- As Wars End, So Do US Defense Jobs
August 26 2014 12:36 PM
The end of a decade of war brings a large drop in workers at America's biggest defense companies. But the cuts may be over soon.
- Mozilla Unveils Firefox-Powered Phone For Indian Market
August 25 2014 12:49 PM
An open-source alternative to the corporate behemoths behind Android, iOS and Windows Phone
- Record Bank Of America Settlement To Cost Taxpayers
August 24 2014 5:45 PM
The Justice Department settlement with Bank of America failed to forbid BofA from deducting portions on its income tax, U.S. PIRG charges.
- Obama Pushes Export-Import Bank Renewal Via Business Owners
August 23 2014 4:36 PM
- Tourist Magnet Kerala Moves Toward Ban On Booze
August 22 2014 6:07 AM
Kerala, which boasts of India's highest literacy rate, is also the largest consumer of alcohol in the country.
- Bowe Bergdahl Prisoner Swap Illegal, Says Watchdog Office
August 21 2014 7:29 PM
The Government Accountability Office says the Pentagon acted illegally by not informing Congress of the prisoner swap with the Taliban.
- Airstrikes In Tripoli Kill 6, But It's Unclear Who Is Responsible
August 19 2014 3:57 PM
The Libyan capital was hit by an airstrike, but the Libyans said they aren't responsible, and no other nations admitted to striking Tripoli.
- James Jeffords, Republican And Independent Senator, Dies
August 18 2014 3:58 PM
James Jeffords, a soft-spoken Vermonter whose defection from the Republican Party in 2001 created an unprecedented power shift in the U.S. Senate and gave Democrats control of the chamber for 18 months, died on Monday at age 80, his former aide said.
- White House OK'd Mosul Dam Airstrikes
August 17 2014 5:36 PM
President Obama says airstrikes are consistent with war powers act.
- How Many More Like Mike Brown?
August 15 2014 4:38 PM
The world knows Mike Brown’s story, but what we really don’t know is how many more like him have died at the hands of police.
- Thousands Gather To Honor Police Brutality Victims
August 14 2014 10:19 PM
Protesters across the country held a moment of silence in honor of Michael Brown and others on Thursday night.
- Ferguson Is A Safe City, So Why Do The Cops Look Like Military?
August 14 2014 4:53 PM
A federal program provides equipment from the Pentagon to local police agencies free of charge.
- 130 Additional Military Advisers Sent To Iraq
August 12 2014 10:35 PM
President Obama sent 130 additional military personnel to Erbil, where they will advise Kurdish and Iraqi forces.
- Déjà Vu In Iraq: New Intervention, Same Reasons
August 12 2014 9:52 PM
The reasons for U.S. airstrikes in Iraq are similar to those behind the 2003 invasion.
- 95% Of Expat Doctors Fled Liberia When Ebola Broke Out: Physician
August 07 2014 4:02 PM
A doctor who works in Liberia says West African countries need urgent intervention to fight Ebola or thousands could die.
- Obama To Sign $16.3B Veterans Spending Bill
August 06 2014 8:31 PM
President Barack Obama will travel to a military facility outside Washington on Thursday to sign a $16.3 billion plan to ease health care delays at Veterans Affairs facilities as he seeks to restore confidence in an agency tarnished by the problem.
- Opposition To Pot Reform = Big Money For Pharmaceuticals
August 06 2014 5:54 PM
Pharmaceutical companies are among the biggest supporters of lobby groups that challenge marijuana law reform.
- Ex-NSA Boss Says He's 'Just A Cyber Guy,' But Major Questions Abound
August 06 2014 1:04 PM
U.S. lawmakers have had to remind former NSA Director Keith Alexander that revealing secrets for profit is a felony.
- Mexican Media Condemn 'Gag Order' In Drug-Ridden Sinaloa
August 04 2014 12:42 PM
The outcry spurred state lawmakers to reconsider a law banning journalists from crime scenes.
- King Says Impeachment May Be In Order
August 03 2014 6:22 PM
King accuses Obama of pushing country toward constitutional crisis.