- Former US Senators Join Russian Bank As Lobbyists
September 02 2014 3:04 PM
Already targeted by sanctions from the Obama administration, a Russian bank has hired former Senators John Breaux and Trent Lott as lobbyists.
- California Governor Lauds Passage Of ‘Historic’ Sick Leave Bill
August 31 2014 9:43 AM
The measure would require Californian employers to provide at least three days of annual paid sick leave to workers.
- Midterm Elections And The Mother's Milk Of Politics
August 29 2014 12:39 PM
Despite the president's unpopularity, the House Democrats' campaign arm is faring better at fundraising in 2014 than it did in 2010.
- Obama Pursues 'Hybrid' Global Climate Treaty
August 27 2014 8:21 PM
The approach would allow Obama to sidestep Congress in joining a global pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Rick Scott, Charlie Crist Win Florida Primaries, Will Face Off For Governor
August 26 2014 8:47 PM
Florida Democrats nominate a party switcher who defeated them in the gubernatorial race eight years ago.
- California 'Kill Switch' Law To Deter Smartphone Theft
August 26 2014 3:32 AM
In San Francisco, 67 percent of all robberies reportedly involve the theft of a mobile communications device.
- Obama Pushes Export-Import Bank Renewal Via Business Owners
August 23 2014 4:36 PM
- James Jeffords, Republican And Independent Senator, Dies
August 18 2014 3:58 PM
James Jeffords, a soft-spoken Vermonter whose defection from the Republican Party in 2001 created an unprecedented power shift in the U.S. Senate and gave Democrats control of the chamber for 18 months, died on Monday at age 80, his former aide said.
- Is America Ready To Elect A Balding President?
August 11 2014 2:13 PM
Are Sen. Marco Rubio's fading looks getting in the way of his future political ambitions?
- McConnell In-Law Runs Liberian-Flagged Ships, Avoids US Taxes
August 10 2014 6:19 PM
McConnell virtually silent on the issue as Democrats ramp up rhetoric for mid-term elections.
- Alison Grimes Skewers Mitch McConnell At Fancy Farm
August 08 2014 12:21 PM
Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Grimes had harsh words for incumbent Mitch McConnell at Kentucky's 134th annual Fancy Farm picnic.
- Chickens Could Be Decisive In Iowa's US Senate Race
August 08 2014 9:26 AM
Republicans point to Democratic U.S. Senate hopeful Bruce Braley's neighborly dispute as evidence that he lacks the values of a "true Iowan."
- Italy's Parliament Approves Economic Package Amid Skepticism
August 08 2014 5:38 AM
Prime Minister Matteo Renzi is under growing pressure to take more decisive steps to overhaul the euro zone's third-biggest economy.
- Alexander Wins Tenn. Republican Primary, Further Eroding Tea Party Hopes
August 07 2014 10:51 PM
Lamar Alexander won Tennessee on Thursday night in the 2014 Republican primary. It was another setback for the Tea Party.
- Sen. John Walsh Quits Montana Race After Plagiarism Exposé
August 07 2014 5:38 PM
After admitting to plagiarizing a research paper at the U.S. Army War College, Walsh has decided to end his campaign.
- Want To Know If Your GM Car Is Recalled? Good Luck
August 02 2014 10:42 PM
NHTSA says some owners of GM vehicles are getting false recall information when they check their VINs.
- A Look At President Obama Over The Past 10 Years
August 02 2014 6:12 PM
President Obama has a demanding job. Over the years, his changing physical appearance has been the topic of many discussions.
- Israel's Iron Dome To Get $225M In US Funds
August 02 2014 2:57 AM
A bill calling for $225 million to replenish Israel's missile-defense system is being sent to President Barack Obama for signing into law.
- Obama Infuriated As Do-Nothing Congress Enters Long Summer Break
August 01 2014 10:29 PM
Both parties claim to hope to help the border humanitarian crisis, but actions speak louder than words.
- Republicans Revive Border Security Bills To Speed Deportations
August 01 2014 4:53 PM
The U.S. House of Representatives planned to vote on Friday on revised border security legislation that would make it easier to deport Central American child migrants from the southwestern border, satisfying a key demand from conservative Republicans.