- Military Docs 'Medicating Troops Into Oblivion'
April 19 2014 12:23 PM
After the recent Fort Hood shootings, experts point to massive overprescription of dangerous drug cocktails.
- Obama Signs Law To Ban Visas To Terrorist-Linked Envoys
April 19 2014 11:03 AM
According to an agreement, the U.S. is ordinarily obligated to grant visas to people invited to the United Nations headquarters.
- GM Says Recalled Cars Safe, But It Hasn't Tested For Knee-Bump Danger
April 17 2014 5:53 PM
The lack of testing for this undermines GM's claims that the cars are safe. In 2004, engineers complained the ignition switch could be turned off if the key was kneed.
- Record Turnout Midway Through India's Elections
April 17 2014 5:07 PM
Turnout was high in the key state of Karnataka -- 68 percent, vs. 59 in 2009 -- as voters chose between billionaires and anti-corruption crusaders.
- Out Of Office, Bloomberg Gets Even Tougher With NRA
April 16 2014 1:35 PM
Bloomberg's grassroots group will use the NRA's single-minded, single-issue strategy to take on the gun lobby.
- Outsourcing Firms Dominate Guest Worker Visa Program
April 16 2014 12:25 PM
IT outsourcing firms with Indian ties are flooding the U.S. guest worker application system to obtain the greatest share of guest worker visas.
- GM Seeks Court Protection Against Ignition Suits
April 16 2014 9:24 AM
The plaintiffs have alleged that they bought or leased General Motors vehicles that contained an ignition switch defect.
- McDonald’s Canada: A Guest Worker Program Under Scrutiny
April 14 2014 5:10 PM
Canadian franchise operators for the world's largest quick-service restaurant chain face accusations of preferring foreign temps over locals.
- Former US Marine Has Death Sentence Overturned In Iran For 10-Year Prison Term
April 12 2014 8:49 PM
The three-year-long saga could have a quick end if Hekmati's lawyer can convince Iranian officials to let the former Marine go.
- Iranians Reject US Visa Denial For UN Envoy [UPDATE]
April 11 2014 5:59 PM
Tehran vows legal action to secure position for Abutalebi, whose alleged role in the 1979 embassy take-over was a deal-breaker for US.
- Two Expensive Elections: US...And India
April 11 2014 12:54 PM
The $5 billion price tag for the Indian election will be about triple the amount of money spent during the 2009 general election.
- That Corner Of The World Where Marxism Is Thriving
April 10 2014 1:45 PM
The tiny northeastern Indian state of Tripura has been dominated by Communists for more than 60 years.
- India's Capital, New Delhi, Passes 52% Turnout As Election Continues
April 10 2014 8:47 AM
About 815 million voters are expected to vote in the country's largest elections to date by many measures, according to the Election Commission.
- What Russia Did Wrong In Boston Bomber Surveillance: Report
April 10 2014 5:40 AM
A report's findings that Russia withheld intelligence about the Boston Marathon bombing suspect could further strain U.S.-Russia ties.
- Bank Of America To Pay Record Fines, Give Refunds For Overcharging
April 10 2014 1:56 AM
In the CFPB's biggest settlement yet over credit-card malpractices, BAC will have to refund some 1.5 million customers.
- Congress' GM Probe Zeros In On Engineers
April 09 2014 8:51 PM
Lawmakers still do not know how GM engineers initially reacted to the problem or whether senior executives were made aware of it.
- Pro-GMO Bill Could Repeal Rules To Label GMOs In Food
April 09 2014 8:09 PM
Dubbed the “Safe and Accurate Food Labeling Act,” the bill would overrule 24 state laws requiring food manufacturers to label products containing GMOs.
- India's Elections Watched Warily By China
April 09 2014 1:55 PM
India’s border patrol policy is only one small part of its military readiness against China.
- Adulterous Louisiana Congressman Called A Homewrecker
April 08 2014 8:51 PM
Rep. Vance McAllister's team is trying to determine who leaked the video of him kissing Melissa Peacock.
- Deportations Hit Minor Offenders, Not Serious Criminals, Say Immigration Advocates
April 08 2014 3:18 PM
Independent studies appear to support complaints of a heavy-handed approach to deporting undocumented immigrants.