- Barack Obama: Future Billionaire?
September 05 2012 6:39 AM
I am fascinated by what the future holds for President Barack Obama.
- Kal Penn Vs. Nikki Haley: Battle Of The Indian-American Political Proxies
September 04 2012 1:13 PM
Indians actually share the values promulgated by the Republican Party rather than the Democrats whom they usually vote for.
- Technology Focus: Who Benefits From Big Data? Big Guns IBM, Oracle, HP, EMC
September 02 2012 10:08 AM
You don’t have to be a genius to determine that in a world of petabytes of data, projected 2012 sales of 367.2 million PCs, 107.4 million tablets and 650 million smartphones, a few smart companies are going to prosper: HP (NYSE: HPQ), IBM (NYSE: IBM), Oracle (Nasdaq: ORCL) and EMC.(NYSE: EMC).
- Technology Focus: How To Label Tech In 2012? A-n-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-i-o-n
August 26 2012 9:56 AM
Now that 2012 is two-thirds over, it’s already time to label it, like the Asians do. Unlike 4709, it’s not the Year of the Dragon. It’s the Year of Anticipation.
- Obese Americans: The Most Neglected And Despised ‘Minority Group’
August 23 2012 6:53 AM
All told, the number of ‘fat’ Americans far surpasses those of any racial, ethnic or religious minority.
- Ex-Us Weekly Editor Janice Min Ironically Complains Of Unfair Post-Baby Body Standards
August 21 2012 5:03 PM
Janice Min, the entertainment editor credited with helping Us Weekly "feed a hunger for celebrity," is outraged by the scrutiny of post-pregnancy female bodies. There's one-very big -- problem with that.
- Ayn Rand: Her Economic Views, Backed By Paul Ryan, Would Result In A US Dystopia
August 19 2012 10:48 AM
Though he denies it today, presumptive Republican Party vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan?s primary economic and fiscal influence was Ayn Rand, an extremely conservative thinker whose flawed economic and social theories were only outdone in perniciousness by her utter disregard for society and the common good.
- Technology Focus: Why Apple And Samsung Should Settle Now
August 19 2012 10:03 AM
After three weeks of testimony, the case of Apple Inc. (Nasdaq: AAPL) vs. Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. (Seoul: 005930) is over. U.S. District Court Judge Lucy Koh could instruct the nine-member civil jury in San Jose, Calif., as early as Tuesday The parties should settle first.
- Michael Jordan: The Most Boring Superstar In History
August 17 2012 8:32 AM
He has always been disappointingly awkward, uncharismatic and uninteresting.
- 3 Reasons The 3-Martini Lunch Could Fix the Economy, Improve Your Work and Open New Horizons
August 14 2012 9:30 AM
The three-martini lunch has gone out of vogue in the last fifty years, but maybe, just maybe, it's time to return to the time-honored, vermouth and gin soaked tradition of the 1940s, 50s and 60s.
- Beauty, Self-Regard And Women's Liberation In The 21st Century
August 14 2012 8:28 AM
Women are still judged and evaluated primarily on their looks.
- Red Hook Summer: Another Bloated Mess From Spike Lee
August 13 2012 8:50 AM
I have no idea what “Red Hook Summer” is about -- it is about many things, or about nothing (I'm pretty sure Spike Lee doesn't know either).