- Woolwich 'Copycat' Stabbings Strike Europe
May 28 2013 4:27 PM
Two stabbings over the weekend are being investigated as possible "copycat" attacks based on the murder of an English soldier.
- African Union Forming Emergency Military Task Force
May 27 2013 10:08 AM
Africa made strides in creating its own military rapid reaction force to deal with security emergencies in the continent.
- London Murder Suspect Was Arrested In Kenya In 2010
May 26 2013 11:03 AM
Michael Adebolajo was caught trying to join Somali fighters, Kenyans say, but was sent back to UK.
- African Union Celebrates 50-Year Anniversary
May 25 2013 11:41 AM
On May 25, 1963, the AU’s predecessor, the Organization of African Unity, was established.
- New Soil Atlas Could Modernize Agriculture In Africa
May 25 2013 11:08 AM
A new soil atlas for Africa could help farmers and politicians throughout the continent make better choices about food production.
- Malawi Sells Presidential Jet To Aid Economy
May 22 2013 1:53 PM
Malawi President Joyce Banda has agreed to the $15 million sale of her country's luxury presidential jet, in an effort to raise money for its ailing economy.
- Where In The World Are The Military Drones?
May 18 2013 10:20 AM
The U.S. has by far the greatest variety of military drones in the world. Check out the other 59 countries that also possess military drones.
- Nigerian Forces Launch Offensive Against Militants
May 17 2013 5:34 AM
Nigerian armed forces have launched raids against Boko Haram Islamist militants in the north-east, officials said on Thursday.
- Africans In Turkey Face Racism, Discrimination
May 16 2013 2:15 PM
At least 50,000 African migrants live in Turkey, mostly in Istanbul. About one-third of them are from sub-Saharan Africa.
- South African University To Make Zulu Language Compulsory For All Students
May 16 2013 11:04 AM
This marks the first time South Africa’s higher education sector has made teaching an indigenous African language mandatory.
- DR Congo To Name City In Honor Of Murdered Independence Hero Patrice Lumumba
May 15 2013 11:26 AM
Lemumba's murder has never been solved, and DR Congo has been embroiled in civil wars since.
- Nigerian President Declares State Of Emergency After Islamist Militant Attacks
May 15 2013 7:11 AM
The state of emergency comes after a deadly offensive by Islamist militant groups in the troubled northeast part of the country.