- In Afghan War, Green-On-Blue Attacks Down But Not Out
March 12 2013 2:55 PM
Afghan security forces were implicated in dozens of so-called green-on-blue attacks against U.S. and other ISAF troops in Afghanistan.
- How Social Media Is Making Us Hypersensitive
March 08 2013 7:28 PM
From "Mike & Molly" to Bloomberg Businessweek, experts say social media is making potentially offensive content more difficult to ignore.
- Dow 14,000: Is It Too Late To Buy US Stocks?
March 07 2013 4:58 PM
The Dow has raced to more than 14,000. Have you missed the party? Most certainly not, if you choose quality companies.
- The Plight Of Africa's Albino People
March 07 2013 12:37 PM
Albino people in East/Southern Africa are suffering attacks, amputations and murders, but some advocacy groups are working for change.
- Big Oil Eyes Venezuela But It May Have To Be Patient
March 07 2013 10:38 AM
With Chavez no longer running Venezuela, its once-mighty petroleum industry could be restored -- but only slowly.
- Kenya May Elect A Man Indicted For Fomenting Violence
March 05 2013 11:54 PM
Provisional Kenyan presidential election results show front-runner Uhuru Kenyatta may win despite being indicted for crimes against humanity.
- iPhone 5S Release Date Tipped To Be In June Or August; iPad 5 In April
March 05 2013 6:05 AM
It has been reported that Apple is planning to release its next generation iPhone model, aka the “iPhone 5S,” in August.
- Top Al Qaeda Leaders In Africa Could Be Dead, But Does It Matter?
March 05 2013 5:58 AM
Chadian officials say Mokhtar Belmokhtar and Abdelhamid Abou Zeid are dead. But even if it's true, regional turmoil is far from over.
- As Kenya Votes, Lines Are Long But Violence Is Low
March 04 2013 2:23 PM
Kenyan voters now await the election results of a close contest between Raila Odinga and Uhuru Kenyatta, with violence under control.
- Sideshow Bob: Woodward Drama A Sequester Distraction
March 01 2013 2:50 PM
Legendary Washington Postman Bob Woodward got into a tussle with the White House after he challenged its handling of the sequester.
- Gerard Depardieu Abhors Taxes, Adores Autocrats
March 01 2013 6:54 AM
France's top actor hates Hollande but has no problem with Russia's Putin, Chechnya's Kadyrov, and the daughter of Uzbekistan's Karimov.
- 'SVU' Episode About Rihanna & Chris Brown Was Out Of Order
February 28 2013 8:30 PM
A "Law & Order: SVU" episode presumably about Chris Brown and Rihanna ended in murder -- and angry fans. But probably not a lawsuit.
- Reimagining The European Union, Without The UK
February 28 2013 5:54 AM
What are the odds of a British exit from the European Union, or a “Brexit,” and what would it mean for investors and the global economy?
- Divided, We Fight: A Primer On Syrian Opposition Groups
February 27 2013 9:55 AM
Political freedom and human rights are still at the root of the rebellion, but things have changed since the uprising began.
- A New Congo Peace Plan: Vague, But Not Hopeless
February 26 2013 5:54 AM
African leaders have agreed on new framework for peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Details are lacking, but potential is great.
- Did Seth MacFarlane Go Too Far, Or Not Far Enough?
February 25 2013 4:02 PM
Oscar host Seth MacFarlane is earning negative criticism from reviewers, many of whom found the "Family Guy" creator offensive, sexist and racist during the 85th annual Academy Awards ceremony.
- Mali Faces Big Challenges As French Troops Are Drawn Down
February 24 2013 6:05 PM
A French military intervention in Mali has reached its final stages, but the crisis is far from over.
- Pivot To Asia: Obama, Abe Talk Economies And China
February 23 2013 12:00 AM
A summit between U.S. President Barack Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe could lead to a stronger economic partnership.
- Italian Spy Jailed For CIA Torture: Could Rumsfeld Or Cheney Be Next?
February 22 2013 6:43 PM
A court in Milan has convicted Italian intelligence officials of CIA-instigated torture and rendition during the war on terror. Will American participants pay as well?
- Seth MacFarlane Won’t Rescue Oscar's Ratings; Better Movies Might
February 21 2013 5:52 PM
The Academy is hoping "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will attract more younger viewers to Sunday's Oscars 2013 telecast, but how much does a host really affect ratings?