- Romney’s VP Pick - Its Likely Impact On The 2012 Presidential Election
August 12 2012 2:54 PM
Republican Party presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s selection of U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., as his running mate is an attempt to re-structure the 2012 campaign’s debate so that it conforms to the Tea Party’s agenda - but it's one that will not change the election’s outcome.
- Technology Focus: Curiosity On Mars Another Legacy Of JFK
August 12 2012 10:04 AM
Last week’s successful landing of the Mars Science Laboratory, better-known as Curiosity, represented a triumph in aeronautical and electrical engineering. Now the nine-foot, six-wheeled rover will use its instruments to make “Mars-shaking” discoveries in geology, meteorology and chemistry.
- Sikh Massacre: The ‘Model Minority’ Argument
August 10 2012 8:55 AM
Would the expressions of grief be as widespread and deep if neo-Nazi Wade Michael Page had shot up a camp filled with illegal aliens from Mexico?
- Boston Celtics News: Why Doc Rivers Is A Better Coach Than People Think
August 08 2012 1:21 PM
Boston Celtics head coach Doc Rivers is one of the best in the NBA. Often criticized at first, he’s made the Celtics perennial contenders in the league, along with teams like the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers.
- Why Bloomberg's Plan for More New York City Taxis Is Stupid
August 07 2012 12:46 PM
New York City's Bloomberg administration and the NYC Taxi & Limousine Commission are embarking on a stupid plan to expand the taxi fleet as a way of plugging holes in the 2013 budget.
- Globalization: The Economic Structural Changes Continue
August 06 2012 11:50 AM
Globalization -- basically, free markets and the transfer of jobs to lower-cost labor/production centers -- has lifted more than 1 billion people out of poverty. However, globalization, at least initially, also contains a contradiction that, in time, could undermine not only the uniting of markets, but trade and global GDP growth itself.
- Marilyn Monroe: Fifty Years Later, Still The Greatest Star On The Planet
August 05 2012 4:23 PM
Marilyn is as great a legend as this country as ever produced – she shares eternal life with such luminaries as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, John Wayne and Louis Armstrong.
- Chick Fil-A: A Sad, Sorry, Pathetic Spectacle For All Parties Concerned (HOLD FOR SUN AM)
August 05 2012 8:19 AM
Not only did this represent a grave violation of fair trade practices, but it also smacked of a naked ploy to consolidate their political bases (who, no doubt, agree with their views anyway).
- Gore Vidal: The Last American Intellectual
August 01 2012 12:20 PM
Vidal?s life was so extraordinary that its scope and magnitude beggars belief.
- India Blackout Shows Urgent Need For Infrastructure Spending Boost
July 31 2012 2:15 PM
India is still a Third World country and needs to spend mightily on infrastructure to become the superpower it aspires to.
- Technology Focus: Hedging Bets In High Tech For Yahoo, AOL, HP
July 22 2012 10:10 AM
Internet users and investors were heartened last week when Yahoo (Nasdaq: YHOO), elected Marissa Mayer, 37, as its third CEO in less than a year. A hedge fund gets part of the credit but not all hedge funds score as well in the tech sector: how about Eastman Kodak (Pink: EKDKQ)?
- US’s Tepid GDP Growth Requires More Action To Increase It
July 21 2012 1:47 PM
Investors can monitor five stats to obtain a reading on the U.S. economy’s strength. Currently, these stats show a slowdown in U.S. GDP growth, which is why Congress should do more to create jobs and help increase the economy’s growth rate.