- Will Mega-Dip Explain Dell's Rush To Mega-Buyout?
February 17 2013 9:34 AM
When Dell reports fourth-quarter results Tuesday, millions of customers might understand why Michael Dell wants a $24.4 billion buyout.
- Journalists Take A Stand Against Washington Redskins' Name
February 15 2013 2:26 PM
Debate over the name and logo of the Washington Redskins NFL franchise has raged on for 20 years. Many journalists are taking a stand by refusing to print the name.
- What's Up For Dropbox, SugarSync, Exablox? IPO Or Acquisition?
February 15 2013 12:43 PM
Global digerati generate data they store on Dropbox, Box, Sugar Sync and others. Are they IPO-worthy?
- CNN’s Cruise Ship Coverage Won't Float Jeff Zucker’s Boat
February 15 2013 11:52 AM
CNN's continuous coverage of the stranded Carnival Cruise Line ship Triumphant on Thursday was mocked as overkill. Is this a preview of Jeff Zucker's grand plan?
- Dow Jones Industrial Average A Lock To Hit 17,000 In 2013? Not So Fast ...
February 15 2013 8:40 AM
The Dow has vectored toward 14,000, but investors in U.S. stocks would be wise to keep one eye on Washington and one on the price of oil.
- NYFW Recap: Designers Go International
February 14 2013 3:35 PM
The biggest trends from designers at New York Fashion Week for Fall 2013 was an international outlook.
- Can Chambers Keep Up The Momentum At Cisco?
February 14 2013 12:12 PM
Now that Cisco Systems posted its first quarter of solid income gains with a new formula, is it paying off?
- Where Valentine’s Day Is Banned, Lovers Defy The Law
February 14 2013 5:55 AM
Brave couples still celebrate in countries, such as Iran and Saudi Arabia, that have outlawed the holiday.
- Christopher Dorner, The Unlikely Gun Control Advocate
February 13 2013 2:11 PM
The Southern California ex-policeman killer wanted to ban, well, guns -- and found strong, if not exactly sane, words to say it.
- Tech Sector Hails Cybersecurity, Visa Reform Push
February 13 2013 1:43 PM
The technology sector welcomed Obama's initiatives on cybersecurity, but there was one notable omission: offshore cash.
- Kenya Seeks Progress, Fears Violence As Presidential Election Nears
February 13 2013 9:08 AM
Kenya will elect a new president on March 4, but fears of ethnic divisions and bloody clashes loom large.
- Obama Sets Ambitious Liberal Agenda
February 13 2013 12:26 AM
Obama challenged Republicans on several fronts by outlining his vision for America in his 2013 State of the Union address.
- Obama Speaks: Tech Sector's Top 3 Items
February 12 2013 4:47 PM
When President Barack Obama delivers his State of the Union address, the technology sector will be listening for three key items.
- State Of The Union: Rubio And Paul Wrestle For The GOP’s Soul
February 12 2013 1:52 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky will offer two separate responses to President Obama's State of the Union address on Tuesday.
- Politics And The Pope: The Troubled Resignation Of Benedict XVI
February 12 2013 5:53 AM
Pope Benedict XVI announced his retirement on Monday, a surprise move that hints at trouble in the Vatican.
- Cisco 2Q Earnings Likely To Rise With Shift To Software
February 11 2013 3:38 PM
When Cisco Systems reports second-quarter results, investors expect marginally higher earnings on increased revenue.
- Considering That Dream House? 6 Tips For US Home Buyers
February 11 2013 5:57 AM
For many reasons, this is not “your father’s U.S. housing market,” hence buyers should consider these 6 tips before placing a home deposit.
- Factual Flubs Could Assassinate ‘Lincoln’ At Oscars
February 09 2013 10:47 AM
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln," which was penned by Tony Kushner, is in the running for a 2013 Best Picture Academy Award, but controversy surrounding factual errors could hurt its chances.
- The Last Frontier For Polio: Militants Fighting Medicine In Nigeria
February 08 2013 4:07 PM
The end of polio could be close at hand -- unless militants like the ones in Nigeria continue to derail efforts.
- As China Imports Timber Illegally, Mozambique Pays The Price
February 08 2013 10:10 AM
Illegal exchanges of Mozambique timber to China threaten to hamper development in the former, one of the poorest countries on Earth.