- Republicans Boost Senate Race Ad Spending In 5 Key States
September 30 2014 3:44 PM
Republicans aired more Senate election ads than Democrats in several battleground states as midterm elections draw nearer.
- France's Far-Right Grabs Senate Seats For First Time
September 28 2014 3:23 PM
The party, led by Marine Le Pen, took two seats in the august Senate.
- ISIS Propaganda Campaign Could Be Their Achilles' Heel
September 25 2014 3:49 PM
If citizen journalists have been able to identify the location of Islamic State fighters, U.S. officials probably can too.
- How Will History Judge Eric Holder?
September 25 2014 3:43 PM
The departing attorney general drew the ire of Republicans and praise from civil rights and LGBT advocates. What is his balance sheet?
- ‘There Is No Place For Hate In Pennsylvania’
September 23 2014 1:54 PM
A bill to expand Pennsylvania’s hate crime laws has broad support, but Republicans are accused of foot-dragging.
- Boehner Backs Obama On Syria Airstrikes
September 23 2014 12:12 PM
House Speaker John Boehner said the airstrikes "must be part of a larger effort" to destroy ISIS.
- Australia To Overhaul Anti-Terror Laws
September 22 2014 3:26 AM
The move comes at a time when a number of Australian citizens have been accused of fighting overseas for the Islamic State group.
- Senate Approves Funding For Syrian Rebels Fighting ISIS
September 18 2014 9:29 PM
The Senate approved sending support to Syrian moderates. GOP pols staked out their positions on ISIS -- and Obama's strategy.
- Does The US Need Ground Forces To Fight ISIS?
September 17 2014 9:01 PM
The Obama administration is adamant the battle against ISIS will not involve U.S. combat troops. What it will take to beat the militants.
- US House Votes To Arm Syrian Rebels, But Questions Remain
September 17 2014 7:26 PM
The House voted 273 to 156 to authorize the plan, a test of support for Obama's campaign to "degrade and destroy" ISIS.
- US House Passes Bill To Avert Government Shutdown, Extend Export-Import Bank
September 17 2014 6:51 PM
The measure also contains a separately approved authorization for the Defense Department to arm moderate Syrian rebels to fight ISIS.
- Kerry Says No US Ground Troops Will Fight ISIS
September 17 2014 5:19 PM
The assertion that "U.S. troops will not have a combat mission” lands a day after a general seemed to suggest we may one day see the opposite.
- Midterm Election Poll Has GOP Outperforming Dems
September 17 2014 4:38 PM
President Barack Obama's low voter approval ratings could help deliver Congress to the Republicans.
- Why Obama Is Stalling On Immigration, Keystone
September 17 2014 3:47 PM
Obama is delaying action on important issues to protect vulnerable Democrats running for re-election.
- How Clinton May Benefit If GOP Takes Senate
September 17 2014 1:10 PM
Presidential candidates in 2016 will want to run against Congress, and having their party in the majority might not help.
- ISIS Claims 'Fighting Has Just Begun'
September 17 2014 4:48 AM
A new 52-second-long propaganda video was released late Tuesday by the Al Hayat Media Center, the Islamic State's media arm.
- Ebola 'Potential Threat To Global Security'
September 16 2014 5:03 PM
President Obama will send U.S. troops as part of the international response to combat Ebola in West Africa, he said in a televised statement.
- Democrats Have ‘Ad-Vantage’ In 2014 Midterms
September 16 2014 4:27 PM
Researchers found in recent weeks, 34,000 pro-Democrat Senate race ads aired compared to about 29,000 pro-Republican ads.
- 'It Will Take An Army To Beat An Army'
September 16 2014 12:53 PM
Obama has ruled out "boots on the ground" as part of the campaign to wipe out ISIS, but the nation's top general said that could change.
- Grimes Goes After McConnell On Guns In New Ad
September 15 2014 8:49 AM
Alison Lundergan Grimes mocked Mitch McConnell on his Duke-Kentucky basketball goof and his CPAC appearance.