- Somalia’s Displaced Citizens 'Held Hostage' In Camps
March 27 2013 1:13 PM
Reports of abuse, rape and exploitation have surfaced within the government-run camps meant to protect Somalian refugees.
- A Plague Of Locusts, In Madagascar, Of All Places
March 26 2013 7:32 PM
About half of Madagascar is infested with locusts, and the U.N. says they need $41 million to fight them off.
- China And Brazil Ditch US Dollar In Trade Deal
March 26 2013 5:49 PM
China and Brazil agreed to trade in each other's currencies in the amount of $30 billion per year over the next three years.
- Seleka Rebel Leader Djotodia Suspends Constitution
March 26 2013 3:20 AM
The leader of Seleka rebels who gained control of Bangui said Tuesday that he is suspending the constitution.
- Xi Jinping In Tanzania: What's In It For Africa?
March 25 2013 1:02 PM
The new president of China's first visit to another continent is to Africa. The country: resource-rich Tanzania.
- EU Lifts Some Sanctions Against Zimbabwe, But Not Mugabe
March 25 2013 10:59 AM
Mugabe has ruled, or co-ruled, Zimbabwe since 1980.
- Islamist Rebels Retreat After Fierce Gao Attack
March 24 2013 6:13 AM
Islamist rebels who attacked the northern Malian town of Gao were repelled after fierce fighting Saturday.
- Rebels Enter Central African Republic Capital
March 23 2013 3:43 PM
Rebels in the Central African Republic have entered the capital Bangui, witnesses say.
- Swaziland Ignores Its Own Hungry, Sells Donated Food
March 21 2013 6:11 AM
Swaziland has failed to produce enough food to feed itself for the past four decades.
- Zimbabwe Gears Up For Heated Elections
March 20 2013 1:51 PM
Zimbabwe is set to hold elections later this year after adopting a new constitution.
- Al-Qaeda Kills French Hostage In Mali: Report
March 20 2013 3:00 AM
A French businessman captured in Mali in 2011 was executed in retaliation for France’s Mali offensive, ANI reported Tuesday.
- Cardinal Says Pedophilia Not A Crime: Durban Archbishop Wilfrid Fox Napier Apologizes For Saying Pedophiles Should Not Be Punished For 'Disorder'
March 18 2013 9:26 AM
South African Cardinal Wilfrid Fox Napier apologized for saying that child abusers should not be treated like criminals.