Edition - Scroogled Merchandise
November 21 2013 2:08 PM
Buying a gift for that privacy enthusiast in your life? “Scroogled” gear arrives just in time for the holidays.
- 'Parenthood' And Failed Marriages: The Secret Of The Show's Success?
November 15 2013 3:06 PM
So far in season 5 of 'Parenthood,' two marriages and one engagement are on the rocks. Does the show owe its success to the failure of its relationships?
- Millennials Get An Opera, But Will They Tweet About It?
November 08 2013 8:18 PM
“Two Boys,” a tale of teenage angst and online deception, is luring young people to the Met Opera. Will they come back?
- Republicans Refuse To Accept Obama’s 'Non-Apology'
November 08 2013 3:05 PM
Asked about gaps in the new health care law, President Obama responded with a perfectly reasoned expression of regret. And then the right pounced.
- Who Owns New York City Now?
November 04 2013 12:27 PM
As Bill de Blasio and Joe Lhota square off, meet the lobbyists and special interests staking their claim in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Ray Kelly Booed Off College Campus: Liberal Intolerance Run Amok?
October 30 2013 5:07 PM
Conservatives say an unruly protest at Brown University is indicative of liberal intolerance on college campuses. Critics counter that Ray Kelly’s lecture was tantamount to an endorsement of stop and frisk.
- The Best Halloween Party Ideas 2013
October 29 2013 7:02 PM
IBTimes scares up some of the best Halloween party ideas for kids, teens, adults and everyone else.
- From Screen To Stage: ‘Big Fish’ And The New Broadway Ecosystem
October 24 2013 9:09 AM
Can Broadway keep borrowing from Hollywood without losing its cultural cache? The musical adaptation of Tim Burton’s whimsical 2003 film may provide a clue.
- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.
- Why Don’t Reality Stars Qualify For The Walk Of Fame?
October 21 2013 2:53 PM
The Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee said Kim Kardashian doesn’t qualify for immortalization, but is that consistent with its own guidelines?
- Auto Review: BMW M6 Gran Coupe Is Far More Car Than Meets The Eye
October 18 2013 6:19 PM
Don't judge the new BMW M6 Gran Coupe by its classic good looks alone.
- US Government Shutdown Ends And Fox News Is Angry (It Loved The Ratings)
October 17 2013 1:22 PM
The U.S. government shutdown was a PR bloodbath for Republicans, but it hasn’t hurt the party’s biggest cheerleader.
- Phillip Roth Did Not Win The Nobel Prize For Literature, You Idiots
October 11 2013 4:46 PM
Tablet magazine confused and alienated some readers with its fake announcement that Philip Roth had won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- So-Called US Trucker Protest Fueled By Anti-Obama Venom
October 10 2013 3:51 PM
The trucking industry has fiercely condemned “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” which is less about civil disobedience than a deep hatred of President Obama.