- Jill Stein, Green Party Candidate, Arrested Outside Debate [VIDEO]
October 16 2012 7:08 PM
Jill Stein, Green Party candidate for president, was arrested and removed from Hofstra University hours before the Presidential debate.
- NHL Offers 50-50 Share of Hockey-Related Revenue, Nov. 2 Start of the Season
October 16 2012 6:43 PM
In an attempt to save the season, the National Hockey League has offered a 50-50 split of all hockey-related revenue with the NHL players’ association. With the offer on the table, the league hopes to start a full 82-game season on Nov. 2.
- As Networks Intertwine, Companies May Create Bigger Targets
October 14 2012 9:40 AM
Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta warned of a possible “cyber-Pearl Harbor,” but ever-bigger networks provide targets.
- 2012 Presidential Election: Obama Still Leads
October 07 2012 7:23 PM
The 2012 U.S. presidential race roughly one month before Election Day remains where it was on Memorial Day: advantage Obama.
- HP, Meg Whitman, And The (Really) Long Haul
October 07 2012 9:24 AM
HP's CEO Meg Whitman thinks the company can turn itself around by 2016. But HP, or parts of it, could become takeover targets.
- Can RIM Survive Onslaught Of IPhone 5, Android, Windows?
September 30 2012 9:42 AM
RIM reported encouraging results, but it's still gambling BlackBerry 10 can be finished before cash needs force alternatives.
- Review: 2013 Nissan 370Z Roadster - Fun To Drive
September 26 2012 8:01 AM
In review, the 2013 Nissan 370Z Roadster Touring shines as a value-for-money sports car.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad: The Ugly Iranian
September 25 2012 12:14 PM
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has again appeared at a U.N. General Assembly in New York, spewing an inflammatory speech and generally outraged and alienated anyone within hearing distance.
- Want To Cash In On Apple? Buy Cheaper Plays
September 23 2012 1:13 PM
With Apple at $700, these stocks are cheaper iPhone 5 opportunities: Sprint, Jabil, Corning, ARM Holdings.
- iPhone 5 Plays Cheaper Than Buying Apple Stock
September 21 2012 4:43 PM
Don't want to buy Apple at $700? Here are other stocks for riding the iPhone 5 wave.
- Kate Middleton: Innocent Victim Of Crass Vulgarity
September 21 2012 12:46 PM
Kate Middleton has been victimized, perhaps irrevocably, by the publication of her topless photos.
- A Day In The Life: The Morning Ritual In A Coffee Shop
September 20 2012 9:32 AM
Watching people, I wonder and speculate about who they are, what they do for a living, what their lives are like, and what they worry about?
- Tim Tebow to Run for President after NFL Career?
September 19 2012 11:31 AM
Tim Tebow has not ruled the possibility of running for political office. Will he look to enter the presidential election when his NFL career is over?
- Bob Dylan Is Insane Or Senile (Or Both)
September 19 2012 8:41 AM
Dylan comes across as incoherent, hostile, self-pitying and, well, not too bright
- Occupy Wall Street - Passé Or Canary In A Coal Mine?
September 16 2012 11:32 AM
The Occupy Wall Street protest movement is expected to resume Monday, on the 1-year anniversary of the protests. Is the coalition passé and irrelevant? Or is it a canary in a coalmine - an indicator of worsening economic and social problems in the United States?
- Technology Focus: Zuck's Good Week Without Changing Name To 'Facebook Mobile'
September 16 2012 10:02 AM
Facebook (Nasdaq: FB), the No. 1 social networking site, had a good week: its shares vaulted 15 percent after CEO Mark Zuckerberg appeared at a forum in San Francisco where he acknowledged mistakes. Now, with Instagram tucked in and commitments for search and mobile, is it a time for another look at half price?
- Kate Middleton Topless Photos: The Annihilation Of Privacy And Decency
September 14 2012 2:16 PM
Kate Middleton is not just anyone. She is the wife of the future King of England – and her privacy has been violated in one of the worst ways imaginable. Having her topless photos published in a magazine is a grave breach of decency.
- Romney’s Tax Plan: Bush’s Tax Plan On Steroids
September 09 2012 12:24 PM
Gov. Mitt Romney's tax plan is President George W. Bush's tax plan on steroids: it cuts taxes on upper-income adults and the uber-rich, and vectors the U.S. budget deficit to even higher levels.
- Technology Focus: Amazon’s Bezos Disrupts Again, Devises Apple Challenge
September 09 2012 10:17 AM
Chances are there few personalities as creative, disruptive and rich in the technology sector as Jeff Bezos, the founding CEO of Amazon.com Inc. (Nasdaq: AMZN), the No. 1 e-retailer. He's put Borders Books out of business and could even put Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) in its place.
- The Middle-Class And The Death Of Culture
September 07 2012 11:10 AM
Culture in America is dead, largely because the middle-class does not care about such things.