- For Tech Sector, 2013 Looks Like Another Rough Ride
November 18 2012 10:07 AM
We should have known: 2012 has been the Year of the Dragon. Too bad it's followed by the Year of the Snake.
- Who's Next For LIPA? Gerstner? Suozzi? Zarb? Petraeus?
November 14 2012 9:41 AM
The collapsed LIPA needs a new boss. Are former heads of IBM, Nassau County and the CIA candidates?
- Euro Zone Crisis: Europe Now Experiencing Sub-National Demands For Political Autonomy
November 11 2012 4:32 PM
The EU is now witnessing regional demands for greater political autonomy secession – demands that can only weaken continental unity.
- Technology Focus: Implications Of Superstorm Sandy
November 11 2012 10:02 AM
Living on Long Island for the past two weeks has been a nightmare. Put simply: There's no power. There's got to be a better way.
- Presidential 2012 Poll: An Upper East Side Story
November 06 2012 2:48 PM
My neighborhood will likely vote for Barack Obama over Mitt Romney -- but the enthusiasm for the president seems to have dissipated after four years.
- Why Is Long Island In The Dark? Because We Didn't Plan For It
November 05 2012 3:44 PM
How could Superstorm Sandy have plunged 90 percent of us into the dark, displaced thousands and caused misery: complacency.
- Technology Sector Benefits From Obama's Record And Promise
November 04 2012 10:08 AM
There's little doubt the technology sector would be better off if Barack Obama is re-elected as President and Joe Biden as Vice President.
- Gas Shortage: Hurricane Sandy Reveals US’s Vulnerability To Gasoline/Diesel Supply Disruption
November 03 2012 4:28 PM
First, the U.S. must help every person hurt by Hurricane Sandy. Second, the nation must end its gasoline/diesel supply vulnerability.
- 5 Things To Know From Tech Earnings In The Third Quarter
October 28 2012 10:12 AM
Five keys to technology earnings: the strongest thrive, cash is king, get customers to use products more, look behind scenes.
- AIG Boss Finds US Ungrateful
October 22 2012 5:14 PM
The CEO of American International Group recently complained he didn't get a "thank you" after his company repaid the bailout loan.
- Malala: Role Model For Western Girls
October 22 2012 9:10 AM
Malala Yousafzai, has emerged as the face of a new Pakistan.
- Windows 8 Is Here: Can It Save Microsoft?
October 21 2012 9:46 AM
This week, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) finally ships Windows 8, the OS the company claims is its biggest product in 17 years.