- US Embassy In Uganda Warns Of Terror Threat
September 13 2014 5:41 PM
“We urge that you exercise all possible caution, remaining at home or in a safe location until the all clear is issued," embassy officials said.
- 100 Boko Haram Militants Killed In Nigeria's Borno State
September 13 2014 1:34 PM
More than 300 Boko Haram members have been killed in the last two days by the Nigerian military.
- Boko Haram Suffers Heavy Losses In Clashes In Northern Nigeria
September 13 2014 4:30 AM
A senior Boko Haram commander was reportedly killed in a the fighting in Konduga town, about 22 miles southeast of Maiduguri.
- Cuba To Help Sierra Leone Fight Ebola
September 12 2014 6:14 AM
The Ebola virus, which has a death rate of about 50 percent, has already killed more than 2,200 people in West Africa.
- Watch Live: Oscar Pistorius Trial Verdict
September 12 2014 2:28 AM
The final verdict in the trail of Oscar Pistorius, who was cleared of murder Thursday but faces other charges, will be delivered Friday.
- US House Republicans Allot $88M For Ebola Response
September 10 2014 9:28 AM
House Republicans agreed to fund the White House's request for Ebola response in their proposed spending bill.
- China To Send 700 Troops To Join UN Forces In South Sudan
September 10 2014 8:16 AM
A U.N. official reportedly said that neither the date for the deployment nor the area has been finalized so far.
- African Asylum Seekers Forced To Leave Israel, HRW Says
September 10 2014 4:30 AM
The report alleged that, between January 2013 and June 2014, thousands of asylum seekers from Sudan and Eritrea were forced to leave Israel.
- African Union Soldiers Accused Of Raping Women And Girls
September 09 2014 5:47 AM
A HRW report alleged that the soldiers, at two bases in Somalia, had attempted to cover up the incidents by giving the victims food or money.
- US Air Marshall Attacked With Syringe At Nigerian Airport
September 09 2014 2:22 AM
The contents of the syringe are not known but the air marshal was flown back to the US where he is now under observation.
- Ebola Travel Bans Hinder Medical Relief Efforts: UN Agency
September 08 2014 4:49 PM
The fear factor of Ebola is also hurting the African tourism industry.
- Germany Arrests Al-Shabab Suspects Returning From Kenya
September 08 2014 7:24 AM
Three German nationals travelling from Kenya and suspected of being al-Shabab members were arrested.
- Al-Shabab Names New Leader After Deadly US Airstrike
September 06 2014 5:54 PM
The Islamist group, a wing of al Qaeda, also pledged to take revenge over the death of Ahmed Abdi Godane last week.
- Sierra Leone's Ebola Lockdown May Drive People 'Underground'
September 06 2014 5:27 PM
Doctors Without Borders warned that Sierra Leone's plans for a three-day house arrest could exacerbate the spread of the Ebola virus disease.
- Renewed Fighting In Benghazi Between General And Islamists
September 06 2014 3:19 PM
The clashes are the worst since the fall of Gadhafi 2011.
- Sierra Leone Goes Into Lockdown To Fight Ebola
September 06 2014 2:59 AM
More than 21,000 people have been hired to implement the lockdown in Sierra Leone, one of the countries worst-hit by the Ebola virus.
- Third American Infected With Ebola Is 'Stable'
September 05 2014 9:03 PM
Rick Sacra returned from Liberia Thursday and was communicating with doctors treating him for Ebola within 24 hours.
- US Airstrike Kills Al-Shabab Leader Ahmed Abdi Godane
September 05 2014 12:32 PM
The U.S. has killed the mastermind behind the most prominent Islamist terror group in Somalia.
- UN Health Officials Discuss Ways To Rush Ebola Drug Trials
September 05 2014 8:38 AM
ZMapp, an experimental drug, has been administered to nearly 10 health workers, but WHO is working to disseminate other treatment options.
- USAID Pledges $75M On Ebola Care In Liberia
September 05 2014 2:34 AM
A fourth American patient to be infected by Ebola is expected to reach Nebraska on Friday and will receive the experimental drug ZMapp.