A Polish man was filled with so much anger after awaking to find his family had gone on an outing without him, that he retaliated by blowing up their home with himself inside.

69-year-old Czeslaw Kaminski reportedly set his home on fire recently after finding a note from his wife, Grazyna Kaminski, stating that she had taken their children on a day-long picnic trip, U.K.’s Orange.com reported Wednesday. Kaminski allegedly threw two cylinders of gas in the basement of their Chechlo Durgie, Poland, home, leading to an explosion; the house is now left in shambles in what appears to be in a collapsed state.

See the photo here.

Grazyna said she had received an outraged call from her husband hearing what she thought were empty threats after he had located the note. The woman stated that he told her his plans to set fire to the home.

“He called me on the mobile home and demanded that I got home, but when I refused he said he was going to get revenge. I did not take him seriously and then I returned home to find this,” she said.

Kaminski was unable to leave the home before the property exploded, and was rushed to a local hospital via an air ambulance. Authorities classified his condition as critical. Hospital spokesperson, Bozena Kozanecka, confirmed Kaminski was being treated for a coma in the intensive care unit.

According to neighbors, the couple was known to allegedly have explosive arguments.

This isn’t the first time a heated argument led to a home explosion. 28-year-old Andrew Partington blew up his home in Manchester, U.K., earlier this year after his girlfriend, Tania Williams, left with the couple’s six children reported MSN.

Partington threatened the mother he was going to destroy their home if she didn’t return with the children, one text saying: “Told you next time you leave, house goes up with me. You left your kids with no dad, no home. Goodbye. Boom. Gas pipes cut. Already filled up. Boom.”

The man reportedly had a change of heart but forgot the gas-filled home was flammable and lit a cigarette, killing his 2-year-old neighbor, Jamie Heaton. Partington survived with severe burns; he was sentenced to 10 years in jail in November.