- 18 Striking Images Of Life In A South Sudanese Refugee Camp
January 08 2014 5:50 AM
As violence continues to envelop South Sudan, just under 200,000 residents have been displaced from their homes by the fighting.
- What's At Stake In The South Sudan Peace Talks
January 07 2014 11:22 AM
Talks between Riek Machar and President Kiir supporters are underway; the future of the world's youngest country hangs in the balance.
- The US In South Sudan: New Conflict Tests Long-Term Relationship
December 27 2013 6:11 PM
Washington has played a key role in South Sudan's independence and development, but the new conflict is testing old ties.
- UN To Double Peacekeeping Force In South Sudan
December 25 2013 11:10 AM
Death toll from the past 10 days of violence rises to thousands, the United Nations said.
- US Aircraft Hit By Gunfire In South Sudan, Four Injured
December 21 2013 7:04 PM
The U.S. aircraft came under fire while approaching the evacuation site in war-torn South Sudan.
- Is Ethiopia Targeting The Opposition With Violence?
December 20 2013 10:34 AM
An opposition party has compiled an exhaustive record of alleged government human rights abuses. Will it make a difference?
- Violence in South Sudan: If Not A Coup, Then What?
December 18 2013 2:43 PM
The death toll is rising as ethnic tensions worsen, but former vice president Riek Machar denies involvement.
- Did Fake Interpreter Hallucinate At Mandela Service?
December 12 2013 10:57 AM
The fake sign language interpreter admitted he suffers from schizophrenia and claims he saw "angels come to the stadium" at Mandela's memorial service.
- Think Everyone's Honoring Mandela? Not These People
December 10 2013 5:29 PM
Conservative U.S. politicians have praised Nelson Mandela, but some of their supporters lobbed racial insults at the deceased South African president.
- World Gathers In South Africa To Honor Nelson Mandela's Life
December 10 2013 12:11 PM
Obama and three former U.S. presidents were among the thousands who paid tribute to Nelson Mandela in Soweto, outside Johannesburg.
- World Leaders Pay Tribute To Nelson Mandela At State Memorial Service
December 10 2013 11:58 AM
Dozens of world leaders appeared at Nelson Mandela's memorial service on Tuesday to pay respects to South Africa's iconic leader.
- Nelson Mandela Memorial - President Obama’s Speech (FULL-TEXT)
December 10 2013 10:12 AM
U.S. President Barack Obama delivered the following speech at a memorial for former South African president Nelson Mandela at Johannesburg
- 'Giant Of History' Mandela Honored By World Leaders
December 10 2013 7:36 AM
“It is hard to eulogize any man...how much harder to do so for a giant of history, who moved a nation towards justice,” President Obama said.
- As CAR Disintegrates, French And African Troops Roll In
December 10 2013 6:22 AM
French and African soldiers hope to stem the continent's latest civil war. How did the country in the heart of Africa reach this point?
- Dalai Lama, Netanyahu To Skip Nelson Mandela's Funeral
December 09 2013 12:23 PM
Dozens of world leaders plan to attend a memorial service for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, but some prominent names won't be among them.
- Political Corruption In Uganda: It's Never Been Worse
December 09 2013 11:20 AM
Ugandan MPs voted to raise their salaries by 38 percent – to more than $8,000 per month (in a country with an annual per capita income of about $550).
- South Asia Mourns Passing Of South Africa’s Anti-Apartheid Icon
December 06 2013 12:06 PM
Mandela had a long association with Indians and Indian people stretching back to his early days as an anti-apartheid activist.
- China's Authorities (And Political Prisoners) Remember Mandela's Legacy
December 06 2013 12:05 PM
Nelson Mandela is remembered by Chinese politicians and dissenters, but for slightly different reasons.
- Nelson Mandela In Ethiopia: A Peacemaker's Beginnings As Guerrilla Fighter
December 06 2013 11:30 AM
Before turning into an icon of national reconciliation, Nelson Mandela trained to wage war, in Ethiopia -- and left a deep legacy there.
- How The World's Major Newspapers Remembered Nelson Mandela
December 06 2013 10:39 AM
Newspapers across the world ran tributes to Mandela - one of the most influential statesmen and activists of the 20th century.