- University of Idaho researchers believe Uranus has two previously undiscovered moonlets in the planet's alpha and beta ring.
- Tensions remain high in Venezuela following the striking down of a recall referendum against President Nicolas Maduro.
- Many of the attendees at the 21st International Clown Convention in Mexico City chanted "We are clowns, not killers!"
- A team of researchers has argued that consciousness may be the byproduct of the brain trying to move toward a state of higher entropy.
- NASA delays a planned maneuver after engine problems arise.
- UNESCO's vote criticizing Israel and including only the Islamic title for Jerusalem's holy site calls Israel's international relations into question.