- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.
- Why Don’t Reality Stars Qualify For The Walk Of Fame?
October 21 2013 2:53 PM
The Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee said Kim Kardashian doesn’t qualify for immortalization, but is that consistent with its own guidelines?
- Auto Review: BMW M6 Gran Coupe Is Far More Car Than Meets The Eye
October 18 2013 6:19 PM
Don't judge the new BMW M6 Gran Coupe by its classic good looks alone.
- US Government Shutdown Ends And Fox News Is Angry (It Loved The Ratings)
October 17 2013 1:22 PM
The U.S. government shutdown was a PR bloodbath for Republicans, but it hasn’t hurt the party’s biggest cheerleader.
- Phillip Roth Did Not Win The Nobel Prize For Literature, You Fools
October 11 2013 4:46 PM
Tablet magazine confused and alienated some readers with its fake announcement that Philip Roth had won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- So-Called US Trucker Protest Fueled By Anti-Obama Venom
October 10 2013 3:51 PM
The trucking industry has fiercely condemned “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” which is less about civil disobedience than a deep hatred of President Obama.
- For Peacekeepers In Congo, Fighting M23 Was Just The Beginning
October 07 2013 1:38 PM
U.N. forces embroiled in the civil war in the Congo have two new foes: One is tied to Rwanda, and the other is an Islamist group.
- What If The Miley-Sinead Feud Is All A Hoax?
October 04 2013 3:03 PM
Leading up to her appearance on “SNL” this Saturday, Miley Cyrus has been in an escalating public feud with Sinead O’Connor. Can you blame us for being suspicious?
- A Toothless ‘Revenge Porn’ Law Leaves Out Selfies
October 02 2013 6:36 PM
A new California law meant to combat revenge porn only applies to photos taken by the perpetrator.
- Backlash Against Vengeful Texter Reveals Folly Of Online Reviews
September 27 2013 2:36 PM
After her text-breakup revenge story went viral, a Washington gadabout saw her memoir critically savaged. Should Amazon care?
- Catholic Fringe Group: Girls Don’t Belong In College
September 25 2013 3:58 PM
After telling parents not to send their daughters to college, Raylan Alleman, founder of Fix the Family, is receiving a harsh blowback.
- Goodbye Greek Forests, Hello Hotels
September 25 2013 10:02 AM
Greece may pass laws that will allow the acquisition of private and even protected lands or forests for businesses.
- Conservatives Irate Over Kenya Headlines Neglecting Islam
September 23 2013 5:26 PM
Based on a cursory review of 10 newspapers, the right-wing watchdog Media Research Center has determined that journalists are purposely avoiding the word “Islam” in reports about the Kenya mall attack.
- After Westgate: What The Terrorist Attack Means For Kenya
September 23 2013 9:25 AM
Kenya was already facing political, economic and social challenges before this weekend's tragedy.
- The Host With No Ghosts: Why NPH Is Impervious To Controversy
September 22 2013 8:12 AM
No matter what the debate, Neil Patrick Harris, who hosts the 2013 Emmy Awards show on Sunday, always comes out on top.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.
- This Was CNN: With ‘Crossfire’ Fading, Jeff Zucker Could Have A Problem
September 19 2013 6:18 PM
Ratings continue to struggle at the once-pioneering cable news network, despite high hopes for recent additions such as “Crossfire” and “New Day.” Can anyone turn things around?
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- Racists Shamed Off Twitter Following Ignorant Miss America Insults
September 16 2013 3:47 PM
After their racially charged tweets about Nina Davuluri went viral, several Twitter users have deleted their accounts in the wake of a public shaming campaign.