- Conservatives Irate Over Kenya Headlines Neglecting Islam
September 23 2013 5:26 PM
Based on a cursory review of 10 newspapers, the right-wing watchdog Media Research Center has determined that journalists are purposely avoiding the word “Islam” in reports about the Kenya mall attack.
- After Westgate: What The Terrorist Attack Means For Kenya
September 23 2013 9:25 AM
Kenya was already facing political, economic and social challenges before this weekend's tragedy.
- The Host With No Ghosts: Why NPH Is Impervious To Controversy
September 22 2013 8:12 AM
No matter what the debate, Neil Patrick Harris, who hosts the 2013 Emmy Awards show on Sunday, always comes out on top.
- Searching For Food Stamps? Here’s An Ad For Wendy’s
September 20 2013 3:20 PM
As House Republicans voted to slash the food-stamp program, Twitter searches for “food stamps” brought promoted tweets from SpaghettiOs, Campbell’s Soup and major restaurant chains.
- This Was CNN: With ‘Crossfire’ Fading, Jeff Zucker Could Have A Problem
September 19 2013 6:18 PM
Ratings continue to struggle at the once-pioneering cable news network, despite high hopes for recent additions such as “Crossfire” and “New Day.” Can anyone turn things around?
- Gun Lovers Lose Their Cool Over Henry Winkler’s Navy Yard Tweet
September 16 2013 7:09 PM
Former “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time politicizing the mass shooting in Washington on Monday, while pro-gun advocates fired back with political tweets of their own.
- Racists Shamed Off Twitter Following Ignorant Miss America Insults
September 16 2013 3:47 PM
After their racially charged tweets about Nina Davuluri went viral, several Twitter users have deleted their accounts in the wake of a public shaming campaign.
- Easy Money: Is GoFundMe Too Lax For Its Own Good?
September 14 2013 12:22 PM
With its loose guidelines, GoFundMe urges users to donate only to people they know and trust. But doesn’t that defeat the whole purpose of crowd-funding?
- Africa’s Economy On Cusp Of Giga-GDP Growth
September 13 2013 12:03 PM
This may be Africa’s moment: Consider that mining may be one of the least of its many potentially lucrative assets and attributes.
- NYC Mayoral Hopeful Bill Thompson Eyes Runoff, But Will It Hurt Democratic Ticket?
September 12 2013 8:15 PM
Bill Thompson is insisting that every vote be counted in the Democratic mayoral primary, despite increasing support for frontrunner Bill de Blasio.
- Dogfight: Inside The National Movement To Outlaw Pet Stores
September 07 2013 9:02 AM
San Diego has joined more than 24 U.S. municipalities in banning the retail sale of dogs: Progress for pup welfare or animal rights gone rabid?
- In Myanmar, Foreign Firms Have More Responsibility Than Just Making Money
September 03 2013 1:16 PM
Foreign investors should also shoulder the responsibility of improving the lives of the Myanmar people.
- Conservatives To Fast Food Strikers: Shut Up And Get Real Jobs
August 29 2013 5:45 PM
In the wake of a nationwide strike by service employees, critics countered that minimum-wage workers should simply “get better jobs” if they want to make more than $7.25 an hour.
- The War On Comments: Have The Trolls Already Won?
August 29 2013 3:56 PM
As Huffington Post plans to abolish anonymity, other publishers look for new ways to fight trolls and keep online comments civil.
- Why The Rupee Has Free Fallen To A Record Low
August 28 2013 3:39 PM
The makings of India's unprecedented currency collapse are basically home-grown.
- The Fed Won't Stop Spiking The Punch Bowl Just Yet
August 27 2013 1:01 PM
Doubts are growing about the ability of the U.S. economy to maintain its rather modest recovery, and that may delay Fed stimulus removal.
- NYC Newspapers Endorse Bloomberg, Er, Quinn For Mayor
August 26 2013 2:49 PM
Mayoral hopeful Christine Quinn landed endorsements form three of New York City’s major newspapers, all of which cited a need to stay on the 12-year course plotted out by Michael Bloomberg.
- The Best MTV Video Music Awards Drinking Games
August 24 2013 9:31 AM
IBTimes culls together the best drinking games for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which take place on Sunday at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
- How Much Is NSA Surveillance Costing The US Economy?
August 23 2013 10:17 PM
American tech firms could lose their dominance over privacy concerns. So why is the U.S. squelching innovation in the name of security?
- Are New Samsung Chromebooks On Their Way?
August 15 2013 12:17 PM
Amazon briefly cut the price on the Samsung Chromebook (XE303C12). Does the act herald a new laptop running the Chrome OS from Samsung?