- New Bill Seeks Innovation, Denies Trolls
December 09 2013 8:26 PM
The Innovation Act, H.R. 3309, passed the House floor on Thursday, paving the way to remove patent troll cases.
- Petróleos Mexicanos: Welcome, Foreign Investors
December 09 2013 3:21 PM
After four months of controversy, Mexico's state-owned oil company will start receiving private investment for the first time in 75 years.
- Dems To Obama: Pause Deportation, If You Want Immigration Reform Progress
December 05 2013 6:28 PM
Democratic lawmakers wrote the president, saying that stopping deportations will boost their coalition's efforts in Congress.
- US Minimum Wage: 5 Fascinating Facts You Must Know
December 05 2013 2:27 PM
As the national debate about the minimum wage hits the boil, here are five facts to know, courtesy of Pew Research.
- Budget Deal, Farm Bill Top Congress List, But There Isn't Enough Time
December 05 2013 2:08 PM
The 113th Congress adjourns soon with no immediate fiscal deadlines, but its to-do list is pretty hefty.
- US Immigration Reform Opponents Call Boehner A Sellout
December 04 2013 12:57 PM
Some Republicans say the House speaker has declared his support for amnesty by hiring the Bipartisan Policy Center's Rebecca Tallent.
- Empty Your Pockets Please: House To TSA
December 04 2013 3:36 AM
A new bill requires the TSA to fork over loose change collected at airport security to programs supporting military personnel.
- Peña Nieto’s Very Busy First Year As President
December 03 2013 9:13 AM
Enrique Peña Nieto had an eventful first year at the helm of the second-biggest economy in Latin America.
- US House Judiciary Sets Hearings For Obama Acts GOP Finds Unconstitutional
December 03 2013 6:30 AM
House Republicans are ready for another attack on Obama, who they say is violating his oath to faithfully execute the laws.
- No More Government Shutdowns, US Politicians Promise; Seriously?
December 03 2013 6:22 AM
While the sequester spending cuts remain in place, lawmakers try to find an alternative -- and that's proving elusive.
- AFL-CIO Announces Support For Immigration Reform Fasters
November 27 2013 2:45 PM
National groups are helping activists turn up the pressure on congressional Republicans to vote on immigration reform.
- Activist Heckles Obama To Stop Deportation
November 25 2013 4:22 PM
The president said passing immigration reform isn't as easy as shouting, and reiterated he can't take executive action by himself.
- US Biz: Some Immigration Activist Concessions?
November 22 2013 5:15 PM
They say it's not doomsday yet, but some business owners worry the immigration stalemate may impact innovation.
- Senate Passes Adjournment Resolution
November 21 2013 6:42 PM
The National Defense Authorization Act is at risk after the Senate has voted to adjourn for two weeks.
- US Senate Dems Deploy 'Nuclear Option'
November 21 2013 2:01 PM
Harry Reid, D-Nev., who has pushed to eliminate filibusters, was compelled after Republican filibusters blocked the appointment of three judicial nominees.
- Yellen One Step Closer To Making History
November 21 2013 10:27 AM
The Senate Banking Committee voted 14-8 Thursday to approve the nomination of Janet Yellen to be Federal Reserve chairwoman.
- Oct. Fed Minutes - Stimulus Reduction Ahead?
November 20 2013 2:21 PM
A couple of participants favored lowering the 6.5 percent unemployment rate threshold.
- Bitcoin - On The Verge Of Becoming A Medium Of Exchange?
November 20 2013 11:05 AM
The virtual currency is having its moment in the sun, after high-profile hearings in Washington this week.
- House Could Have 7 Or 8 Immigration Reform Bills
November 20 2013 8:41 AM
Democrats say comprehensive reform is a full course dinner, but they hope the GOP's appetizers won't turn their stomachs.
- Obama Changes Tack (Slightly) On Immigration
November 20 2013 6:30 AM
The GOP wants to fragment immigration reform -- and the president is OK with that, so long as the end product is all-inclusive.