- FSA Says It Advanced In Damascus Battles
July 21 2014 6:08 PM
For the first time in months, Free Syrian Army rebels made advances near the capital, a move that could gain them status with the U.S.
- Your Airline Tickets Just Got Pricier
July 21 2014 10:43 AM
An increase in the TSA's Sept. 11 security fee went into effect Monday.
- Anti-Amnesty Protests Nationwide Call For Tighter Border Control
July 19 2014 5:19 PM
"We've been invaded. It's a war."
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- Not The First Time A Civilian Jet Is Shot Down By Missile
July 17 2014 4:45 PM
Missiles launched from the ground or the air have brought down civilian aircraft several times before, intentionally or by mistake.
- What Happens To Your Facebook When You Die?
July 17 2014 4:23 PM
Privacy advocates have clashed with upset relatives in trying to find an answer that works for all concerned.
- GM Believes Some Cars With Faulty Switches Are Safe: Reuters
July 17 2014 1:30 AM
GM has recalled nearly 15 million cars this year over switch issues.
- Training Libyan Soldiers May Not Be Working As Planned
July 16 2014 6:39 PM
Libyan soldiers are receiving training from Italy, United Kingdom and Turkey, but often use it to fight for militias instead.
- Unlocking Your Cellphone To Change Carriers May Become Legal Again
July 16 2014 5:51 PM
A bill passed by the United States Senate may legalize cellphone unlocking again.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- Why Chinese Hackers Have Started To Think Small
July 16 2014 12:31 PM
A recent report said Chinese hackers have gone off the beaten path to choose which U.S. government agencies to target this year.
- White House Outlines Climate Initiatives For Local Governments
July 16 2014 10:21 AM
A White House climate change task force on Wednesday unveiled a slate of proposals to help localities prepare for global warming effects.
- Obama Government Seeks Legislation To Curb Corporate Tax Flight
July 16 2014 2:54 AM
Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew on Tuesday urged Congress to clamp down on inversion deals, calling them an "abuse of our tax system."
- Activist's Detention Escalates Immigration Tensions
July 15 2014 5:08 PM
The detention of the well-known activist puts a harsh spotlight on U.S. government actions over a low-priority case.
- Twitter Account Finds Congress Anonymously Edited JFK's Assassination Wiki Article
July 15 2014 1:57 PM
Conspiracy theory? Twitter account says Congress edited the Wikipedia page on JFK's assassination.
- Is The IRS Really Driving Americans To Renounce Citizenship?
July 15 2014 11:39 AM
A recent poll shows more American expats are thinking about renouncing citizenship to avoid harsh new tax laws.
- US Sends First Flight Of Women And Children Back To Honduras
July 14 2014 10:36 PM
The migrants were the first wave processed in new facilities through the Obama administration's expedited deportation process.
- How US Deportation Policies Helped Crime Fester in Central America
July 14 2014 4:49 PM
The violent gangs pervading Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador first formed in Los Angeles prisons.
- Where Do The Billions Of Dollars In US Foreign Aid Go?
July 11 2014 4:18 PM
U.S. foreign aid has been the subject of recent criticism. IBTimes tracked where it has been going and what it is being spent on.
- Boehner's Lawsuit Against Obama Will Focus On Obamacare
July 10 2014 9:49 PM
After criticizing the president on his use of executive orders, Boehner released a statement saying his lawsuit will focus on only one of Obama's 182 actions.