- Senate Approves Funding For Syrian Rebels Fighting ISIS
September 18 2014 9:29 PM
The Senate approved sending support to Syrian moderates. GOP pols staked out their positions on ISIS -- and Obama's strategy.
- Does The US Need Ground Forces To Fight ISIS?
September 17 2014 9:01 PM
The Obama administration is adamant the battle against ISIS will not involve U.S. combat troops. What it will take to beat the militants.
- US House Votes To Arm Syrian Rebels, But Questions Remain
September 17 2014 7:26 PM
The House voted 273 to 156 to authorize the plan, a test of support for Obama's campaign to "degrade and destroy" ISIS.
- US House Passes Bill To Avert Government Shutdown, Extend Export-Import Bank
September 17 2014 6:51 PM
The measure also contains a separately approved authorization for the Defense Department to arm moderate Syrian rebels to fight ISIS.
- Kerry Says No US Ground Troops Will Fight ISIS
September 17 2014 5:19 PM
The assertion that "U.S. troops will not have a combat mission” lands a day after a general seemed to suggest we may one day see the opposite.
- Midterm Election Poll Has GOP Outperforming Dems
September 17 2014 4:38 PM
President Barack Obama's low voter approval ratings could help deliver Congress to the Republicans.
- Why Obama Is Stalling On Immigration, Keystone
September 17 2014 3:47 PM
Obama is delaying action on important issues to protect vulnerable Democrats running for re-election.
- How Clinton May Benefit If GOP Takes Senate
September 17 2014 1:10 PM
Presidential candidates in 2016 will want to run against Congress, and having their party in the majority might not help.
- ISIS Claims 'Fighting Has Just Begun'
September 17 2014 4:48 AM
A new 52-second-long propaganda video was released late Tuesday by the Al Hayat Media Center, the Islamic State's media arm.
- Ebola 'Potential Threat To Global Security'
September 16 2014 5:03 PM
President Obama will send U.S. troops as part of the international response to combat Ebola in West Africa, he said in a televised statement.
- Democrats Have ‘Ad-Vantage’ In 2014 Midterms
September 16 2014 4:27 PM
Researchers found in recent weeks, 34,000 pro-Democrat Senate race ads aired compared to about 29,000 pro-Republican ads.
- 'It Will Take An Army To Beat An Army'
September 16 2014 12:53 PM
Obama has ruled out "boots on the ground" as part of the campaign to wipe out ISIS, but the nation's top general said that could change.
- Grimes Goes After McConnell On Guns In New Ad
September 15 2014 8:49 AM
Alison Lundergan Grimes mocked Mitch McConnell on his Duke-Kentucky basketball goof and his CPAC appearance.
- Fundraiser-In-Chief: Obama Back In Campaign Mode After ISIS Speech
September 12 2014 1:21 PM
The president’s visit to Baltimore isn’t entirely about campaigning. Obama is also set to tour Fort McHenry.
- Argentina Passes Debt Restructuring Law
September 11 2014 10:37 AM
The new plan aims to sidestep a U.S. court ruling in June that favored Argentina's hedge-fund bondholders.
- Scott Brown Wins 2nd Chance For Senate Seat
September 09 2014 9:34 PM
Former Massachusetts Sen. Scott Brown has won the Republican nomination for Senate in New Hampshire. Could he help the GOP take the Senate?
- Senators Slam Militarization Of Police At Hearing
September 09 2014 1:32 PM
Democrats and Republicans said local police departments shouldn't have unused military equipment.
- Obama Delays Immigration Action Until After Election
September 06 2014 12:35 PM
The president had pledged action on immigration reform by the end of the summer. Republicans call the reversal "raw politics."
- Will Senate GOP Have ‘Tidal Wave’ Win Many Predicted?
September 05 2014 2:27 PM
Many said Republicans were certain to take over, but recent polls suggest otherwise.
- Surprise Dropout In Kansas Senate Race May Help Dems
September 04 2014 5:33 PM
Democratic nominee Chad Taylor dropped out of the Kansas senate race Thursday, which could help his party keep control.