- Unlocking Your Cellphone To Change Carriers May Become Legal Again
July 16 2014 5:51 PM
A bill passed by the United States Senate may legalize cellphone unlocking again.
- Prepare For Climate Change? Not If House GOP Can Help It
July 16 2014 3:50 PM
The military says climate is a national security issue, but two House amendments would slash spending on climate research.
- Verizon Charging More For Sub-Par Service, Petition Claims
July 10 2014 10:45 AM
Verizon customers stuck on its copper network are overpaying for sub-par service, a petition claims.
- Obama Meets Texas Governor About Border Crisis
July 09 2014 8:32 PM
"Are folks more interested in politics or are they more interested in solving the problem," Obama said he told Texas Gov. Rick Perry. "If they are interested in solving the problem then this can be solved. If the preference is for politics then it won’t be solved."
- Former Sen. Alan Dixon Dies
July 06 2014 5:37 PM
Two-term U.S. Sen. Alan Dixon lost his bid for a third term when he lost his primary to Carol Moseley Braun, the first black female elected to the Senate.
- Modi, McCain Discuss Revitalizing India-US Ties
July 03 2014 8:27 AM
The Obama administration views India as a key strategic counter-balance in Asia to an increasingly assertive China.
- Fourth Of July Recipes: 4 Easy Patriotic Menu Ideas
July 01 2014 9:29 AM
A roundup of four patriotic recipes to make this July Fourth.
- Obama Exercises Executive Action On Immigration Reform
June 30 2014 3:59 PM
The president blasted House Republicans for the failure "to pass a darn bill."
- Former P&G Chief Will Head Veterans Affairs
June 30 2014 8:55 AM
Amid a massive scandal over wait times, officials are looking to a new manager with corporate and military experience to solve the problem.
- Howard Baker, Former Tennessee Senator, Dead At 88
June 26 2014 1:50 PM
Senator famously asked during Watergate hearings, “What did the President know, and when did he know it?”
- Newly Bared Letters Shed Light On President Harding's Busy Sex Life
June 25 2014 2:01 PM
Americans likely think of JFK's rumored dalliance with Marilyn Monroe and Bill Clinton's Lewinsky fling when they think of presidential affairs but adultery in the White House goes way back.
- One Year Later, Obama's Climate Action Plan Faces Hurdles
June 25 2014 1:18 PM
"Some important things can't happen without congressional action."
- Tea Party Candidates' Big Wins - And Losses [Infographic]
June 24 2014 7:01 PM
Will the newbie Tea Party candidates take down the much larger, veteran pachyderms?
- Frustrated US Lawmakers Urge Tough Action On Child Migration
June 24 2014 5:51 PM
As Jeh Johnson assured U.S. lawmakers the Obama administration is doing everything it can, the crisis was deepening the stark battle lines between Republicans and Democrats in Washington, D.C.
- All Eyes On GOP Runoff In Mississippi
June 24 2014 10:59 AM
The runoff between incumbent Cochran and tea party-backed McDaniel has been described as a battle for the heart and soul of the Republican Party.
- House Defense Bill Curbs NSA Spying, Bars Gitmo Releases
June 20 2014 5:10 PM
The House bill gives the Pentagon more money for equipment, less for military health, and severely curbs Obama and the NSA.
- New York Legalizes Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 2:48 PM
The Compassionate Care Act comes with a few restrictions -- smoking is still prohibited.
- Watch the NY Senate Vote On Legalizing Medical Marijuana
June 20 2014 10:30 AM
As part of an agreement between Gov. Andrew Cuomo and lawmakers, patients won't be able to smoke the drug.
- 12 Facts About The History Of Juneteenth
June 19 2014 2:04 PM
Juneteenth is a celebration commemorating the end of slavery in the United States. It is held each year on June 19.
- Growing Chorus In DC Wants Iraq's Maliki To Go
June 18 2014 9:24 PM
As Obama held an hour-long meeting with congressional leaders on U.S. options in Iraq, administration officials joined a chorus of criticism of Maliki, faulting him for failing to heal sectarian rifts that militants have exploited.