- For Child Migrants In Court, Access To A Lawyer Depends On Chance
July 17 2014 1:19 PM
Child migrants do not have an attorney appointed for them, and immigration lawyers say pro bono services are stretched thin.
- Activist's Detention Escalates Immigration Tensions
July 15 2014 5:08 PM
The detention of the well-known activist puts a harsh spotlight on U.S. government actions over a low-priority case.
- Negotiations To Launch New BRICS Bank Hit Snag: Reuters
July 15 2014 1:26 AM
Negotiations have stalled for now on a dispute between China, India and South Africa over who will host the bank.
- US Sends First Flight Of Women And Children Back To Honduras
July 14 2014 10:36 PM
The migrants were the first wave processed in new facilities through the Obama administration's expedited deportation process.
- How US Deportation Policies Helped Crime Fester in Central America
July 14 2014 4:49 PM
The violent gangs pervading Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador first formed in Los Angeles prisons.
- Pope Says 2 Percent Of Priests Are Pedophiles
July 13 2014 8:06 PM
Pope Francis says he will handle the church's sexual abuse scandal "with the seriousness it requires."
- Putin Waives $32B Of Cuba's Debt, Seeks Stronger Trade Ties
July 12 2014 6:04 AM
On the first day of his Latin America tour, the Russian president canceled 90 percent of Cuba's debt to his country.
- Where Do The Billions Of Dollars In US Foreign Aid Go?
July 11 2014 4:18 PM
U.S. foreign aid has been the subject of recent criticism. IBTimes tracked where it has been going and what it is being spent on.
- Child Migrants Are Fleeing San Pedro Sula, Murder Capital Of The World
July 11 2014 2:34 PM
Gang violence and poverty have made San Pedro Sula one of the largest sources of child migrants streaming into the U.S.
- Now, Pay To Breathe At This Airport
July 11 2014 8:29 AM
Passengers at Maiquetia International Airport in the Venezuelan capital of Caracas now have to shell out a $20 tax for the air they breathe.
- Refugees Or Economic Migrants?
July 10 2014 11:06 AM
With the complex causes behind the influx of child migrants from Central America to the U.S., not everyone fits neatly under one label.
- Obama's Funding Request for Child Migrants Not Enough for Immigrants' Rights Advocates
July 08 2014 5:40 PM
Immigrants' rights groups say the administration has leaned too heavily on enforcement-heavy policies.
- Perry Agrees To Meet Obama To Discuss Immigration
July 08 2014 3:12 PM
After first refusing to meet President Obama on the tarmac in Austin, Texas Gov. Rick Perry agrees to a Dallas meeting on immigration.
- Obama Seeks Emergency Funding For Southern Border Crisis
July 08 2014 12:27 PM
About 52,000 unaccompanied children from Central America have crossed the southern border since January.
- PHOTOS: Major Central American Earthquake Rocks Region
July 07 2014 11:22 AM
Twitter exploded with photos from the scene after an early morning earthquake shook the Mexico-Guatemala border.
- Bolivia Allows 10-Year-Olds To Work Legally
July 07 2014 11:12 AM
Bolivian children are working out of necessity, and the government is officially recognizing what has long been a fact of life.
- Better Charge Your Devices Before Heading To The Airport
July 07 2014 10:47 AM
Citing unrest in the Middle East, TSA has announced that US-bound passengers are required to show their electronics -- and they must be charged.
- Australia Is Globe's Party Drug Superpower
July 07 2014 5:25 AM
Not only does Australia have the highest number of illicit drug users, it also has the highest number of Ecstasy users, says a U.N. report.
- Lawmakers Criticize President Obama's Handling Of Immigration Crisis
July 06 2014 6:14 PM
President Obama caught flak for his handling of the immigration crisis from all angles on the airwaves Sunday.
- Obama Proposal To Fast-Track Deportations Could Turn Away Kids Who Qualify For Asylum
July 03 2014 5:44 PM
Immigration advocates say the law change would let refugee children fall through the cracks.