- Inmates Take Control Of Brazilian Prison In Riot
August 25 2014 2:31 AM
At least 700 prisoners are involved in the riots, reportedly triggered by protests for better facilities in the prison.
- China Executes Eight Uighur Muslims For Terrorism
August 23 2014 11:21 PM
Authorities say three of those put to death were behind October's attack in Tiananmen Square.
- UN Seeks 'Immediate Action' For Iraqis 'Besieged' By Islamic State
August 23 2014 11:04 PM
The group has cut off an entire town from food, water and medicine, the U.N. says.
- China Blames US For 'Dangerous' Jet Encounter
August 23 2014 5:52 PM
Beijing says the US is to blame for the encounter.
- Costa Rica To Probe Covert US Anti-Cuba Program
August 23 2014 4:42 AM
The U.S. reportedly sent Venezuelans, Costa Ricans and Peruvians to Cuba through a state-funded program aimed to topple Cuba’s government.
- Muslim Cleric Claims ISIS Is Recruiting In Canada
August 23 2014 4:17 AM
The cleric said Islamist militants are recruiting Canadians and have issued death threats against him.
- US Warns Travelers Flights To Venezuela May Dry Up
August 21 2014 6:13 AM
Venezuela is locked in a dispute with foreign carriers over $4 billion in revenues that the government is preventing them from repatriating.
- Darren Wilson Supporters Gather At Bar To Support Police
August 18 2014 12:07 AM
Supporters of the officer who killed Mike Brown, 18, are rallying together to help Darren Wilson's family.
- Brazilian Fugitives Post Jailbreak Images
August 17 2014 12:18 PM
Thirteen prisoners filmed themselves escaping a Rio Verde prison through a tunnel.
- Argentina's President Rails Against U.S. Creditors
August 16 2014 11:25 PM
The country's president decried the behavior of U.S. vulture funds, saying that "they don't want a solution" to the country's debt crisis.
- Brazil’s Marina Silva Ready For Presidential Run: Reports
August 16 2014 1:18 PM
Marina Silva appears poised to be her party's presidential candidate, replacing Eduardo Campos, who was killed in a plane clash last week.
- Black-Box Mystery Of Brazilian Presidential Candidate's Fatal Flight
August 16 2014 4:19 AM
The plane was said to be carrying seven people, but authorities claim that only six people died in the accident.
- Can Chinese Backer Of Nicaragua's Canal Get It Done?
August 15 2014 2:52 PM
The man behind the $50 billion project designed to revitalize Nicaragua's economy remains a mystery.
- Alabama Prisons Facing 'Serious' Tuberculosis Outbreak
August 14 2014 9:11 PM
The worst outbreak since 2009 follows a year of no cases of TB in Alabama prisons.
- Pope Warns Against Being 'Secularized And Materialistic'
August 14 2014 8:19 PM
Pope Francis, traveling in a Kia while in South Korea, cautioned bishops about caring more about "worldly" successes than the Gospel.
- Latin America Softens On Marijuana
August 13 2014 4:04 PM
Inch by inch, Latin American countries are moving toward decriminalization of pot, yet full legalization is still far away.
- Brazilian Presidential Candidate Killed In Plane Crash
August 13 2014 1:04 PM
Eduardo Campos, 49, was the leader of the Brazilian Socialist Party. He was running third in the polls.
- Rwandan Accused Of War Crimes Arrested Crossing Into US
August 09 2014 9:02 PM
Leonard Teganya, 42, is accused of violating international law and the Canadian Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act.
- Amid Territorial Claims, Canada Launches Mission To North Pole
August 09 2014 8:59 AM
The region is believed to hold nearly 13 percent of the world’s undiscovered oil deposits and 30 percent of its hidden natural gas reserves.
- Why Aren't Central Americans Getting US Asylum?
August 08 2014 4:32 PM
Asylum claims from Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras have only about a 4% success rate in the courts. That compares to 80% for Chinese.