- 'Massive Deployment' Needed To Fight Ebola
June 23 2014 11:00 PM
Doctors Without Borders is stretched to the breaking point in its battle against the deadly virus in West Africa.
- Mariam Ibrahim Has Been Released From Sudanese Prison
June 23 2014 5:01 PM
The ordeal of Ibrahim, sentenced to death for renouncing Islam, is finally nearly over.
- Explosion In Nigeria Kills 8, Wounds 20
June 23 2014 12:09 PM
At least eight are reported dead following an explosion in Kano, Nigeria Monday.
- Young Al-Jazeera Journalist Baher Mohamed Sentenced To 10 Years
June 23 2014 10:30 AM
Baher Mohamed was a young journalist getting his career started when he was arrested in Cairo last year. He was sentenced Monday to 10 years in an Egyptian prison.
- Mauritanian President Abdel Aziz Re-Elected With 82 Percent
June 22 2014 5:07 PM
- Pope Francis Says No On Legalizing Marijuana
June 20 2014 8:06 AM
The pope railed against marijuana legalization while speaking at a drug-enforcement conference in Rome.
- Car Bomb Blast At Somalia Hospital Kills 2
June 18 2014 7:31 AM
The explosion occurred in the parking lot of Keysaney Hospital in Mogadishu, which is home to the al-Shabab militant group.
- At Least 13 Killed At World Cup Viewing Center In Nigeria
June 17 2014 5:01 PM
There was no immediate word on casualties but a Reuters witness near the scene heard a loud boom. Some residents said they also heard a second explosion.
- Islamist Militants Kill 8 More In New Attack On Kenya Coast
June 17 2014 3:53 AM
Mpeketoni lies on the coast between Mombasa and the Somali border in the north.
- Congolese Conservationist Fired For Intimidation, Bribery
June 16 2014 11:51 PM
The senior director reportedly had critics of a British oil exploration firm beaten and threatened with death.
- At Least 48 Killed In Suspected Somali Militant Attack In Kenya
June 16 2014 4:10 AM
Authorities reportedly suspect that al-Shabab, Somalia's terror group, which is linked to al-Qaida, could be behind the attack.
- Two Christian Hostages Publicly Executed In CAR
June 13 2014 5:44 AM
Red Cross officials said 21 people were killed and nearly 130 homes destroyed in two days of violence.
- Nigerian Officials Ban Brazil World Cup Screenings
June 12 2014 7:52 AM
Nigeria plays against Iran in its first game on June 16 but intelligence reports have led officials to ban its screening.
- Boko Haram Mass Killings Continue, As Media Attention Wanes
June 06 2014 6:03 PM
The kidnapping of the Nigerian schoolgirls dominates press coverage, but it's far from the whole story.
- Central African Republic Bans Texts
June 04 2014 7:51 AM
The war-torn country's telecommunications ministry said the ban will be instituted "until further notice."
- Guinea-Bissau's Ex-Navy Chief Pleads Guilty In US Drug Case
June 04 2014 6:38 AM
The secret plea came more than a year after Na Tchuto was arrested in April 2013 from a luxury yacht off the coast of Guinea-Bissau.
- The 'Jon Stewart Of Egypt' Cancels Show
June 03 2014 10:39 AM
“The present climate in Egypt is not suitable for a political satire program," Bassem Youssef said.
- New Libyan Cabinet Meets After Police Take Over Building
June 02 2014 9:29 PM
The previous premier refused to acknowledge his successor as legitimate.
- Gunmen Kill Nine In Northeast Nigeria Church Attack
June 02 2014 1:20 PM
Gunmen opened fire on a church service in a remote village in northeastern Nigeria, killing nine people as worshippers fled into the bush, police and a witness said on Monday.
- Fatal Nigeria Bombing May Have Left 40 Dead
June 01 2014 5:33 PM
Boko Haram suspected in fatal bombing in northeast Nigeria as fans watched a soccer match.