- Where The Landmines Are
April 04 2013 4:59 PM
There are still millions of unexploded landmines from historical wars all over the world, the U.N. says.
- Nelson Mandela Obit Mistakenly Aired In South Africa
April 03 2013 8:30 PM
South African network DStv aired an obituary for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, but the iconic leader wasn't dead.
- Joseph Kony’s Head Now Worth $5M, But The Hunt Is On Hiatus
April 03 2013 5:58 PM
African and American forces have suspended their operation to rout the LRA, just the U.S. offered a bounty of $5 million for Joseph Kony.
- Killing Patrice Lumumba: Britain’s Spy Queen Admits 1961 Assassination Role
April 03 2013 5:13 AM
A new letter reveals that Britain's 'Queen of Spies' Daphne Park admitted to MI6's role in the 1961 Congo assassination of Patrice Lumumba.
- UN Approves Arms Trade Treaty With US Support
April 02 2013 6:28 PM
The General Assembly passed a treaty Tuesday aimed at keeping weapons from conflict zones and those who commit war crimes or genocide.
- South Africa Chopper Crash Kills 5 Soldiers On Patrol
March 31 2013 5:14 AM
A South African military helicopter patrolling the Kruger National Park Saturday crashed, killing five air force members.
- UN Peacekeepers To Gear Up For Combat In DR Congo
March 29 2013 2:41 PM
Monusco, a U.N. peacekeeping force in the DR Congo, will now include an intervention brigade with offensive combat capabilities.
- Nelson Mandela Back In Hospital With Lung Infection
March 28 2013 4:24 AM
Nelson Mandela, South Africa's former president, has been re-admitted to a military hospital in Pretoria.
- Mali On The Verge Of Transition, From Combat To Peacekeeping
March 27 2013 1:38 PM
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is looking ahead to the establishment of a peacekeeping force as the French withdraw.
- Somalia’s Displaced Citizens 'Held Hostage' In Camps
March 27 2013 1:13 PM
Reports of abuse, rape and exploitation have surfaced within the government-run camps meant to protect Somalian refugees.
- A Plague Of Locusts, In Madagascar, Of All Places
March 26 2013 7:32 PM
About half of Madagascar is infested with locusts, and the U.N. says they need $41 million to fight them off.
- China And Brazil Ditch US Dollar In Trade Deal
March 26 2013 5:49 PM
China and Brazil agreed to trade in each other's currencies in the amount of $30 billion per year over the next three years.