- Senate and House Tentatively Agree On $15 Billion For Ailing VA
July 28 2014 4:07 PM
The bill will allow vets to seek health care from private doctors on the governments' coin and hire new doctors so when vets do go to a VA hospital, they're seen.
- Congress Could Soon Repeal Human Trafficking Law
July 27 2014 3:59 PM
Two Texas lawmakers hope Congress will repeal a human-trafficking law before month-long break.
- Parents Of MH17 Victim Fatima Dyczynski Visit Crash Site
July 26 2014 2:37 PM
The engineering student's parents are the first family members to visit the MH17 crash site.
- Cruel And Unusual Punishment? We May Never Know
July 26 2014 2:13 PM
The latest prisoner execution gone horribly wrong brings more scrutiny to suppliers of lethal-injection drugs.
- New Jersey Governor 'Not High' On Colorado
July 25 2014 5:04 PM
With Denver's crime rate dropping, Chris Christie criticizes legal weed. Rand Paul, his probable 2016 GOP rival, promotes pot-policy reform.
- House Tells Obama: No Troops To Iraq Without Our Approval
July 25 2014 4:56 PM
In a landslide vote on Friday, the House said Obama can't send troops to Iraq in a "sustained combat role" without the approval of Congress.
- 'Inversion': Newest Buzzword At Wall St. And Washington Intersection
July 25 2014 2:16 PM
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew has demanded legislation to limit corporate tax inversions be implemented retroactively from May.
- US Climate Policy Unduly Influenced By 'Hollywood Elites': Senator
July 23 2014 3:38 PM
Wyoming's John Barrasso takes umbrage with the purported influence of “Hollywood elites” in crafting new EPA power plant rules.
- FSA Says It Advanced In Damascus Battles
July 21 2014 6:08 PM
For the first time in months, Free Syrian Army rebels made advances near the capital, a move that could gain them status with the U.S.
- Your Airline Tickets Just Got Pricier
July 21 2014 10:43 AM
An increase in the TSA's Sept. 11 security fee went into effect Monday.
- Anti-Amnesty Protests Nationwide Call For Tighter Border Control
July 19 2014 5:19 PM
"We've been invaded. It's a war."
- The Marijuana Industry Needs Banks, And Congress Is Listening
July 18 2014 2:10 PM
An amendment just passed by the House would make the cannabis industry a more attractive partner for financial institutions.
- Not The First Time A Civilian Jet Is Shot Down By Missile
July 17 2014 4:45 PM
Missiles launched from the ground or the air have brought down civilian aircraft several times before, intentionally or by mistake.
- What Happens To Your Facebook When You Die?
July 17 2014 4:23 PM
Privacy advocates have clashed with upset relatives in trying to find an answer that works for all concerned.
- GM Believes Some Cars With Faulty Switches Are Safe: Reuters
July 17 2014 1:30 AM
GM has recalled nearly 15 million cars this year over switch issues.
- Training Libyan Soldiers May Not Be Working As Planned
July 16 2014 6:39 PM
Libyan soldiers are receiving training from Italy, United Kingdom and Turkey, but often use it to fight for militias instead.
- Unlocking Your Cellphone To Change Carriers May Become Legal Again
July 16 2014 5:51 PM
A bill passed by the United States Senate may legalize cellphone unlocking again.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- Why Chinese Hackers Have Started To Think Small
July 16 2014 12:31 PM
A recent report said Chinese hackers have gone off the beaten path to choose which U.S. government agencies to target this year.
- White House Outlines Climate Initiatives For Local Governments
July 16 2014 10:21 AM
A White House climate change task force on Wednesday unveiled a slate of proposals to help localities prepare for global warming effects.