- Parks Officials Criticized On Wilderness Act's 50th
September 02 2014 6:09 PM
Environmental critics say the U.S. Congress and National Park Service aren't doing enough to protect national wilderness areas.
- Amid Occupy Central Protests in Hong Kong, Other Finance Hubs Appeal To Investors
September 02 2014 5:22 PM
As the Occupy Central movement takes hold in Hong Kong, experts ponder alternative finance hubs.
- 'Republicans ... Worse Than ISIL': Dem Candidate
September 02 2014 1:50 PM
"I am not saying that the Republican Party is beheading people in the streets, obviously," Jesse 'JT' Smith clarified.
- 19 Pro-Democracy Protesters Arrested In Hong Kong
September 02 2014 1:18 AM
The Occupy Central group is protesting China's latest decision to screen candidates for the next major elections in the city in 2017.
- Obama Pushes For Increase In Minimum Wage
September 01 2014 5:54 PM
President Obama says the U.S. shouldn't be rewarding companies that take profits and jobs overseas.
- Pro-Democracy Demonstrations Erupt In Hong Kong
September 01 2014 10:23 AM
Pepper spray was used to break up pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong over China's decision to vet candidates.
- Hong Kong Police Attack Pro-Democracy Activists With Pepper Spray
September 01 2014 5:43 AM
Occupy Central plans to intensify pro-democracy protests and shut down Hong Kong's financial district.
- China Rules Out Open Election For Chief In Hong Kong
August 31 2014 5:25 AM
Chinese authorities insist candidates running for the city's top post must be approved by a pro-Beijing committee.
- Strikes Against ISIS In Iraq Cost $7.5M Per Day: Pentagon
August 29 2014 2:13 PM
Estimates suggest that the U.S. government has spent about $500 million on the strikes since mid-June.
- Hong Kong Media Mogul Unbowed By Raid As Democracy Battle Boils
August 29 2014 6:24 AM
Jimmy Lai, who spent millions promoting the pro-democracy movement in Hong Kong, had his home raided by anti-corruption officers.
- Defeating ISIS Will Take A Regional Coalition -- And U.S. Doesn't Have Strategy Yet, Says Obama
August 28 2014 5:05 PM
Defeating the "cancer" will take a coalition of regional partners and a stabilization of the situation in Syria.
- Why Obama Will (Or Won't) Bomb ISIS In Syria
August 28 2014 2:30 PM
President Obama is considering airstrikes on ISIS targets in Syria. Here are five reasons why he will -- or will not -- authorize them.
- Obama Pursues 'Hybrid' Global Climate Treaty
August 27 2014 8:21 PM
The approach would allow Obama to sidestep Congress in joining a global pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- As Wars End, So Do US Defense Jobs
August 26 2014 12:36 PM
The end of a decade of war brings a large drop in workers at America's biggest defense companies. But the cuts may be over soon.
- Mozilla Unveils Firefox-Powered Phone For Indian Market
August 25 2014 12:49 PM
An open-source alternative to the corporate behemoths behind Android, iOS and Windows Phone
- Record Bank Of America Settlement To Cost Taxpayers
August 24 2014 5:45 PM
The Justice Department settlement with Bank of America failed to forbid BofA from deducting portions on its income tax, U.S. PIRG charges.
- Obama Pushes Export-Import Bank Renewal Via Business Owners
August 23 2014 4:36 PM
- Tourist Magnet Kerala Moves Toward Ban On Booze
August 22 2014 6:07 AM
Kerala, which boasts of India's highest literacy rate, is also the largest consumer of alcohol in the country.
- Bowe Bergdahl Prisoner Swap Illegal, Says Watchdog Office
August 21 2014 7:29 PM
The Government Accountability Office says the Pentagon acted illegally by not informing Congress of the prisoner swap with the Taliban.
- Airstrikes In Tripoli Kill 6, But It's Unclear Who Is Responsible
August 19 2014 3:57 PM
The Libyan capital was hit by an airstrike, but the Libyans said they aren't responsible, and no other nations admitted to striking Tripoli.