- RIM's BlackBerry 10 Ready In Bet-The-Company Strategy
January 30 2013 9:19 AM
After two years of waiting, a shakeup and near collapse, Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) finally unveiled the BlackBerry 10 on Wednesday.
- How Did Facebook Handle 4Q Ads And Gifts?
January 29 2013 3:58 PM
A year ago this week, Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) filed its IPO. Now, for the first time, the company will report fourth-quarter results.
- ‘Movie 43’ Director Is A Sore Loser, And He’s Not Alone
January 29 2013 12:24 PM
Peter Farrelly, director of the critically panned "Movie 43," lashed out at critics on Twitter. The days when filmmakers would remain silent in the face of negative reviews are over.
- With Amazon's 4Q Earnings Report, Outlook Will Be The Key
January 29 2013 12:08 PM
When Amazon.com reports fourth-quarter results later Tuesday, investors expect the company will return to profitable operations.
- Facing Continental Threats, African Union Summit Fails To Deliver Answers
January 28 2013 6:06 PM
The 20th summit of the African Union came to a close in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia with most problems unresolved.
- 'Star Trek' Vs. 'Star Wars': Is JJ Abrams A Traitor?
January 28 2013 1:48 PM
Director J.J. Abrams will be the first person in history to take command of "Star Wars" and "Star Trek," two of science fiction's most enduring franchises. Can he please fans of both?
- Yahoo 4Q Earnings Preview - Is CEO Mayer Moving Fast Enough?
January 28 2013 11:37 AM
When Yahoo reports fourth-quarter results late Mon., investors expect an improvement but wonder if the new CEO is doing enough.
- Cuban Online Access Crawls Toward 21st Century, But Not There Yet
January 25 2013 11:36 PM
Cuba now has high-speed access to the Internet, but it is far from reaching the vast majority of the public.
- Clinton-Obama? Don’t Get Too Excited (Yet)
January 25 2013 5:12 PM
President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton are sitting down for their first-ever joint interview on CBS' "60 Minutes."
- Nokia Profitable, But Scraps Dividend
January 25 2013 5:55 AM
Nokia Oyj (NYSE:NOK), the one-time king of the smartphone market, has finally returned to profit, the company reported.
- Understanding Mali: A Primer For A Complex Counterinsurgency
January 24 2013 12:06 PM
Here's a "who's who" to understanding the people, places and issues surrounding the Islamist counterinsurgency in Mali.
- Apple Investors Concerned Steve Jobs' Idea Factory Is Losing Steam
January 24 2013 12:02 PM
Shares of Apple fell as much as 12.4% in Thursday trading, erasing more than $50 billion in its market value.
- Intervention In Mali Heightens Security Risk In France
January 23 2013 5:42 PM
France is facing a new domestic security threat as jihadists in Mali threaten a terrorist retaliation.
- Silver’s Win Streak Hits Seven, Gold Futures Dip
January 23 2013 3:59 PM
Precious metals were mixed on Wednesday despite a slight rise in the U.S. dollar against a composite of foreign currencies. COMEX gold futures – per the February contract – settled lower by $6.50, or 0.4%, at $1,686.70 per ounce. Silver futures fared quite better, however, as the COMEX March contract finished higher by $0.26, or 0.8%, at $32.44 per ounce. In doing so, silver posted its seventh consecutive daily advance.
- Why Would Microsoft Invest In A Dell Buyout?
January 23 2013 2:54 PM
Why would Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) invest in a buyout of Dell (NASDAQ:DELL)? Better return plus customer support.
- Daily Summary on USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, AUD, CAD and NZD
January 23 2013 1:13 PM
Sterling recovers from near 5-month low on BoE minutes, UK jobs data - Yen’s three-day gain best since June 2012 - Bank of Canada left interest rates unchanged; Canada’s dollar at two month low
- Silver Bars Being Secured By HSBC – Buy $876 Million Worth From Poland
January 23 2013 10:16 AM
Gold climbed $6.40 or 0.4% in New York yesterday and closed at $1,690.50/oz. Silver slipped to $31.79 in London, but it then climbed to a high of $32.34 in New York and finished with a gain of 1%.
- AT&T 4Q Earnings Preview: Profits To Rise As Wireless Keeps Gaining
January 23 2013 5:53 AM
AT&T is expected to report substantially higher fourth-quarter earnings despite slightly lower revenue, due to wireless sector gains.
- Mali Refugees Face Dire Prospects As Conflict Continues
January 23 2013 5:50 AM
Hundreds of thousands of people have been displaced by the conflict in Mali, and it's only getting worse.
- Western Powers Rally Behind French Intervention In Mali
January 22 2013 4:10 PM
Logistical support from the U.S., UK and other Western powers is beefing up French capabilities in Mali.