- Divided, We Fight: A Primer On Syrian Opposition Groups
February 27 2013 9:55 AM
Political freedom and human rights are still at the root of the rebellion, but things have changed since the uprising began.
- A New Congo Peace Plan: Vague, But Not Hopeless
February 26 2013 5:54 AM
African leaders have agreed on new framework for peace in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Details are lacking, but potential is great.
- Did Seth MacFarlane Go Too Far, Or Not Far Enough?
February 25 2013 4:02 PM
Oscar host Seth MacFarlane is earning negative criticism from reviewers, many of whom found the "Family Guy" creator offensive, sexist and racist during the 85th annual Academy Awards ceremony.
- Mali Faces Big Challenges As French Troops Are Drawn Down
February 24 2013 6:05 PM
A French military intervention in Mali has reached its final stages, but the crisis is far from over.
- Pivot To Asia: Obama, Abe Talk Economies And China
February 23 2013 12:00 AM
A summit between U.S. President Barack Obama and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe could lead to a stronger economic partnership.
- Italian Spy Jailed For CIA Torture: Could Rumsfeld Or Cheney Be Next?
February 22 2013 6:43 PM
A court in Milan has convicted Italian intelligence officials of CIA-instigated torture and rendition during the war on terror. Will American participants pay as well?
- Seth MacFarlane Won’t Rescue Oscar's Ratings; Better Movies Might
February 21 2013 5:52 PM
The Academy is hoping "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will attract more younger viewers to Sunday's Oscars 2013 telecast, but how much does a host really affect ratings?
- How One Country Is Taking On The Scourge Of Illegal Weapons
February 21 2013 3:28 PM
As Nigeria clamps down on the proliferation of small arms and light weapons, it's going after the Russians.
- Will Cybersecurity Order Do Enough To Deter Hackers?
February 20 2013 5:06 PM
Will President Obama's cybersecurity directive protect U.S. companies and networks from Chinese hackers?
- Will ‘Django Unchained’ Win Best Picture? In An N-Word: ‘No’
February 20 2013 4:50 PM
As Oscar predictions heat up for the 2013 Academy Awards, Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" may be undone by its frequent use of the N-word, which was barely used in Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln."
- Illegal Espionage - The Next Big Scandal In Spain
February 20 2013 6:03 AM
An illegal espionage scandal is heating up in Spain, where political corruption controversies were already in full swing.
- Has The Bleeding Stopped Yet At HP?
February 20 2013 6:02 AM
When Hewlett-Packard reports first-quarter results on Thursday, investors expect another decline. How much longer will revenue fall?
- Work Rules Issue May Trigger Longshoremen Strike
February 19 2013 1:26 PM
Optimism is fading that a strike by New York and New Jersey longshoremen can be avoided. Here's why.
- Japan's Currency Drops While Stock Market Pops
February 18 2013 10:44 AM
The yen plummets, the Nikkei pops and the world's G-20 finance leaders say "ho-hum" regarding Japan's forced currency devaluation.
- Will Mega-Dip Explain Dell's Rush To Mega-Buyout?
February 17 2013 9:34 AM
When Dell reports fourth-quarter results Tuesday, millions of customers might understand why Michael Dell wants a $24.4 billion buyout.
- Journalists Take A Stand Against Washington Redskins' Name
February 15 2013 2:26 PM
Debate over the name and logo of the Washington Redskins NFL franchise has raged on for 20 years. Many journalists are taking a stand by refusing to print the name.
- What's Up For Dropbox, SugarSync, Exablox? IPO Or Acquisition?
February 15 2013 12:43 PM
Global digerati generate data they store on Dropbox, Box, Sugar Sync and others. Are they IPO-worthy?
- CNN’s Cruise Ship Coverage Won't Float Jeff Zucker’s Boat
February 15 2013 11:52 AM
CNN's continuous coverage of the stranded Carnival Cruise Line ship Triumphant on Thursday was mocked as overkill. Is this a preview of Jeff Zucker's grand plan?
- Dow Jones Industrial Average A Lock To Hit 17,000 In 2013? Not So Fast ...
February 15 2013 8:40 AM
The Dow has vectored toward 14,000, but investors in U.S. stocks would be wise to keep one eye on Washington and one on the price of oil.
- NYFW Recap: Designers Go International
February 14 2013 3:35 PM
The biggest trends from designers at New York Fashion Week for Fall 2013 was an international outlook.