- With Kenya's Election Results, Uncertainty Reigns
March 08 2013 12:44 PM
Uhuru Kenyatta, leader of the National Alliance, is leading the vote count, but his opponent, Raila Odinga, claims election fraud occurred.
- Kenyan Elections Headed For A Nail-Biting Finish?
March 08 2013 3:19 AM
The frontrunner in Kenyan presidential election Uhuru Kenyatta’s lead over his main rival Raila Odinga narrowed Friday.
- Dirk Coetzee, Former Apartheid Enforcer, Dies At 57
March 07 2013 3:55 PM
Coetzee ran his squad of killers from a farm called Vlakplaas outside Pretoria during 1980 and 1981.
- The Plight Of Africa's Albino People
March 07 2013 12:37 PM
Albino people in East/Southern Africa are suffering attacks, amputations and murders, but some advocacy groups are working for change.
- In Kenya, Election Fraud Allegations Surface
March 07 2013 11:15 AM
Raila Odinga's party is claiming fraud in Kenya election -- just like they did five years ago before the country erupted into violence.
- Kenya Presidential Polls Marred By Rigging Claims
March 07 2013 7:30 AM
The running mate of one of Kenya's two frontrunners in the presidential election alleged Thursday that the ballot count was rigged.
- Kenya May Elect A Man Indicted For Fomenting Violence
March 05 2013 11:54 PM
Provisional Kenyan presidential election results show front-runner Uhuru Kenyatta may win despite being indicted for crimes against humanity.
- Top Al Qaeda Leaders In Africa Could Be Dead, But Does It Matter?
March 05 2013 5:58 AM
Chadian officials say Mokhtar Belmokhtar and Abdelhamid Abou Zeid are dead. But even if it's true, regional turmoil is far from over.
- Kenyatta Leads In Early Kenya Election Returns
March 04 2013 7:49 PM
Final results of the presidential election in Kenya are yet to be released, but a provisional tally shows Uhuru Kenyatta in the lead.
- Watch The French Army Fight Islamists In Mali [VIDEO]
March 04 2013 5:56 PM
As their third soldier has been reported dead in Mali, the French have published a video showing a firefight with Islamists.
- A New Business For Organized Crime: Great Apes
March 04 2013 3:38 PM
Africa and Southeast Asia are rapidly losing their populations of great apes to trafficking, and international mafias are responsible, says the U.N..
- As Kenya Votes, Lines Are Long But Violence Is Low
March 04 2013 2:23 PM
Kenyan voters now await the election results of a close contest between Raila Odinga and Uhuru Kenyatta, with violence under control.