Organic gardening is one of the popular methods in creating beautiful and all natural-garden. This has been preferred by many homeowners since it has tons of environmental and health benefits.
Since organic gardening eliminates the use of chemical compounds and salts as fertilizers, the incidence of pollution will be greatly decreased. Besides, they are known to change the quality of soil. The buildup could cause change in pH and other components that could also alter the quality of plants you produce. Aside from that, pesticide is eliminated. If you were growing a vegetable garden, this could be a good thing since the food you bring into your table is safer to eat. As a result, there is no exposure to pesticide, which could predispose to various kinds of illness.
It can be very exciting to start your organic garden. It may require extra effort in your part since you would not be using chemicals to kill pests, accelerate growth or even produce overgrown fruits but you can still produce a perfect garden of your own.
Here are some tips to start one:
- The first thing you can do is to generally create a plot. Doing this will guide you on how your garden would look like, at the same time help you determine how big it will be.
- Then identify the areas to use. You have to find an area suitable for the kind of plant you want to have. Perhaps, know where the sunlight is. Determine if the area is prone to flooding. Check the presence of pests that could possibly destroy the plants.
- Once you have gotten everything in order, you need to test your soil. The best way to test it is through using a testing kit. You could actually send it to your agricultural department so that you can obtain thorough information about the pH of the soil, as well as its nutrient composition.
- Start cleaning the area. It is important that you remove all sorts of pests like weeds to avoid competition in terms of nutrients. Hence, you can perform mulching after having pulled out all weeds. Rake the soil.
- Do not forget to put compost on the soil. This is an organic fertilizer that you can use to enrich your land. This method allows you to save money on fertilizers because you can make them on your own. It is just as a matter of accumulating leaves, trimmings, kitchen scraps and manure.
- After you have prepared the soil, it is time to dig. Dig where you want to plant. The depth should be dependent on the type of plant you chose.
- Do not forget to water your plants. According to experts it is best that you water it in the morning to avoid dampness of soil or easy water loss from evaporation. When you do this, make sure you hit the roots.
- If your plants get pest, you may use organic pesticides. Farmers have developed this kind of formula with the use of Bacillus thuringiensis. Or you can use herbs to keep them away.
Article From Real Estate Pro Articles