- 'Threat' Of Ebola Outbreak Worries International Community
July 30 2014 12:30 PM
As the Ebola virus is becoming increasingly global, officials in Hong Kong and the U.K. are creating response plans.
- Militants Capture Benghazi Special Forces Base
July 29 2014 5:31 PM
"We have withdrawn from the army base after heavy shelling," Saiqa special forces officer Fadel Al-Hassi told Reuters.
- Ebola's Flight Out Of Africa
July 29 2014 3:39 PM
Two African airlines have grounded flights from Liberia and Sierra Leone, but the good news is Ebola can't spread that easily.
- A Foreign Exodus From Burning Libya
July 28 2014 12:16 PM
Heavy clashes in Tripoli and Benghazi have closed the airspace, cut power and water, and caused foreign governments to leave.
- More Than 50 Killed In Benghazi, Tripoli Clashes
July 28 2014 12:10 AM
The government said more than 150 people have died, many of them civilian, in the capital Tripoli and Benghazi in two weeks of fighting.
- France Urges Nationals To Leave Libya Due To Security Situation
July 27 2014 1:28 PM
The U.S. evacuated its embassy Saturday.
- Boko Haram Kidnaps Wife Of Cameroon Vice Prime Minister
July 27 2014 10:15 AM
Nigeria says the Islamist militants want to gain traction in neighboring Cameroon.
- Hard To Believe, But Air Travel Is The Safest It's Ever Been
July 24 2014 9:15 PM
With 462 people dead in three plane crashes, travelers are wondering if it's truly safe to fly.
- FAA Warned About Airspace Where AH5017 Crashed
July 24 2014 12:38 PM
The Air Algerie flight was traveling over a region controlled by Islamist militants, though France doubts the plane was shot down.
- Algerian Plane Crashed In Al Qaeda-Controlled Region
July 24 2014 11:23 AM
Air Algerie Flight 5017 was flying over a disputed region of Mali, where al Qaeda-linked jihadists and government forces have been fighting.
- Fate Of Air Algerie Passengers Unknown
July 24 2014 9:16 AM
An Algerian official has confirmed that Air Algerie Flight AH5017, which went missing between Burkina Faso and Algiers, has crashed.
- Suicide Bombings Kill At Least 82 In Nigeria's Kaduna
July 23 2014 11:10 AM
No one has claimed responsibility, but militant Islamic group Boko Haram has carried out a series of attacks in the region in recent months.
- South Sudan Sees 'Serious Resumption Of Hostilities:' UN
July 22 2014 3:35 AM
Even as it braces for an impending famine, clashes between rebels and government forces plague the conflict-ridden nation.
- Nigeria Boko Haram Attack Causes Over 15,000 To Flee
July 21 2014 8:03 PM
Nigerian government spokesman appeared to deny Boko Haram had taken over Damboa.
- Mombasa Targeted Yet Again, 4 Killed
July 21 2014 8:06 AM
While the attacks have been largely attributed to Islamist al-Shabab, many suspect political and ethnic rifts to be the underlying cause.
- 47 Killed In Clashes Between Rival Libyan Militia
July 21 2014 7:29 AM
Libya is witnessing one of the worst bouts of violence since the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi in 2011.
- Ex-Libyan Rebel Commander Appeals Torture Case
July 20 2014 9:36 PM
Human rights officials say it's time for the British government to stop hiding behind the "act of state doctrine."
- Sudanese Editor Beaten Over Call To Normalize Israel Ties
July 19 2014 11:42 PM
Tensions between Islamic countries and Israel have been running higher than usual this week.
- Israel Expands Gaza Ground Operations
July 19 2014 11:20 PM
There's no sign of a diplomatic breakthrough to end the worst fighting in two years between Israel and Hamas.
- Boko Haram Gunmen Slay At Least 18 In Latest Attack
July 19 2014 4:46 AM
Suspected Boko Haram members also set homes ablaze in the northeastern Nigerian town of Damboa.