- What November's Solid US Job Growth Means For The Fed
December 06 2013 9:32 AM
The Fed is looking for momentum in the economy and a budget deal to start to reduce stimulus. Was November's job gain enough?
- Dems To Obama: Pause Deportation, If You Want Immigration Reform Progress
December 05 2013 6:28 PM
Democratic lawmakers wrote the president, saying that stopping deportations will boost their coalition's efforts in Congress.
- Budget Deal, Farm Bill Top Congress List, But There Isn't Enough Time
December 05 2013 2:08 PM
The 113th Congress adjourns soon with no immediate fiscal deadlines, but its to-do list is pretty hefty.
- Where Will US Fast-Food Workers Go On Strike Today?
December 05 2013 5:23 AM
Here’s a map of the 100+ U.S. cities where fast-food workers plan to go on strike.
- Pentagon To Reduce Staff By 20%, Sequester Could Trigger More Cuts
December 05 2013 2:01 AM
Further staff reductions cannot be ruled out as Congress debates 2014 spending bill.
- Empty Your Pockets Please: House To TSA
December 04 2013 3:36 AM
A new bill requires the TSA to fork over loose change collected at airport security to programs supporting military personnel.
- 4 Alarmist Claims Of Obama's 'Tyranny'
December 03 2013 5:02 PM
The House Judiciary committee spent one day hearing claims that Obama may be acting outside the law and may be overthrown.
- Peña Nieto’s Very Busy First Year As President
December 03 2013 9:13 AM
Enrique Peña Nieto had an eventful first year at the helm of the second-biggest economy in Latin America.
- US House Judiciary Sets Hearings For Obama Acts GOP Finds Unconstitutional
December 03 2013 6:30 AM
House Republicans are ready for another attack on Obama, who they say is violating his oath to faithfully execute the laws.
- What Does The NYC Rail Crash Tell Us About State Of US Transit?
December 03 2013 6:20 AM
Are the U.S.'s commuter railroads just neglected death traps and should The Bronx death trap been spotted earlier?
- Cognizant To Hire 10,000 US Workers Over Next 3 Years
December 03 2013 1:35 AM
Will Cognizant's move to hire thousands of workers in the country appease critics concerned about the loss of American jobs?
- The ‘Tax In Disguise’ That Could Drive Airfares Up
December 02 2013 8:31 PM
An airline group distributed air sickness bags at a Washington airport Monday, asking fliers if higher taxes on air travel made them sick.
- Why Do Trains Jump The Tracks?
December 02 2013 3:44 PM
Human error isn't as common as you might think in train derailments.
- AFL-CIO Announces Support For Immigration Reform Fasters
November 27 2013 2:45 PM
National groups are helping activists turn up the pressure on congressional Republicans to vote on immigration reform.
- EXCLUSIVE: The VA Is Broken - Death, Medical Mistreatment And Worsening Woes At Veterans Affairs Facilities
November 27 2013 11:01 AM
Despite public outcry, anger in Congress and efforts to rein in the embattled VA, veterans care continues to worsen.
- How The US House Judiciary Committee Will Challenge Immigration, Obamacare
November 27 2013 9:20 AM
Republicans are going after the president for not faithfully executing laws, a strategy that dovetails the two issues.
- China's Abortion Issue: Making It Free For College Students
November 27 2013 7:19 AM
A People's Congress deputy is urging free abortions for Beijing college students as many now use unregulated clinics.
- Activist Heckles Obama To Stop Deportation
November 25 2013 4:22 PM
The president said passing immigration reform isn't as easy as shouting, and reiterated he can't take executive action by himself.
- Iran Nuclear Deal May Lead To More Sanctions From Congress
November 25 2013 12:04 PM
Many Congress members may in part be outraged by the secrecy of the negotiated deal with Iran.
- US Immigration Bill Stalls, But Path To Citizenship Support Remains
November 25 2013 11:51 AM
Most Americans favor granting citizenship to undocumented persons; but what's the probability of it passing in an election year?