- Maybe This Is Why Oscar Winners Never Thank God
March 03 2014 1:15 PM
Matthew McConaughey’s shout-out to the almighty in his Best Actor acceptance speech became a public referendum on America’s culture wars.
- Will ‘American Hustle’ Win Best Picture? Maybe, But It Shouldn’t
February 28 2014 11:07 AM
Opinion: David Russell’s mediocre period caper has benefited from a buzzy cast and hyped-up Oscar campaign; will the Academy drink the Kool-Aid?
- Analysis: Ukraine's Finances Are Hanging By A Thread
February 26 2014 3:29 PM
For the Kremlin, it's a question of what's worse: a failed state on its doorstep or a going concern that's independent of Moscow.
- Why Were January US Retail Sales Worse Than Expected?
February 13 2014 2:12 PM
There's only so much you can blame on the weather.
- Banned Super Bowl Ad Eclipsed By Real Controversy
January 31 2014 3:19 PM
Israeli company SodaStream is trying to ride a wave of hype surrounding its banned Scarlett Johansson commercial, but criticism of its West Bank operations is fueling the conversation.
- Commodity Sector Outlook Got You Down? Consider This Metal
January 29 2014 12:31 PM
Quick: Name one commodity enjoying rising demand, flattening production and tightening inventories?
- Meet Cathy McMorris Rodgers, The GOP’s Secret Weapon
January 28 2014 1:15 PM
Scrambling to soften its image with women voters, the Republican Party chose Cathy McMorris Rodgers, R-Wash., to rebut President Obama’s State of the Union Address.
- How Much Will The Super Bowl Cost NJ/NY Taxpayers?
January 28 2014 7:19 AM
The much-touted economic impact of Super Bowl XLVIII comes with a hefty tax bill for New Yorkers and New Jerseyans. Is it worth the cost?
- Donations To Huckabee Pour In After ‘Libido’ Comment
January 24 2014 2:22 PM
Following his much-mocked comments about women’s libidos, former Gov. Mike Huckabee made a plea for donations to his political action committee, Huck PAC. It worked.
- Why Biz Owners Are Fed Up With Yelp’s Algorithm
January 17 2014 4:22 PM
Reputation-management companies claim they can improve Yelp ratings. Are their services legit?
- Livid Gun Lovers Fired Up Over Anti-NRA Flick
January 16 2014 4:51 PM
Following reports that the Weinstein Co. is producing an anti-NRA Meryl Streep vehicle, angry gun owners flocked to Facebook and posted one-star reviews of the film company.
- In The Central African Republic, One Mad Dog, Millions Of Ruined Lives
January 15 2014 11:01 AM
The world's thinking about South Sudan right now, but next door, one of the world's poorest nations is also dealing with a major crisis.
- Empire State Building Sues Photographer Over Topless Photos
January 14 2014 3:01 PM
The management of the New York landmark is suing photographer Allen Henson, who took cellphone shots of a topless model on the observation deck last summer.
- Upworthy Had A Great Year, But Is It Sustainable?
January 10 2014 2:51 PM
The rapidly growing viral video aggregator shared its top topics for 2013, but is Upworthy just one Facebook tweak away from obscurity?
- ‘Bridgeghazi’ Backlash - Why Conservatives Are Fuming Over Christie Hashtag
January 09 2014 2:11 PM
The #Bridgeghazi hashtag is being condemned by conservatives as liberals use it with glee - underscoring their polarized political lenses.
- The US In South Sudan: New Conflict Tests Long-Term Relationship
December 27 2013 6:11 PM
Washington has played a key role in South Sudan's independence and development, but the new conflict is testing old ties.
- The Worst Media Fails Of 2013
December 27 2013 9:57 AM
Plagiarism! Sensationalism! Scandal! IBTimes compiles the biggest news blunders of the year.
- Evaluating Chiara de Blasio's Christmas Eve Confession
December 24 2013 3:10 PM
Bill de Blasio's campaign team released a professionally-produced video confession by his daughter Chiara, who revealed her struggle with depression and substance abuse.
- The Worst Tweets Of 2013
December 19 2013 5:40 PM
Cue the Fail Whale. IBTimes rounds up the most offensive, most invasive, most ill-conceived tweets of the year. It’s racism. It’s misogyny. It’s half-baked marketing ploys. It’s Twitter.
- Upworthy And The Rise Of Clickbait Spoilers
December 11 2013 6:51 PM
The 2-year-old Upworthy has generated phenomenal social traffic with its emotionally driven headlines, but not everyone thinks they’re worth the click.