- South African Cricket Sets Quota To Guarantee Roster Spots For Black Players
October 16 2013 6:42 AM
More than 20 years after the fall of Apartheid, blacks remain under-represented in cricket.
- Addis Ababa Would-Be Bombers May Have Been Al-Shabab
October 14 2013 2:58 PM
Debris found at the site of the explosion suggests the perpetrators may have planned to target a major soccer game.
- African Union Demands Changes In ICC, But Won’t Quit
October 12 2013 1:54 PM
African leaders decided Saturday to push for an amendment barring the International Criminal Court from trying sitting heads of state.
- Where In The World Do Women Hold The Most Seats In Parliament?
October 12 2013 11:49 AM
Most female parliamentarians are in Latin American and sub-Saharan African countries.
- African Union Puts The International Criminal Court On Trial
October 11 2013 10:33 AM
An AU summit Friday could result in an unprecedented mass withdrawal from the International Criminal Court.
- Abducted Libyan Prime Minister Freed By Revolutionary Group
October 10 2013 2:09 AM
Ali Zeidan's kidnapping was reportedly triggered by an erroneous arrest warrant that the interim government denied knowledge of.
- Libyan Prime Minister Kidnapped By Unidentified Gunmen
October 10 2013 1:05 AM
Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan was kidnapped early Thursday, the country's interim government has confirmed.
- For Peacekeepers In Congo, Fighting M23 Was Just The Beginning
October 07 2013 1:38 PM
U.N. forces embroiled in the civil war in the Congo have two new foes: One is tied to Rwanda, and the other is an Islamist group.
- Libya Protests ‘Kidnap’ Of Al Qaeda Suspect
October 06 2013 9:35 AM
U.S. special forces in Tripoli seized an accused mastermind of 1998 bombings.
- US Navy SEAL Team Seizes Somali Al-Shabab Militant
October 05 2013 5:16 PM
U.S. Navy SEALs raided a seaside villa in Somalia in retaliation for the Kenya attack.
- Gambia Exits The ‘Neocolonial’ Commonwealth
October 03 2013 11:56 AM
Jammeh has been criticized for various human rights violations by the British government and other western states.
- For Sudanese President Bashir, Arab Spring Comparisons Are Old Hat
October 02 2013 12:45 PM
Sudan has seen plenty of protests large and small over the past two years. Could this one break the mold?
- World Population: 9.7 Billion By 2050
October 02 2013 10:36 AM
World population will increase to 9.7 billion from the current 7.1 billion; India will be the largest nation, a new study predicted.
- Kenya Mall Attacks: Indians Living In Fear, Somalis Worry Over Backlash
October 01 2013 12:24 PM
The Gujarati community has lived in Kenya, and other regions of East Africa, for well over a hundred years.
- Terrorists Storm Nigeria College Dorm, Kill 50
September 29 2013 2:19 PM
At least 50 students were killed in their sleep by suspected Boko Haram militants on Sunday.
- Soft Targets: Kenya Mall Shooting Raises Fears Of Similar Atrocities In India
September 26 2013 12:45 PM
Indian shopping centers have already increased security efforts since the 2008 attacks in Mumbai.
- No More Drones At The Airport As Djibouti Pulls Plug On US Military
September 26 2013 7:50 AM
The drones have been banished to the desert, but Djibouti remains a major hub for U.S. counterterrorism ops in the Horn of Africa.
- Kenyan Shopping Mall Terror Attack: Were Indians Targeted?
September 26 2013 5:46 AM
Between 70,000 and 100,000 people of Indian origin -- constituting less than 1 percent of the population -- live in Kenya.
- Kenyan President Declares Victory In Nairobi Mall Siege
September 25 2013 3:53 AM
But, the death toll could exceed the current estimate as operations are under way to retrieve bodies of the victims and militants.
- Who Is Elif Yavuz? Pregnant Clinton Foundation Staffer, Partner Ross Langdon Among 69 Killed In Kenya Westgate Shopping Mall Attack
September 24 2013 1:56 PM
Elif Yavuz was based in Tanzania for the Clinton Foundation but wanted to be in Kenya as her due date neared because she felt the country was safe.