- What On Earth Is A ?White Muslim??
July 06 2012 11:25 AM
There are, in fact, tens of millions of Muslims around the world who are ?white? -- and no one would bother to call them ?white Muslims.?
- Actually, Monsieur, Crime In The Bronx Has Been Steadily Falling
July 02 2012 11:40 AM
Violent crime rates in the Bronx have been dropping for the past two decades -- as they have in New York City as a whole and many other U.S. big cities.
- Lakers Trade Rumors: Dwight Howard Likely to be Traded to Los Angeles
July 02 2012 11:15 AM
Where will Howard play the 2012-13 NBA Season?
- The Great Society Lives - Supreme Court Health Care Ruling A Victory For All Americans
July 01 2012 1:51 PM
One hundred years after former President Teddy Roosevelt first proposed it, the United States -- the richest nation on earth -- has finally joined the world?s other, major, industrialized economies in having a universal health insurance plan.
- Technology Focus: Products, Events Of The Year: 1st Half 2012
July 01 2012 10:18 AM
Now that we?ve passed through the first half of 2012, it?s time to reflect on some technology events and anticipate what might be ahead. Maybe we can make a few predictions.
- Technology Focus: Still Waiting For Digital Wallets
June 24 2012 9:56 AM
In the 1950s, a consumer who wanted to buy eyeglasses borrowed $40 from the bank. Fast-forward to 2012: how about using your digital wallet to buy those glasses with your mobile phone? Maybe later this year.
- Moody's to Global Leaders: Stop Threatening Your Banks With Capitalism
June 22 2012 1:25 PM
Thursday's downgrade contained a veiled threat that pointed at politicians in Germany, the United Kingdom, France and the United States and plainly stated, Stop talking about making the banks responsible for their own follies -- or else.
- South Asian Taxi Drivers: Victims And Perpetrators Of Racism
June 22 2012 6:41 AM
South Asian taxi drivers not only have a very hard and thankless profession, but they are caught in a vortex of prejudice in which they are both the victim and perpetrators of racism and discrimination.
- NBA Finals: Why the Miami Heat Must Win Game 5 to Win the Title
June 21 2012 3:30 PM
If Miami loses on Thursday, there will be an immense amount of pressure on them to close out the series
- Why Do Black Americans Embrace Arabs And Reject Israel?
June 20 2012 1:45 PM
Arab racism against black people is deeply-rooted and stretches back centuries.
- Requiem For The Supercar: Last Days For Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, Lamborghini Aventador?
June 18 2012 12:32 PM
We are living at the end of an era, during the swan song of greatness, the twilight years of a golden age, the last days of the great supercars, ultra-high horsepower paeans to driving: the Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Huayra, McLaren MP4-12C, Lamborghini Aventador, Ferrari F12 Berlinetta. They may all soon be replaced by electric cars and hybrids.
- Paul McCartney Turns 70: Yesterday, No Tomorrow
June 18 2012 12:09 PM
Rock 'n' roll musicians, by definition, cannot (and should not) age.