- Think Everyone's Honoring Mandela? Not These People
December 10 2013 5:29 PM
Conservative U.S. politicians have praised Nelson Mandela, but some of their supporters lobbed racial insults at the deceased South African president.
- World Gathers In South Africa To Honor Nelson Mandela's Life
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Obama and three former U.S. presidents were among the thousands who paid tribute to Nelson Mandela in Soweto, outside Johannesburg.
- World Leaders Pay Tribute To Nelson Mandela At State Memorial Service
December 10 2013 11:58 AM
Dozens of world leaders appeared at Nelson Mandela's memorial service on Tuesday to pay respects to South Africa's iconic leader.
- Nelson Mandela Memorial - President Obama’s Speech (FULL-TEXT)
December 10 2013 10:12 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama delivered the following speech at a memorial for former South African president Nelson Mandela at Johannesburg
- 'Giant Of History' Mandela Honored By World Leaders
December 10 2013 7:36 AM
“It is hard to eulogize any man...how much harder to do so for a giant of history, who moved a nation towards justice,” President Obama said.
- As CAR Disintegrates, French And African Troops Roll In
December 10 2013 6:22 AM
French and African soldiers hope to stem the continent's latest civil war. How did the country in the heart of Africa reach this point?
- Dalai Lama, Netanyahu To Skip Nelson Mandela's Funeral
December 09 2013 12:23 PM
Dozens of world leaders plan to attend a memorial service for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, but some prominent names won't be among them.
- Political Corruption In Uganda: It's Never Been Worse
December 09 2013 11:20 AM
Ugandan MPs voted to raise their salaries by 38 percent – to more than $8,000 per month (in a country with an annual per capita income of about $550).
- South Asia Mourns Passing Of South Africa’s Anti-Apartheid Icon
December 06 2013 12:06 PM
Mandela had a long association with Indians and Indian people stretching back to his early days as an anti-apartheid activist.
- China's Authorities (And Political Prisoners) Remember Mandela's Legacy
December 06 2013 12:05 PM
Nelson Mandela is remembered by Chinese politicians and dissenters, but for slightly different reasons.
- Nelson Mandela In Ethiopia: A Peacemaker's Beginnings As Guerrilla Fighter
December 06 2013 11:30 AM
Before turning into an icon of national reconciliation, Nelson Mandela trained to wage war, in Ethiopia -- and left a deep legacy there.
- How The World's Major Newspapers Remembered Nelson Mandela
December 06 2013 10:39 AM
Newspapers across the world ran tributes to Mandela - one of the most influential statesmen and activists of the 20th century.
- Graça Machel: Mandela’s Third Wife And A Leader In Her Own Right
December 06 2013 4:17 AM
Machel’s political ideologies were deeply influenced by her experience during her school years in Mozambique’s capital, Maputo.
- Hear Four Of Mandela's Most Powerful Speeches
December 05 2013 6:27 PM
Remember Nelson Mandela with four of his most powerful speeches, in words and in video.
- The Indian Woman Mandela Loved And Almost Married
December 05 2013 5:13 PM
Mandela proposed to Amina Cachalia, an Indian anti-apartheid and women’s rights activist, soon after he divorced Winnie Madikizela-Mandela.
- World Mourns Nelson Mandela, South African Freedom Fighter
December 05 2013 4:52 PM
South Africa's Nelson Mandela, former president and Nobel Peace Prize laureate, has died at the age of 95.
- UN Tries New Tactic In DR Congo
December 03 2013 1:52 PM
The surrender of the M23 guerrillas didn't stop the United Nations from deploying UAVs against militant groups.
- Angola Muslims Cry Persecution Despite Denials
November 26 2013 5:23 PM
Mosque closings are reported, contradicting government officials' claims.
- Five Things To Know About Angola
November 25 2013 7:47 PM
Find out more about the Republic of Angola, which reportedly banned Islam.
- In Prospering Morocco, What Arab Spring?
November 22 2013 3:36 PM
King Mohammed IV of Morocco arrives in Washington to see President Obama as the country seeks to grow its business ties to America.