- Facing Sky-High Murder Rate, Venezuela Moves To Disarm Civilians
September 22 2014 11:44 AM
The new campaign aims to stem violence in the country with the world's second-highest murder rate.
- Group Aims To Shut Down US-Mexico Border Saturday
September 19 2014 3:31 PM
Shut Down All Ports Of Entry wants the U.S. to stop giving benefits to illegal immigrant and start building a border fence.
- After Scotland Vote, Watch Catalonia Next
September 18 2014 3:42 PM
The Catalans and Flemish are hoping for a boost from a Scottish vote, and Quebec independence advocates are watching closely, too.
- Poroshenko Expected To Request Further Aid During US Visit
September 18 2014 2:49 AM
Kiev has reportedly been asking for advanced military technology from the U.S., which the Obama administration has so far refused to provide.
- Latin America's Minimum Wage Battles
September 15 2014 4:37 PM
While the U.S. debates raising minimum wages, its Southern neighbors are doing just that -- but inflation may make their efforts in vain.
- Report: Banks Handled Cocaine-Tainted Cash
September 14 2014 12:53 PM
DEA highlights how global drug proceeds can make their way into the pockets of the Colombian kingpins.
- Are Mexican Drug Gangs Looking To Grow Their Own?
September 13 2014 10:30 AM
The discovery of coca plants in Mexico hints at a big shift in Mexican cocaine operations, but don’t count on major changes soon.
- Rob Ford Withdraws From Toronto Mayor's Race
September 12 2014 1:46 PM
Embattled Toronto Mayor Rob Ford cited health reasons for his exit.
- Chile May Revoke Amnesty For Pinochet-Era Crimes
September 12 2014 11:59 AM
Chilean judges haven’t invoked the law since 1998, but repealing it would be a landmark human rights move nonetheless.
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Hospitalized For Suspected Tumor
September 10 2014 8:05 PM
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford went to the hospital Wednesday for a suspected tumor.
- Chile's Mysterious Bombing Spree
September 09 2014 3:22 PM
Chile has enviably low rates of violence, but a spate of bomb attacks has the country worried. Are anarchists to blame?
- Local ‘La Familia' Cartel Boss Gunned Down In Mexico
September 08 2014 8:03 PM
Sunday’s attack shows remnants linger of a cartel known for using beheadings as a fear tactic.
- Obama Delays Immigration Action Until After Election
September 06 2014 12:35 PM
The president had pledged action on immigration reform by the end of the summer. Republicans call the reversal "raw politics."
- One In 10 Girls Raped Or Assaulted By Age 20, UN Says
September 04 2014 11:29 PM
The report draws on data from 190 countries and paints a grim picture of the extent of physical and sexual violence against children.
- Clinton, Christie Vie For Energy Industry Favor
September 04 2014 2:48 PM
Clinton is addressing "clean energy" leaders Thursday, while Christie appealed to oil and gas players in a Wednesday speech.
- Orthodox Jews Expelled From Guatemalan Village
August 30 2014 7:25 AM
Jews from the Ultra-Orthodox Lev Tahor Sect began arriving in the remote Guatemalan village in March from Canada.
- Surfer Killed In Malibu As Huge Waves Batter California Coast
August 28 2014 8:57 AM
Despite the danger, surfers are still flocking to Southern California's beaches.
- Pablo Esobar's Hitman Released Early From Prison
August 27 2014 8:42 AM
Pablo Escobar's former hitman, serving a 30-year prison sentence, was sprung early in Colombia Tuesday.
- US Schools Gear Up For Child Migrants
August 26 2014 3:34 PM
More than 37,000 of the Central American child migrants who have come into the U.S. this year are now set to enter public-school systems.
- Mexico's President Calls For Justice For Immigrants During California Trip
August 26 2014 7:53 AM
Mexico's President Enrique Pena Nieto was scheduled to address the California Legislature Tuesday.