- The Next Wave Of Tea Party Challengers
July 29 2014 6:45 PM
Kansas and Tennessee Tea Partiers are eyeing the U.S. Senate while Michigan challengers look at state offices. What do the polls predict?
- Georgia Senate Candidate Michelle Nunn's 'Campaign Plan' Leaked
July 28 2014 11:38 PM
“The Campaign Plan,” published on National Review's website, was distributed to Democrat Nunn and notable supporters in 2013.
- Senate and House Tentatively Agree On $15 Billion For Ailing VA
July 28 2014 4:07 PM
The bill will allow vets to seek health care from private doctors on the governments' coin and hire new doctors so when vets do go to a VA hospital, they're seen.
- Clinton vs. Warren: Big Differences, Despite Claims To The Contrary
July 28 2014 12:10 PM
Hillary Clinton aide claims that there are no differences between her and Elizabeth Warren, despite record of disagreements on policy.
- Sanders, Miller Reach VA Bill Deal
July 27 2014 8:56 PM
The final agreement is close to the Senate version approved last month.
- House Tells Obama: No Troops To Iraq Without Our Approval
July 25 2014 4:56 PM
In a landslide vote on Friday, the House said Obama can't send troops to Iraq in a "sustained combat role" without the approval of Congress.
- Republicans Might Try To Impeach Obama: White House Aide
July 25 2014 3:37 PM
Dan Pfeiffer, one of Obama's longest-serving advisers, told reporters that the executive actions Obama will approve at the end of the summer aimed at tackling illegal immigration will likely generate ire from Republicans who have blocked comprehensive immigration legislation.
- Senator, Advocates Warn Veterans About For-Profit College Recruiting
July 24 2014 7:43 AM
As Corinthian Colleges faces multiple government investigations, and has to sell off its schools, its recruiting practices draw further scrutiny.
- Unlocking Your Cellphone To Change Carriers May Become Legal Again
July 16 2014 5:51 PM
A bill passed by the United States Senate may legalize cellphone unlocking again.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- Verizon Charging More For Sub-Par Service, Petition Claims
July 10 2014 10:45 AM
Verizon customers stuck on its copper network are overpaying for sub-par service, a petition claims.
- Obama Meets Texas Governor About Border Crisis
July 09 2014 8:32 PM
"Are folks more interested in politics or are they more interested in solving the problem," Obama said he told Texas Gov. Rick Perry. "If they are interested in solving the problem then this can be solved. If the preference is for politics then it won’t be solved."
- Former Sen. Alan Dixon Dies
July 06 2014 5:37 PM
Two-term U.S. Sen. Alan Dixon lost his bid for a third term when he lost his primary to Carol Moseley Braun, the first black female elected to the Senate.
- Modi, McCain Discuss Revitalizing India-US Ties
July 03 2014 8:27 AM
The Obama administration views India as a key strategic counter-balance in Asia to an increasingly assertive China.
- Fourth Of July Recipes: 4 Easy Patriotic Menu Ideas
July 01 2014 9:29 AM
A roundup of four patriotic recipes to make this July Fourth.
- Obama Exercises Executive Action On Immigration Reform
June 30 2014 3:59 PM
The president blasted House Republicans for the failure "to pass a darn bill."
- Former P&G Chief Will Head Veterans Affairs
June 30 2014 8:55 AM
Amid a massive scandal over wait times, officials are looking to a new manager with corporate and military experience to solve the problem.
- Howard Baker, Former Tennessee Senator, Dead At 88
June 26 2014 1:50 PM
Senator famously asked during Watergate hearings, “What did the President know, and when did he know it?”
- Newly Bared Letters Shed Light On President Harding's Busy Sex Life
June 25 2014 2:01 PM
Americans likely think of JFK's rumored dalliance with Marilyn Monroe and Bill Clinton's Lewinsky fling when they think of presidential affairs but adultery in the White House goes way back.
- One Year Later, Obama's Climate Action Plan Faces Hurdles
June 25 2014 1:18 PM
"Some important things can't happen without congressional action."