- Margaret Thatcher Dies At 87
April 08 2013 8:50 AM
Margaret Thatcher has died at age 87 from a stroke. She was the only woman to serve as prime minister in U.K. history.
- France Proposes To Retain 1,000 Soldiers In Mali, Permanently
April 06 2013 7:35 AM
France reassured Mali Friday that French troops would not be withdrawn “overnight” and proposed to retain a permanent force.
- Army General Fired Due To ‘Loss Of Confidence’ Following Alcohol And Sexual Misconduct Charges
April 05 2013 8:57 AM
Major General Ralph Baker out as Commander of the Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa on misconduct charges.
- Where The Landmines Are
April 04 2013 4:59 PM
There are still millions of unexploded landmines from historical wars all over the world, the U.N. says.
- Nelson Mandela Obit Mistakenly Aired In South Africa
April 03 2013 8:30 PM
South African network DStv aired an obituary for Nelson Mandela on Tuesday, but the iconic leader wasn't dead.
- Joseph Kony’s Head Now Worth $5M, But The Hunt Is On Hiatus
April 03 2013 5:58 PM
African and American forces have suspended their operation to rout the LRA, just the U.S. offered a bounty of $5 million for Joseph Kony.
- Killing Patrice Lumumba: Britain’s Spy Queen Admits 1961 Assassination Role
April 03 2013 5:13 AM
A new letter reveals that Britain's 'Queen of Spies' Daphne Park admitted to MI6's role in the 1961 Congo assassination of Patrice Lumumba.
- UN Approves Arms Trade Treaty With US Support
April 02 2013 6:28 PM
The General Assembly passed a treaty Tuesday aimed at keeping weapons from conflict zones and those who commit war crimes or genocide.
- South Africa Chopper Crash Kills 5 Soldiers On Patrol
March 31 2013 5:14 AM
A South African military helicopter patrolling the Kruger National Park Saturday crashed, killing five air force members.
- UN Peacekeepers To Gear Up For Combat In DR Congo
March 29 2013 2:41 PM
Monusco, a U.N. peacekeeping force in the DR Congo, will now include an intervention brigade with offensive combat capabilities.
- Nelson Mandela Back In Hospital With Lung Infection
March 28 2013 4:24 AM
Nelson Mandela, South Africa's former president, has been re-admitted to a military hospital in Pretoria.
- Mali On The Verge Of Transition, From Combat To Peacekeeping
March 27 2013 1:38 PM
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon is looking ahead to the establishment of a peacekeeping force as the French withdraw.