- Mombasa Targeted Yet Again, 4 Killed
July 21 2014 8:06 AM
While the attacks have been largely attributed to Islamist al-Shabab, many suspect political and ethnic rifts to be the underlying cause.
- 47 Killed In Clashes Between Rival Libyan Militia
July 21 2014 7:29 AM
Libya is witnessing one of the worst bouts of violence since the ouster of Moammar Gadhafi in 2011.
- Ex-Libyan Rebel Commander Appeals Torture Case
July 20 2014 9:36 PM
Human rights officials say it's time for the British government to stop hiding behind the "act of state doctrine."
- Sudanese Editor Beaten Over Call To Normalize Israel Ties
July 19 2014 11:42 PM
Tensions between Islamic countries and Israel have been running higher than usual this week.
- Israel Expands Gaza Ground Operations
July 19 2014 11:20 PM
There's no sign of a diplomatic breakthrough to end the worst fighting in two years between Israel and Hamas.
- Boko Haram Gunmen Slay At Least 18 In Latest Attack
July 19 2014 4:46 AM
Suspected Boko Haram members also set homes ablaze in the northeastern Nigerian town of Damboa.
- Who Is In Control Of What In Libya?
July 16 2014 4:35 PM
Most of the chaos that consumes the country is a direct result of the fracturing of militias.
- Libya Mulls International Security Force After Airport Attack
July 15 2014 11:42 AM
About 90 percent of planes and vehicles were destroyed in the attack.
- Benghazi Embassy Attack Suspect Found Dead In Custody
July 15 2014 2:33 AM
Shibli was said to have contact with al Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, or AQAP, and was questioned by the FBI last March.
- 'Don't Call Me A Political Novelist': Nadine Gordimer
July 14 2014 6:31 PM
Few knew Nadine Gordimer's work better than Robert Boyers, the editor of a small literary magazine to which she would submit work ahead of the New Yorker and Harpers.
- Nadine Gordimer, Nobel Laureate And Activist, Dies At Age 90
July 14 2014 11:37 AM
South African writer and anti-apartheid activist Nadine Gordimer died on Monday.
- UN Moves Staff Out Of Libya As Clashes Close Tripoli Airport
July 14 2014 1:18 AM
The airport was struck by rockets followed by heavy gunfire Sunday forcing international carriers to cancel flights.
- Eight Killed In Blasts In Egypt's Sinai Region
July 13 2014 8:43 PM
- Pope Says 2 Percent Of Priests Are Pedophiles
July 13 2014 8:06 PM
Pope Francis says he will handle the church's sexual abuse scandal "with the seriousness it requires."
- Al-Shabab Storms Presidential Palace In Mogadishu
July 08 2014 1:13 PM
Nine people were killed in the attack, which was believed to be the work of suicide bombers.
- Global Fight Against Poverty Is A Study In Contradictions
July 08 2014 6:54 AM
A UN report, published to assess the progress of countries toward achieving the MDG 2015 goals, betrays a lopsided trend.
- Better Charge Your Devices Before Heading To The Airport
July 07 2014 10:47 AM
Citing unrest in the Middle East, TSA has announced that US-bound passengers are required to show their electronics -- and they must be charged.
- Nigerian Women, Girls Escape Boko Haram Captors
July 07 2014 3:01 AM
More than 60 women and girls kidnapped by the Nigerian Islamist group Boko Haram in June reportedly escaped Friday night.
- Nigeria's Military Says It Killed 53 Islamist Boko Haram Fighters
July 06 2014 3:33 AM
The Nigerian armed forces also say they lost five soldiers and a senior military officer during a firefight in Damboa.
- US Cautions Travelers Over Uganda Airport Terror Threat
July 03 2014 11:15 AM
An unknown terrorist group may be launching an attack in the next few hours, the U.S. embassy said.