- 'Parenthood' And Failed Marriages: The Secret Of The Show's Success?
November 15 2013 3:06 PM
So far in season 5 of 'Parenthood,' two marriages and one engagement are on the rocks. Does the show owe its success to the failure of its relationships?
- Millennials Get An Opera, But Will They Tweet About It?
November 08 2013 8:18 PM
“Two Boys,” a tale of teenage angst and online deception, is luring young people to the Met Opera. Will they come back?
- Republicans Refuse To Accept Obama’s 'Non-Apology'
November 08 2013 3:05 PM
Asked about gaps in the new health care law, President Obama responded with a perfectly reasoned expression of regret. And then the right pounced.
- Who Owns New York City Now?
November 04 2013 12:27 PM
As Bill de Blasio and Joe Lhota square off, meet the lobbyists and special interests staking their claim in the post-Bloomberg era.
- Ray Kelly Booed Off College Campus: Liberal Intolerance Run Amok?
October 30 2013 5:07 PM
Conservatives say an unruly protest at Brown University is indicative of liberal intolerance on college campuses. Critics counter that Ray Kelly’s lecture was tantamount to an endorsement of stop and frisk.
- The Best Halloween Party Ideas 2013
October 29 2013 7:02 PM
IBTimes scares up some of the best Halloween party ideas for kids, teens, adults and everyone else.
- From Screen To Stage: ‘Big Fish’ And The New Broadway Ecosystem
October 24 2013 9:09 AM
Can Broadway keep borrowing from Hollywood without losing its cultural cache? The musical adaptation of Tim Burton’s whimsical 2003 film may provide a clue.
- Condé Nast Kills Internships, And Critics Say Good Riddance
October 23 2013 1:49 PM
Condé Nast will discontinue its internship program - further questioning the legal validity of such programs in the for-profit sector.
- Pastor: If You Buy ‘Lesbian’ Girl Scout Cookies, Communists Will Take Over
October 22 2013 11:47 AM
A Christian radio host on Monday pleaded with his listeners not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, which he said promote a damaging feminist agenda.
- Why Don’t Reality Stars Qualify For The Walk Of Fame?
October 21 2013 2:53 PM
The Hollywood Walk of Fame Committee said Kim Kardashian doesn’t qualify for immortalization, but is that consistent with its own guidelines?
- Auto Review: BMW M6 Gran Coupe Is Far More Car Than Meets The Eye
October 18 2013 6:19 PM
Don't judge the new BMW M6 Gran Coupe by its classic good looks alone.
- US Government Shutdown Ends And Fox News Is Angry (It Loved The Ratings)
October 17 2013 1:22 PM
The U.S. government shutdown was a PR bloodbath for Republicans, but it hasn’t hurt the party’s biggest cheerleader.
- Phillip Roth Did Not Win The Nobel Prize For Literature, You Fools
October 11 2013 4:46 PM
Tablet magazine confused and alienated some readers with its fake announcement that Philip Roth had won the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- So-Called US Trucker Protest Fueled By Anti-Obama Venom
October 10 2013 3:51 PM
The trucking industry has fiercely condemned “Truckers Ride for the Constitution,” which is less about civil disobedience than a deep hatred of President Obama.
- For Peacekeepers In Congo, Fighting M23 Was Just The Beginning
October 07 2013 1:38 PM
U.N. forces embroiled in the civil war in the Congo have two new foes: One is tied to Rwanda, and the other is an Islamist group.
- What If The Miley-Sinead Feud Is All A Hoax?
October 04 2013 3:03 PM
Leading up to her appearance on “SNL” this Saturday, Miley Cyrus has been in an escalating public feud with Sinead O’Connor. Can you blame us for being suspicious?
- A Toothless ‘Revenge Porn’ Law Leaves Out Selfies
October 02 2013 6:36 PM
A new California law meant to combat revenge porn only applies to photos taken by the perpetrator.
- Backlash Against Vengeful Texter Reveals Folly Of Online Reviews
September 27 2013 2:36 PM
After her text-breakup revenge story went viral, a Washington gadabout saw her memoir critically savaged. Should Amazon care?
- Catholic Fringe Group: Girls Don’t Belong In College
September 25 2013 3:58 PM
After telling parents not to send their daughters to college, Raylan Alleman, founder of Fix the Family, is receiving a harsh blowback.
- Goodbye Greek Forests, Hello Hotels
September 25 2013 10:02 AM
Greece may pass laws that will allow the acquisition of private and even protected lands or forests for businesses.