- Issa To Treasury IG: Congress Is No 'Whipping Boy'
May 22 2013 12:31 PM
Democrats attack the former IRS Commissioner, and the Republican chairman has some strong words too.
- IRS Official To Take The Fifth On Those Alleged 501(c)(4)s
May 21 2013 4:48 PM
Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS' tax-exempt application division, sparked a media frenzy when she issued an apology May 10.
- GMO Labeling Laws Take Center Stage
May 21 2013 9:17 AM
The battle over whether to label genetically modified foods (GMOs) in the U.S. rages at the state and federal level.
- Media Paint Rosy Picture For Indo-China Relations, Indian Public Wary
May 21 2013 7:11 AM
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang’s visit to India prompts the media to see a benign future for Indo-China relations. The Indian public remains wary, an independent survey says.
- 'Monsanto Protection Act' May Be Repealed
May 20 2013 5:14 PM
A U.S. senator is trying to repeal the "Monsanto Protection Act" via an amendment to the 2013 Farm Bill.
- Hero Cop, Who Sat Next To The First Lady, Charged With Rape
May 20 2013 8:25 AM
A retired Philadelphia police officer once hailed as a hero and sat next to the first lady during a presidential speech is being held on $60 million bail after being charged with rape, sexual assault, terroristic threats and related offenses.
- Ben S. Bernanke Speaks At Simon’s Rock Commencement
May 18 2013 10:49 PM
The U.S. Federal Reserve chairman delivered an address centered on "Economic Prospects for the Long Run," and here's what he had to say.
- Brazil’s Catholics, Evangelicals Vow To Oppose Gay Marriage
May 17 2013 5:14 PM
While Brazil celebrates the end of the ban on same-sex unions, certain parties openly oppose the measure.
- What NASA Has Learned From Failure
May 17 2013 2:50 PM
If NASA's Kepler telescope is taken out of commission thanks to a faulty gyroscopic wheel, it will be another learning experience for the agency.
- 'Monsanto Protection Act 2.0' Rears Its Head
May 17 2013 2:13 PM
The Agriculture Committee passed an amendment to the 2013 Farm Bill that could limit states' power.
- Scandal Has Damaged IRS Reputation: Outgoing Commish
May 17 2013 9:26 AM
The U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee has begun getting to the bottom of the IRS targeting of conservative groups.
- 2M To Lose Food Stamps Because Of Farm Bill
May 16 2013 3:26 PM
The House Agriculture Committee passed its 2013 farm bill, a monster worth nearly a trillion dollars -- you read that right.
- Obama: 'I Have Complete Confidence In Eric Holder As Attorney General'
May 16 2013 12:09 PM
Obama was asked about the AP phone records scandal, as well as pressing foreign affairs.
- Eric Holder-Darrell Issa Feud Escalates [VIDEO]
May 15 2013 7:38 PM
The attorney general also said he doesn't feel he gets the respect he deserves among some in Congress.
- IRS Commissioner Steps Down
May 15 2013 6:54 PM
President Barack Obama announced Wednesday that acting IRS Commissioner Steven T. Miller had stepped down in the face of simmering controversy.
- How Obama Can Survive The Triple Storm of IRS, AP, Benghazi Scandals
May 15 2013 2:51 PM
Obama's second-term agenda is stalled by the controversies, but it remains to be seen what the longer-term effects might be.
- Eric Holder Heckled At Start Of Judiciary Committee Hearing
May 15 2013 11:07 AM
The committee, which is dominated by Republicans, claims the Justice Department has been politicized.
- Benghazi Blunder: CNN Says ABC News Published Doctored Email
May 14 2013 4:03 PM
ABC News is facing criticism Tuesday following a Benghazi-related exclusive that, according to CNN, contains a doctored email.
- The Bottom Of Chinese Society: Migrant Workers And Their Temporary 'Marriages'
May 14 2013 3:35 PM
Migrant workers in China face a lonely existence far away from their families. Some are finding unusual ways to cope.
- Can Eric Holder Survive The AP Phone Scandal?
May 14 2013 3:25 PM
The attorney general said he recused himself from the leak investigation, but is the GOP skeptical about what he knows?