- Politics And The Pope: The Troubled Resignation Of Benedict XVI
February 12 2013 5:53 AM
Pope Benedict XVI announced his retirement on Monday, a surprise move that hints at trouble in the Vatican.
- Cisco 2Q Earnings Likely To Rise With Shift To Software
February 11 2013 3:38 PM
When Cisco Systems reports second-quarter results, investors expect marginally higher earnings on increased revenue.
- Considering That Dream House? 6 Tips For US Home Buyers
February 11 2013 5:57 AM
For many reasons, this is not “your father’s U.S. housing market,” hence buyers should consider these 6 tips before placing a home deposit.
- Factual Flubs Could Assassinate ‘Lincoln’ At Oscars
February 09 2013 10:47 AM
Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln," which was penned by Tony Kushner, is in the running for a 2013 Best Picture Academy Award, but controversy surrounding factual errors could hurt its chances.
- The Last Frontier For Polio: Militants Fighting Medicine In Nigeria
February 08 2013 4:07 PM
The end of polio could be close at hand -- unless militants like the ones in Nigeria continue to derail efforts.
- As China Imports Timber Illegally, Mozambique Pays The Price
February 08 2013 10:10 AM
Illegal exchanges of Mozambique timber to China threaten to hamper development in the former, one of the poorest countries on Earth.
- US Economy Ended 2012 Up, Not Falling, As Initially Announced
February 08 2013 9:36 AM
Strong petroleum product exports and falling crude oil imports helped make December's trade deficit surprisingly small.
- Apple's Cash Pile: Sitting Duck For Activist Investors Like Einhorn
February 07 2013 3:16 PM
The challenge faced by Apple from David Einhorn differs from earlier battles over Yahoo and AOL.
- Republicans Still Trust Fox News -- Conservatives, Not So Much
February 07 2013 2:59 PM
A new survey from the Public Policy Polling shows Fox News' credibility at a record low. The drop was most pronounced among conservatives, even as Republicans remained loyal to the network.
- Ancient Rome In Libya: Suppressed History Resurfaces [PHOTOS]
February 07 2013 1:17 PM
In Libya, ruins from the ancient empires of Greece and Rome have been hidden in plain sight for decades.
- Does Dell's Deal Signal Others Going Private?
February 06 2013 4:00 PM
Now that Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) has announced its $24.4 billion leveraged buyout, the fifth-largest ever, are more tech buyouts ahead?
- Sprint Expected To Post Bigger 4Q Loss As SoftBank Takeover Nears
February 06 2013 12:00 PM
Sprint-Nextel (NYSE:S) will report another fourth-quarter loss Wednesday as investors await news on the SoftBank Corp. (TYO:9984) merger.
- Uranium Mines Fuel Power For France, Disputes For Niger
February 06 2013 8:47 AM
France has been mining Niger's uranium for many years, and now the poverty-stricken West African country is demanding a fairer share.
- Evasion Issues: How To Fix Weather App Crashing Bug On iPhone
February 06 2013 6:14 AM
While Pod2g and Planetbeing are readying an updated package to Cydia that would fix the Weather app crashing issue, there’s also a manual fix for the same.
- Little PC Sector Impact Seen From Dell Buyout
February 05 2013 4:02 PM
Tablets are already changing the PC sector, so Dell going private may not have much impact overall.
- For $24.4 Billion, Who Else Might Want To Take Over Dell?
February 05 2013 12:42 PM
As the 45-day clock starts ticking on the deal for Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), is there another company that might step up to offer more?
- Why Did Dell Sell His Baby To Silver Lake? To Buy Time
February 05 2013 11:35 AM
Unless a higher bid emerges, Dell will soon become a private company, managed by Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners. Why?
- TD Ameritrade's IMX Index Measures Retail Investor Sentiment
February 04 2013 2:53 PM
Steve Quirk, TD Ameritrade's Senior VP, appeared on CNBC's Halftime Report earlier to detail the company's new indicator. The indicator, called the IMX Index, measures the sentiment of the company's retail clients. TD Ameritrade is one of America's biggest brokerages for retail investors. The IMX Index measures what TD Ameritrade's clients are actually doing in the market. Rather than just watching fund flows into mutual accounts, the IMX Index can paint a more accurate picture.
- Can You Find A House Buyer Quicker? 5 Tips For US Home Sellers
February 04 2013 5:30 AM
The U.S. housing market remains a challenging one, but there are several tactics sellers can deploy that should help sell their home quicker.
- Gambian President Lets Public Workers Take Friday Off … Forever!
February 02 2013 11:09 AM
Yahya Jammeh, president of Gambia, has decreed that public sector workers can skip Fridays and take three-day weekends, indefinitely.