- 8 Dead In Attack On Ebola Health Workers In Guinea
September 18 2014 5:56 PM
Three journalists and two doctors were among the group attacked by local residents.
- Why Boko Haram Has Been Ignored
September 18 2014 1:15 PM
Remember #BringBackOurGirls? Boko Haram continues to terrorize Nigeria, yet it's largely been overlooked by Western powers.
- Libyan Parliament Rejects New Cabinet Proposed By Prime Minister
September 18 2014 8:16 AM
Thinni, Libya’s acting prime minister since March, had sought to reassert control over the strife-torn country by naming a new cabinet.
- South Sudan Orders Companies To Hire Locals, Fire Foreign Staff
September 17 2014 7:54 AM
Companies and agencies operating out of South Sudan will now have to justify to the labor ministry their decisions to hire foreign staff.
- Australia Announces $6.35M More To Fight Ebola
September 17 2014 2:04 AM
With the latest pledge, Australia's total contribution to fight off the deadliest Ebola outbreak in history stands at more than $7 million.
- Ebola 'Potential Threat To Global Security'
September 16 2014 5:03 PM
President Obama will send U.S. troops as part of the international response to combat Ebola in West Africa, he said in a televised statement.
- 'We Wouldn't Even Be Talking About An Epidemic Today'
September 16 2014 3:08 PM
Experts say President Barack Obama's plan to contain Ebola is months late.
- Is Obama's Ebola Plan Coming Too Late?
September 16 2014 8:59 AM
Obama is expected to give specifics about his plan to militarily combat Ebola in Africa on Tuesday. Experts say he should have acted sooner.
- Qatar Denies Arming Libyan Rebels
September 16 2014 8:22 AM
Qatar denied a claim by Libyan Prime Minister Abdullah al-Thinni that the country supplied rebel forces with planes and weapons.
- 12 Nigerian Soldiers Face Death Penalty For Mutiny
September 16 2014 1:36 AM
The soldiers were convicted for revolting against their commanding officer by throwing stones and shooting at him in a May incident.
- 500 Feared Dead In Migrant Shipwreck Off Malta
September 15 2014 9:02 AM
Around 500 migrants were said to be on the boat that traffickers rammed and sank.
- Libyan Prime Minister Accuses Qatar, Sudan Of Arming Rebels
September 15 2014 8:09 AM
Libya's prime minister said that three military planes loaded with weapons landed at a rebel-held airport, about five miles east of Tripoli.
- ISIS Finds New Loyalists In Algerian Al Qaeda Splinter Group
September 15 2014 1:23 AM
The new group, reportedly named "soldiers of the Caliphate in Algeria," accused al Qaeda of “deviating from the true path.”
- Obama Plans To Enhance US Efforts To Fight Ebola
September 15 2014 1:11 AM
The Wall Street Journal reported that President Barack Obama is expected to make the announcement on Tuesday.
- Libyan PM Accuses Qatar Of Sending Planes With Weapons To Tripoli
September 14 2014 7:27 PM
Analysts say Libya is turning into a conflict zone for competing regional powers.
- Ebola Fight Hit By Western Apathy, Lack Of Aid
September 14 2014 5:05 AM
"We know what needs to be done but we don't know why it's not being done. It's incomprehensible to us," an MSF doctor in the region said.
- Will The Kidnapped Nigerian Schoolgirls Ever Be Found?
September 14 2014 12:55 AM
Months after the #BringBackOurGirls campaign, the kidnapped children remain in the hands of Boko Haram while the world has moved on.
- Ebola Doctor Denied Evacuation From Sierra Leone
September 13 2014 6:10 PM
The Ebola virus is exacerbating the skilled health care worker shortage in West Africa as another doctor is diagnosed with the virus.
- US Embassy In Uganda Warns Of Terror Threat
September 13 2014 5:41 PM
“We urge that you exercise all possible caution, remaining at home or in a safe location until the all clear is issued," embassy officials said.
- 100 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Nigeria's Borno State
September 13 2014 1:34 PM
More than 300 Boko Haram members have been killed in the last two days by the Nigerian military.