- Norquist To Congress: Reform Immigration For The Sake Of US Economy
June 19 2013 1:36 PM
Sen. Marco Rubio and anti-tax advocate Grover Norquist call the CBO's score of the immigration reform bill evidence it's an economic winner.
- House Passes Ban On Abortion After 20 Weeks
June 18 2013 7:42 PM
The House passed a ban after 20 weeks of pregnancy, a symbolic gift to conservatives that has zero chance of becoming law.
- Immigration Reform Bill Would Reduce Deficit By $175B: CBO
June 18 2013 5:49 PM
The nonpartisan entity says the Senate's "Gang of Eight's" immigration reform bill would save billions and reduce the deficit.
- Immigration Reform News: What's Inside U.S. Rep. Gowdy's Enforcement Bill
June 18 2013 4:52 PM
Take a look at what's inside the U.S. House immigration reform bill and see how Republicans want to toughen enforcement in America.
- Critics Say US House Immigration Safe Act Makes Communities Anything But
June 18 2013 1:41 PM
U.S. Rep. Trey Gowdy’s immigration bill is focused on interior enforcement and will be the first measure voted on by the House.
- Xbox One: Congressmen Introduce 'We Are Watching You Act' Bill, Targets Kinect Snooping
June 18 2013 1:16 PM
Congressman Michael Capuano and Walter Jones introduced a bill that could prevent the Kinect from watching you.
- Background Checks Backer Manchin To Fight NRA In New Ad
June 17 2013 10:33 AM
The West Virginia Democrat is pushing back at the NRA's target ads in his home state, questioning is Second Amendment commitment.
- Texas Governor Signs 'Merry Christmas' Bill Into Law
June 15 2013 9:57 AM
The so-called Merry Christmas Bill signed into law by Texas Gov. Rick Perry will protect Christmas and other religious celebrations from legal issues in public schools.
- A New Political Landscape On American Guns
June 14 2013 5:51 AM
The Newtown, Conn., shooting added more strength to gun control activists than any event in recent history.
- Anti-Immigration Reform Union Pushing To Amend Senate Bill
June 12 2013 6:22 PM
With immigration reform now on the Senate floor, an opponent of the bill is trying to get Republican senators to push more security provisions.
- Another GOP Rep. Makes A Rape Gaffe
June 12 2013 5:14 PM
Conjuring memories of Todd Akin, another GOP Congressman on Wednesday says the rate of pregnancy from rape is "very low."
- Critics Demand Obama’s Impeachment, Just As They Did His Predecessors’
June 12 2013 2:03 PM
Amid scandals, politicians and activists are calling for Obama's impeachment, echoing similar efforts for almost every president since Nixon.
- Reform Advocates: Don't Make The Perfect The Enemy Of The Good
June 12 2013 12:25 PM
Chuck Schumer's mission to get the 2013 immigration reform bill passed with 70 votes is making some colleagues and advocates uneasy.
- Indian IT Cos Cheer Weak Rupee, Fear Immigration Bill
June 12 2013 1:36 AM
Indian IT companies hope to pass on some of the benefits from a weak rupee to their clients, but worry immigration reform could hit business.
- Sen. Tim Kaine Delivers Immigration Reform Speech In Spanish On Senate Floor
June 11 2013 3:55 PM
Sen. Tim Kaine delivered a speech in Spanish on the Senate floor, throwing support behind an immigration reform bill.
- Rubio Adds Stronger English Language Amendment To Immigration Bill
June 11 2013 1:22 PM
For Rubio, simply enrolling in a course is not enough to prove English proficiency to get permanent U.S. residency.
- Obama On Immigration Reform: ‘Give Them A Sense Of Certainty’
June 11 2013 12:04 PM
President Barack Obama said immigration reform will require compromise by multiple interests and that the 2013 bill is reform's best shot.
- FBI Investigates Sen. Grassley's Aide In Insider Trading Case
June 11 2013 6:43 AM
One of Sen. Charles Grassley’s aides has been targeted by the FBI in a probe related to an April health care announcement.
- Does Border Security Still Have Clout In Immigration Debate?
June 10 2013 4:29 PM
In the debate, lawmakers pushing for enhanced border security are at odds with reality; meanwhile, more Americans prefer a path to citizenship.
- Cory Booker To Run For Vacant US Senate Seat In New Jersey
June 07 2013 2:44 PM
Newark Mayor Cory Booker is expected to announce his candidacy for the U.S. Senate seat left vacant by the death of Frank Lautenberg.