- Good News Is Good News; So-So News Is Good News, Too
June 14 2013 5:12 PM
Indicators such as consumer confidence and initial jobless claims are trending positively overall, even if mixed week to week.
- Are The Sudans Still Fighting About Oil? Not Exactly
June 14 2013 3:22 PM
Abyei, a conflicted, oil-rich region, is at the heart of a fresh battle between Sudan and South Sudan.
- Critics Demand Obama’s Impeachment, Just As They Did His Predecessors’
June 12 2013 2:03 PM
Amid scandals, politicians and activists are calling for Obama's impeachment, echoing similar efforts for almost every president since Nixon.
- When Is A Blogger Not A Blogger?
June 07 2013 5:30 PM
A New York Times profile of the Guardian's Glenn Greenwald, who broke a major domestic surveillance story this week, repeatedly refers to him as a blogger, not a reporter. Was it a subtle attempt to denigrate him?
- Bottoms Up: Best Tony Awards Drinking Games
June 07 2013 5:03 PM
IBTimes highlights the best Tony Awards drinking games on the Web. Neil Patrick Harris hosts the 67th Annual Tony Awards on Sunday at 8:00 p.m.
- Fed Likely To Wind Down Bond Buying: Analysis
June 07 2013 1:29 PM
The May jobs report suggests the economy is stronger than it was nine months ago when the Fed launched its third round of monetary easing.
- Journalists Nitpick NY Times Op-Ed Amid Surveillance Scandal
June 07 2013 12:16 PM
A New York Times op-ed about the Obama administration’s surveillance scandals caused a bit of controversy after it was changed without comment, but was the change unethical?
- The Sunnylands Summit: An Opportunity For Xi And Obama
June 07 2013 5:37 AM
A meeting between President Barack Obama and Chinese President Xi Jinping could set the tone for a new economic dynamic.
- Lobbyists Helped Neuter Connecticut GMO Labeling Law
June 06 2013 4:57 PM
An "army of lobbyists" led by Monsanto Company helped convince Connecticut lawmakers to water down the nation's first GMO labeling law.
- Myanmar Could Quadruple Economy, But Only If Reform Comes Now
June 05 2013 5:46 AM
With the right policies, Myanmar could experience incredible economic growth -- but the opportunity won't last for long.
- How Zynga Is Like The Titanic, Your Last Breakup, Or A Remora Fish
June 03 2013 8:03 PM
Zynga relied too much on Facebook.
- Why Are Obama And Congress Ignoring Unemployment?
June 01 2013 10:01 AM
Unemployment remains high across the United States, but President Barack Obama and Congress seem to have forgotten all about it.
- ‘After Earth’ Could Be M. Night Shyamalan’s Career Apocalypse
May 31 2013 5:19 PM
Another year, another critical shellacking for M. Night Shyamalan. Following Shyamalan’s dismal reviews for the Will Smith/Jaden Smith actioner “After Earth,” will producers finally stop taking chances on the once-promising auteur?
- Can The US Afford To Pay For A Syrian Intervention?
May 31 2013 9:13 AM
If the United States intervenes in Syria, the cost of a no-fly zone might be more than the American public bargained for.
- Africa Is A Net Creditor To The World: Why That's Not Good News
May 30 2013 12:54 PM
The illicit outflow of assets from Africa actually exceeds the amount of aid and investment coming in, says a new report.
- This Is Why Zosia Mamet’s Kickstarter Is Failing
May 29 2013 3:17 PM
Zosia Mamet, one of the stars of HBO’s hit show “Girls,” is trying to raise $32,000 on Kickstarter to fund a music video. So far, few are biting.
- Two Years After Revolution, Whatever Happened To Libyan Oil?
May 24 2013 10:20 PM
In post-Gadhafi Libya, energy companies are struggling to gain a new foothold.
- New Cayman Government, Same Cayman Hedge Fund Rules
May 23 2013 2:24 PM
A new party is poised to take control of the elite tax haven. But business as usual is likely to go on for hedge funds based there.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- 'Monsanto Protection Act 2.0' Rears Its Head
May 17 2013 2:13 PM
The Agriculture Committee passed an amendment to the 2013 Farm Bill that could limit states' power.