- Will Zimmerman Profit From Trayvon’s Death?
July 15 2013 3:00 PM
Following Saturday’s not guilty verdict, everyone and anyone connected with the high-profile George Zimmerman trial may be tempted to cash in on the case. Will Zimmerman be one of them?
- Coke University: When Did Big Junk Food Hijack Nutrition Education?
July 12 2013 10:05 PM
Weaning the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics off junk-food money may prove just as challenging as weaning Americans off junk food.
- At JPMorgan, Jamie Dimon Has Proven Himself A Survivor
July 12 2013 1:54 PM
In May, some investors wanted Jamie Dimon barred from holding chairman and CEO titles. Since then, he's proven why he kept them.
- Badge Of Dishonor: Is Anybody Surprised That ‘The Lone Ranger’ Flopped?
July 08 2013 6:45 PM
Even with Johnny Depp, “The Lone Ranger” shot blanks at the box office, showing the risks of rebooting a radio-era franchise.
- Media’s Plane Crash Coverage Stirs Flying Fears
July 08 2013 2:52 PM
Media outlets worked overtime this holiday weekend covering the crash landing of Asiana Airlines Flight 214, but does wall-to-wall coverage help or hurt in disaster recovery?
- Rachel Maddow’s Ratings Sink, And Fox News Is Still Untouchable
July 03 2013 2:03 PM
According to quarterly ratings released this week by Nielsen, MSNBC’s average primetime viewers were down 16 percent. Rachel Maddow logged her lowest month since her show debuted.
- Egypt’s Ultimatum: As Protests Rage, What Are Morsi’s Options?
July 02 2013 12:39 PM
As the Egyptian military issues an ultimatum and ministers resign, will President Morsi step down?
- Victims Of Libyan Terrorism Endure Long Wait For Justice
June 29 2013 1:49 PM
For those who lost loved ones to terrorism sponsored by Moammar Gadhafi, the wait for compensation has been long.
- The Last 3 Months Have Been Brutal For Gold Investors: What's Next?
June 28 2013 9:53 PM
Gold rallied on the last day of the second quarter, but it was a case of too little, too late.
- Jeff Zucker’s First 6 Months: ‘New Day’ But Same Old Image For CNN
June 27 2013 5:05 PM
“New Day,” CNN's new morning show, featuring Chris Cuomo, Kate Bolduan and Michaela Pereira, is off to a sluggish start in the ratings.
- Mad Woman: Q&A With Shelly Lazarus Of Ogilvy & Mather
June 27 2013 12:36 PM
Shelly Lazarus, chairman emeritus of Ogilvy & Mather, discusses management philosophies, the future of advertising, and why “Mad Men” moves a little slow for her taste.
- Watch Your Back, China: India Creeps Up On African Resources
June 27 2013 5:45 AM
In China's shadow, India -- the other emerging Asian superpower -- is making moves in Africa.
- Obama, Fashionably Late, Aims To Bolster Trade With Africa
June 26 2013 5:56 AM
Obama's visit to Africa this week could spur American economic partnerships in the region, at long last.
- IBTimes CEO On Digital Business Journalism And Its Challenges
June 25 2013 11:39 AM
Etienne Uzac co-founded International Business Times as a global-news website alternative to the “established business media."
- Can Don Draper’s Confection Confession Help The Hershey Brand?
June 24 2013 6:14 PM
Hershey’s chocolate bar served as a the focal point of a key scene in “Mad Men’s” season-six finale, but will Don Draper’s whorehouse confession help or hurt the Hershey brand?
- Twitter Pounces On Yahoo Reporter Following Obama Birthplace Error
June 24 2013 3:40 PM
Rachel Rose Hartman, a White House reporter for Yahoo News, incorrectly referred to Kenya as the country of President Barack Obama’s birth. Despite a correction, a mob of angry Twitter users think she should be out of a job.
- Why Online Privacy Still Matters, And How You Can Get It Back
June 21 2013 9:22 PM
The recent NSA surveillance scandal signals a major downside to online tracking. Could private search engines be the answer?
- United Arab Emirates Brings Winds Of Change To A Sinking African Archipelago
June 19 2013 5:48 AM
The UAE is funding clean energy, but eight new wind turbines in the Seychelles can’t stop the water from rising.
- Libya, Armed And Dangerous, Exports War On The Black Market
June 18 2013 5:47 AM
Libya may have more weapons than the British army arsenal. What does that mean for Syria?
- Good News Is Good News; So-So News Is Good News, Too
June 14 2013 5:12 PM
Indicators such as consumer confidence and initial jobless claims are trending positively overall, even if mixed week to week.