- Africa’s Economy On Cusp Of Giga-GDP Growth
September 13 2013 12:03 PM
This may be Africa’s moment: Consider that mining may be one of the least of its many potentially lucrative assets and attributes.
- NYC Mayoral Hopeful Bill Thompson Eyes Runoff, But Will It Hurt Democratic Ticket?
September 12 2013 8:15 PM
Bill Thompson is insisting that every vote be counted in the Democratic mayoral primary, despite increasing support for frontrunner Bill de Blasio.
- Dogfight: Inside The National Movement To Outlaw Pet Stores
September 07 2013 9:02 AM
San Diego has joined more than 24 U.S. municipalities in banning the retail sale of dogs: Progress for pup welfare or animal rights gone rabid?
- In Myanmar, Foreign Firms Have More Responsibility Than Just Making Money
September 03 2013 1:16 PM
Foreign investors should also shoulder the responsibility of improving the lives of the Myanmar people.
- Conservatives To Fast Food Strikers: Shut Up And Get Real Jobs
August 29 2013 5:45 PM
In the wake of a nationwide strike by service employees, critics countered that minimum-wage workers should simply “get better jobs” if they want to make more than $7.25 an hour.
- The War On Comments: Have The Trolls Already Won?
August 29 2013 3:56 PM
As Huffington Post plans to abolish anonymity, other publishers look for new ways to fight trolls and keep online comments civil.
- Why The Rupee Has Free Fallen To A Record Low
August 28 2013 3:39 PM
The makings of India's unprecedented currency collapse are basically home-grown.
- The Fed Won't Stop Spiking The Punch Bowl Just Yet
August 27 2013 1:01 PM
Doubts are growing about the ability of the U.S. economy to maintain its rather modest recovery, and that may delay Fed stimulus removal.
- NYC Newspapers Endorse Bloomberg, Er, Quinn For Mayor
August 26 2013 2:49 PM
Mayoral hopeful Christine Quinn landed endorsements form three of New York City’s major newspapers, all of which cited a need to stay on the 12-year course plotted out by Michael Bloomberg.
- The Best MTV Video Music Awards Drinking Games
August 24 2013 9:31 AM
IBTimes culls together the best drinking games for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards, which take place on Sunday at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
- How Much Is NSA Surveillance Costing The US Economy?
August 23 2013 10:17 PM
American tech firms could lose their dominance over privacy concerns. So why is the U.S. squelching innovation in the name of security?
- Are New Samsung Chromebooks On Their Way?
August 15 2013 12:17 PM
Amazon briefly cut the price on the Samsung Chromebook (XE303C12). Does the act herald a new laptop running the Chrome OS from Samsung?
- Publishers Targeting Gender Is 'Outmoded' Concept, Says Verge EIC
August 14 2013 7:21 PM
Bryan Goldberg raised $6.5 million for his women's website, Bustle.com, and immediately angered his target audience with presumptions about what women want to read.
- Legal Victory For Voyeuristic ‘Neighbors’ Photographer
August 06 2013 4:10 PM
The parents of two small children who were unwittingly featured in the controversial “Neighbors” exhibit were denied a preliminary injunction that would have prevented photographer Arne Svenson from displaying or distributing the photographs.
- Media Applauds Huma Abedin, But Does She Deserve It?
July 24 2013 1:48 PM
The ongoing sideshow that is Anthony Weiner’s New York City mayoral bid is fostering a groundswell of media sympathy for Weiner’s wife, Huma Abedin, who stood by his side once again during a Tuesday press conference.
- Why Can’t Broadcast Networks Make Great TV Dramas?
July 23 2013 11:24 AM
For the second year in a row, the Big Four broadcasters were completely shut out of Emmy’s coveted Outstanding Drama Series category. Should network TV give up on serious drama?
- Gold On A Tear This Month
July 23 2013 6:41 AM
Temperatures are not the only thing sizzling in New York this summer; just stop by the Comex and watch the price of gold.
- McDonald's Disappointing Q2 Earnings Aren't Its Fault
July 22 2013 10:37 AM
That said, Q2 revenue was sluggish, at best, and Wall Street did not respond well.
- In Africa, Gay Rights Activism Can Be Fatal
July 22 2013 7:36 AM
Cameroonian LGBT activist Eric Lembembe was brutally and mysteriously killed last week.
- PS4 Release Date Likely This November
July 20 2013 9:36 AM
Sony has not announced a release date for the PS4, but the console is available for preorder on BestBuy.com with a revealing November pick up date.