- US Economy Ended 2012 Up, Not Falling, As Initially Announced
February 08 2013 9:36 AM
Strong petroleum product exports and falling crude oil imports helped make December's trade deficit surprisingly small.
- Apple's Cash Pile: Sitting Duck For Activist Investors Like Einhorn
February 07 2013 3:16 PM
The challenge faced by Apple from David Einhorn differs from earlier battles over Yahoo and AOL.
- Republicans Still Trust Fox News -- Conservatives, Not So Much
February 07 2013 2:59 PM
A new survey from the Public Policy Polling shows Fox News' credibility at a record low. The drop was most pronounced among conservatives, even as Republicans remained loyal to the network.
- Ancient Rome In Libya: Suppressed History Resurfaces [PHOTOS]
February 07 2013 1:17 PM
In Libya, ruins from the ancient empires of Greece and Rome have been hidden in plain sight for decades.
- Does Dell's Deal Signal Others Going Private?
February 06 2013 4:00 PM
Now that Dell (NASDAQ:DELL) has announced its $24.4 billion leveraged buyout, the fifth-largest ever, are more tech buyouts ahead?
- Sprint Expected To Post Bigger 4Q Loss As SoftBank Takeover Nears
February 06 2013 12:00 PM
Sprint-Nextel (NYSE:S) will report another fourth-quarter loss Wednesday as investors await news on the SoftBank Corp. (TYO:9984) merger.
- Uranium Mines Fuel Power For France, Disputes For Niger
February 06 2013 8:47 AM
France has been mining Niger's uranium for many years, and now the poverty-stricken West African country is demanding a fairer share.
- Evasion Issues: How To Fix Weather App Crashing Bug On iPhone
February 06 2013 6:14 AM
While Pod2g and Planetbeing are readying an updated package to Cydia that would fix the Weather app crashing issue, there’s also a manual fix for the same.
- Little PC Sector Impact Seen From Dell Buyout
February 05 2013 4:02 PM
Tablets are already changing the PC sector, so Dell going private may not have much impact overall.
- For $24.4 Billion, Who Else Might Want To Take Over Dell?
February 05 2013 12:42 PM
As the 45-day clock starts ticking on the deal for Dell (NASDAQ:DELL), is there another company that might step up to offer more?
- Why Did Dell Sell His Baby To Silver Lake? To Buy Time
February 05 2013 11:35 AM
Unless a higher bid emerges, Dell will soon become a private company, managed by Michael Dell and Silver Lake Partners. Why?
- TD Ameritrade's IMX Index Measures Retail Investor Sentiment
February 04 2013 2:53 PM
Steve Quirk, TD Ameritrade's Senior VP, appeared on CNBC's Halftime Report earlier to detail the company's new indicator. The indicator, called the IMX Index, measures the sentiment of the company's retail clients. TD Ameritrade is one of America's biggest brokerages for retail investors. The IMX Index measures what TD Ameritrade's clients are actually doing in the market. Rather than just watching fund flows into mutual accounts, the IMX Index can paint a more accurate picture.
- Can You Find A House Buyer Quicker? 5 Tips For US Home Sellers
February 04 2013 5:30 AM
The U.S. housing market remains a challenging one, but there are several tactics sellers can deploy that should help sell their home quicker.
- Gambian President Lets Public Workers Take Friday Off … Forever!
February 02 2013 11:09 AM
Yahya Jammeh, president of Gambia, has decreed that public sector workers can skip Fridays and take three-day weekends, indefinitely.
- Seeking Justice For Unpaid Interns, One Lawsuit At A Time
February 01 2013 5:44 PM
A New York lawyer is recruiting a nationwide network of attorneys to file lawsuits on behalf of unpaid interns. While unpaid internships are common, many violate the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Mission Accomplished For France, But The Future's Uncertain For Mali
February 01 2013 5:36 PM
As France's president visits Mali's officials, questions remain about what will happen after French troops return home.
- US 4Q Earnings Top Wall Street Expectations
February 01 2013 11:13 AM
Two-thirds of US companies that have reported fourth-quarter results have beaten analyst expectations.
- Three To Tango? Uruguay Cuts In On Falkland Islands Dispute
January 31 2013 3:25 PM
As if Argentina and the United Kingdom weren't enough, now Uruguay has staked its own claim of ownership of the Falkland Islands.
- Will RIM Prosper Changing Its Name To BlackBerry?
January 31 2013 12:55 PM
When Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) introduced the BlackBerry 10, it also announced a name change. A mistake?
- Colgate-Palmolive's Emerging Markets Focus Lifts 2012 Profits, Outlook
January 31 2013 12:19 PM
Latin America contributed nearly 30 percent of Colgate-Palmolive's 2012 sales while North America contributed less than 20 percent.