- UN To Impose 'Targeted Sanctions' On Libyan Militias
August 28 2014 3:25 AM
Infighting between Islamist militias, which control parts of Libya, has raised fears of the violence spilling into neighboring countries.
- UNICEF Undertakes Record Relief Operations In Conflict-Hit Regions
August 27 2014 6:30 AM
Since the beginning of August, UNICEF has dispatched 33 shipments, totaling nearly 1,000 tons of emergency aid, most of it to Iraq.
- UN Helicopter Crash In South Sudan Leaves 3 Dead
August 27 2014 3:38 AM
A United Nations Mi-8 helicopter crashed in South Sudan killing three of its four Russian crew members.
- WHO Closes Ebola Lab In Sierra Leone
August 27 2014 2:43 AM
WHO's decision could hinder the global response to the disease, which has killed 120 health care workers and affected 240 others.
- Boko Haram Wrests Control Of Border Towns As Nigerian Soldiers Flee
August 27 2014 1:59 AM
Three people were killed by Boko Haram in the border towns of Ashigashya and Kerawa, as almost 500 Nigerian soldiers fled to Cameroon.
- Egypt And United Arab Emirates Hit Libya With Airstrikes
August 26 2014 5:28 PM
A week after unclaimed airstrikes rained on Libya, the U.S. military confirmed Egypt and the UAE acted without U.S. knowledge.
- Six Indians Test Negative For Ebola, More To Be Tested
August 26 2014 1:47 AM
Indians expected to travel back on seven different flights from the Ebola-hit countries of West Africa will be moved to designated hospitals.
- Is Boko Haram Nigeria's ISIS?
August 25 2014 8:08 AM
Militant group Boko Haram declared an Islamic caliphate in parts of Nigeria's northeast, which it has wrested from the army's control.
- Japan Considering Unapproved Ebola Drug In Special Circumstances
August 25 2014 1:40 AM
Japan’s Fujifilm and its U.S. partner MediVector plan to use the drug in the fight against Ebola.
- Ebola Kills Two In DR Congo
August 24 2014 3:47 PM
DR Congo officials confirmed two people in the country have died from Ebola, but said the cases were unrelated to West Africa outbreak.
- China Executes Eight Uighur Muslims For Terrorism
August 23 2014 11:21 PM
Authorities say three of those put to death were behind October's attack in Tiananmen Square.
- UN Seeks 'Immediate Action' For Iraqis 'Besieged' By Islamic State
August 23 2014 11:04 PM
The group has cut off an entire town from food, water and medicine, the U.N. says.
- Tripoli Airport Seized By Misrata Forces
August 23 2014 8:03 PM
- China Blames US For 'Dangerous' Jet Encounter
August 23 2014 5:52 PM
Beijing says the US is to blame for the encounter.
- Boat Carrying 200 Immigrants Sinks Off Coast Of Tripoli
August 23 2014 8:28 AM
As many as 170 passengers are still missing. Travelers are believed to include Somalis and Eritreans.
- Airstrikes By Unidentified Planes Kill 15 In Libyan Capital
August 23 2014 7:33 AM
Earlier attacks by unidentified airplanes killed six people in Tripoli over two days this week.
- Cholera Outbreak In Ghana Worsens
August 22 2014 5:25 PM
Ghana's capital city of Accra is the epicenter of the crisis.
- UN Health Agency Deploys Ebola Experts In Liberia
August 22 2014 8:37 AM
Irish health authorities were testing a man who had recently returned from Africa and died Thursday after complaining of a fever.
- Citizens, Police Clash In Liberia Over Ebola Quarantine
August 20 2014 2:55 PM
Residents of the Monrovia's West Point slum protested the government's Ebola quarantine.
- Faith Healer Helped Spread Ebola In Sierra Leone: Report
August 20 2014 7:54 AM
Ebola has killed more than 1,220 people in West Africa since the beginning of 2014.